Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Flash!

GonzalesFamily

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Flash!

I Have been looking inot buying a flash for my Cannon T2i but I dont want to spend alot of money, being that the cannon speedlights are a bit pricy. i was looking into the yongnuo 560, the only problem is I really dont know to much about it. Any insight will be Appreciated

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:23 PM
robbymack
• •
p.1 #2 · Flash!

There are a lot of folks that use that flash and are happy, but i think it's fully manual (please someone correct me if I'm wrong), which means you'd have to set the exposure on the flash as well. To be honest unless you are a real flash pro then I'd recommend getting one that gives you ettl as it will help relieve some headaches. The speedlight ex430ii can probably be picked up used in the marketplace for not substantially more than the yougnuo and is likely all the flash you need. Or you could also get a 270exii which should also do the trick.

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:30 PM
GonzalesFamily

p.1 #3 · Flash!

Thats what Im getting that its a full manual Flash, and currently Im not as knowledgeable as I would like to be with flash set up. so I might create more of a headache for myself then I want too. Thanks for your help@robbymack

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:34 PM
GonzalesFamily

p.1 #4 · Flash!

Thats what Im getting that its a full manual Flash, and currently Im not as knowledgeable as I would like to be with flash set up. so I might create more of a headache for myself then I want too. Thanks for your help@robbymack

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:34 PM
bbasiaga
• • •
p.1 #5 · Flash!

Go read www.strobist.com under the Lighting 101 section. You'll find out manual flash isn't that hard. That said, if you do want an ETTL flash, find a decent used 430EXII. They are powerful enough for most jobs and much less expensive than the 580 series.

If you can live with manual, you can find a lot of great deals. The Lumopro 160 is a wonderful flash.

-Brian

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:19 PM
GonzalesFamily

p.1 #6 · Flash!

bbasiaga thanks for the site refference.
I can pick up a Yongnou 560 flash for 50$ and the 430ex new starts off like 250$ i would love to save the money, being that I generally dont use a flash im a little fearfull by the word Manual.but with winter months coming i need to pick one up even for my outdoor shots.

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:27 PM
dansmail26
• •
p.1 #7 · Flash!

If you want to stay under $100 I'd suggest the Yongnuo 468 II which is an automatic flash (copy of the 430) for around $80.

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Flash!

GonzalesFamily wrote:
I Have been looking inot buying a flash for my Cannon T2i but I dont want to spend alot of money, being that the cannon speedlights are a bit pricy. i was looking into the yongnuo 560, the only problem is I really dont know to much about it. Any insight will be Appreciated

if this is your only flash look at the ETTL flashes - Yongnuo YN468, YN565ex, etc. or the Sunpak PZ40,
http://speedlights.net/

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:52 AM
GonzalesFamily

p.1 #9 · Flash!

Awesome! thanks for the help i'm thinkning 468 might be a good grab.

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM
curious80
• • •
p.1 #10 · Flash!

I almost always used my 430EX and 580EX in manual power mode. I tried ETTL at the beginning but most of the time had to dial in some flash exposure compensation to get the results that I wanted. Plus ETTL's idea of what is correct exposure often changed with some change in framing so I couldn't just set the compensation once and then forget it - I had to keep fiddling with it. Tired of that I just switched to manual flash and life was much simpler afterwards. I could do a couple of test shots, get my flash where I wanted it and then leave it there for next many shots. Basically unless the lighting conditions are changing significantly from shot to shot, I find manual exposure control to be simpler than having to fight with camera's idea of what is the correct exposure. In changing conditions however I switch to automated modes.

Nov 27, 2012 at 01:07 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

GonzalesFamily

p.1 #11 · Flash!

I thought I had it all figure out but now you have me thinking again. what type of shooting do you normally do?

Nov 27, 2012 at 01:33 AM
curious80
• • •
p.1 #12 · Flash!

Well I think you should give ETTL a try - It has been years since I last tried ETTL and technology keeps moving forward. A lot of my shooting is indoors, shooting my daughter and family and at gatherings.

Nov 27, 2012 at 01:40 AM
GonzalesFamily

p.1 #13 · Flash!

oh nice! I usually shoot Outdoors, trying to merge into the indoord scene. so I think it might be time to grab a flash.

Nov 27, 2012 at 01:43 AM
curious80
• • •
p.1 #14 · Flash!

When you are indoors, you almost always want to use bounced flash to get soft diffused lighting and thats where I found ETTL to always give me less than desired flash exposure. But yeah get a flash and play around with it until you find what works for you!

Nov 27, 2012 at 01:48 AM
GonzalesFamily

p.1 #15 · Flash!

Thanks for the tip!

Nov 27, 2012 at 01:56 AM
AmbientMike
• • •
p.1 #16 · Flash!

The guy at keh talked me in to a 380 EX + cord. I am glad he did. I have a 540EZ which is manual which isnt as hard as I thought but Ive been doing photography a long time.
380 ex is auto only.

Whatever you get, Get a flash you can bounce off ceiling.

Nov 27, 2012 at 03:38 AM
AmbientMike
• • •
p.1 #17 · Flash!

Use flash ev adjustment if exposure is off.

Nov 27, 2012 at 03:39 AM
qburke

p.1 #18 · Flash!

I love Yongnuo flashes! I own five total - four YN560's and a YN565. The YN565 is great if you need ettl. You can always start by playing around with ettl and then switch the flash to manual to practice manual settings. Then pick up some cheap Yongnuo triggers and play around with off-camera flash. It will change your life...

Nov 28, 2012 at 05:07 PM
devaulrg
• •
p.1 #19 · Flash!

the exclamation point in the subject requires this to be in the thread somewhere.
Flash!

Nov 28, 2012 at 05:17 PM
runamuck
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · Flash!

Start with auto. When you have time, experiment with manual.

Nov 28, 2012 at 05:40 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password