Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · EOS software install crashes on mountain lion 10.8?

argonaut
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · EOS software install crashes on mountain lion 10.8?

Hi I am trying to install the latest set of software that came with the 1DX...utilities, DPP etc... I am running a macbook pro retina and the install crashes...

Any suggestions would be appreciated by others that had this happen or were able to successfully install it?

I tried downloading the latest software from Canon but it made no difference.

Thanks,

Marc

Sorry for cross-post...still looking for an answer...

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:01 PM
abqnmusa
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · EOS software install crashes on mountain lion 10.8?

I am using a Mac Pro with OSX 10.8.2 (mountain lion)
no problems with install of DPP, EOS utility, etc.

I would remove Canon software from \applications
I would search \library for "DPP", "EOS", "EOS utility", and remove
I would search your profile \profilename\library for the same and remove

note: go to your profile folder, hold down the option key, and select go in the menu
holding down option allows you to see library

then reboot and re-install

as a side-note:

I still use DPP but find Aperture 3 to be better in many ways. It produces the same clean RAW conversions as DPP (unlike Adobe ACR). Aperture 3 is also much more advanced of a photo editor than DPP. Purchased and updates from the Apple App store for $79.

Canon website - 5D III chosen - OSX 10.8 updates

Edited on Nov 26, 2012 at 11:51 PM · View previous versions

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM
spdntrxi
• •
p.1 #3 · EOS software install crashes on mountain lion 10.8?

Now I dont really use canon software, but I was able to install in my rMBP with no issues...10.8.2 as well.

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:47 PM
AbramG
• • • •
p.1 #4 · EOS software install crashes on mountain lion 10.8?

Here's the reason. The software that came with your camera is outdated. I had to dig around for this very answer as I was unable to reinstall any EOS software after updating to 10.8. If you go to the Canon site you can get the latest version and that should work.

Nov 27, 2012 at 02:34 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · EOS software install crashes on mountain lion 10.8?

Canon always drags it's feet in regards to updating apps for OS updates. So, if you use their stuff, wait a few months (or more) for them to catch up. With that said, their latest and greatest runs fine on my Mac Pro under Mountain Lion.

Nov 27, 2012 at 02:54 AM
rk-d
• •
p.1 #6 · EOS software install crashes on mountain lion 10.8?

AbramG wrote:
Here's the reason. The software that came with your camera is outdated. I had to dig around for this very answer as I was unable to reinstall any EOS software after updating to 10.8. If you go to the Canon site you can get the latest version and that should work.

Agree with this - go to the website and get the latest version. It will work.

Nov 27, 2012 at 06:00 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

argonaut
• •
p.1 #7 · EOS software install crashes on mountain lion 10.8?

Thank you all very much for your ideas! abqnmusa, you idea got it to start loading...but then it kept crashing...so....I made an appt...

I was able to get it installed by going to the friendly Apple Geniuses...they checked the console error messages, deleted some WDSmartdrive (from an external drive not used) and deactivated all startup-plugins...

and voila! the cd installed the software....and then I went to Canon and downloaded the latest updates..

Nov 28, 2012 at 04:32 AM
abqnmusa
• • • •
p.1 #8 · EOS software install crashes on mountain lion 10.8?

Good news Argonaut. I have always found Apple support at the stores to be excellent.

Nov 28, 2012 at 04:13 PM
argonaut
• •
p.1 #9 · EOS software install crashes on mountain lion 10.8?

very true..I will add....it was a big change for me a few years ago when I switched from Win to Mac even though major parts of my business (I run a web development and marketing firm) are windows based (I still run a copy of windows for IE explorer and the odd win software needed)...but really, really love the mac hardware, software and great support! 99% of the time...like the (Ad ?) said...it just works

Nov 28, 2012 at 04:18 PM
rhphotog

p.1 #10 · EOS software install crashes on mountain lion 10.8?

For all the suggestions re going to the Canon website to update/upgrade software, I was going to upgrade the firmware on a 5DM3 from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3, and was advised by Canon that Mountain Lion was not currently supported. Any suggestions out there, minus going back to OSX 10.7?

Dec 24, 2012 at 12:54 AM
fredmaurer
• •
p.1 #11 · EOS software install crashes on mountain lion 10.8?

A few months ago there was a problem with 10.8.2 but Canon has since updated their programs and all seems well now.

I am running 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion) with

Image Browser 1.1.1.19
DPP 3.12.52
EOS Utility 2.12.3

Dec 24, 2012 at 01:57 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password