Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 1st ever attempt at pro sports shooting

afoord82
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · 1st ever attempt at pro sports shooting

I was working at MetLife stadium and was allowed onto the field for a few plays (behind the PRO photographer's, not in the way) to get a few captures. Here are some of my favorites of Rodgers dropping back.

5D Mark III
70-200L 2.8 non-IS

Nov 26, 2012 at 03:43 PM
mkchang
• • •
p.1 #2 · 1st ever attempt at pro sports shooting

You need to get in front of the action and get faces. If you are behind the offense then get to the side and get shots of the hand off as he is turning towards the running back.

Nov 26, 2012 at 04:15 PM
afoord82
• •
p.1 #3 · 1st ever attempt at pro sports shooting

I totally agree and understand what you're saying, due to the restrictions and time I was oy allowed to shoot from behind the play. I do wish however I could have gotten around a little more

Nov 26, 2012 at 04:35 PM
gazzaf1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · 1st ever attempt at pro sports shooting

When I am stuck behind I look for good defense/offense blocking plays, they lend to some good action that is missed when everyone is focused on the ball.

Nov 26, 2012 at 06:19 PM
Trevorma
• •
p.1 #5 · 1st ever attempt at pro sports shooting

I think given the situation you described you did fine. The exposure and focus (assuming you meant to shoot Rodgers) is bang on.......

Like mentioned above faces would have been better, but if this was the only spot you could shoot from another suggestion might have been to go wide, show the entire O and D line?

Maybe really wide and show the stadium?

Nov 26, 2012 at 06:25 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

afoord82
• •
p.1 #6 · 1st ever attempt at pro sports shooting

Yes Rodgers was the main focus. Since I was actually working and wasnt 100% sure id even be able to get onto the field, I only brought my 70-200, but yes wide would have been cool! I also like the blocking of Sitton in these, which was something I was hoping to catch (good blocks/defensive plays)

Here is another one from which I wish I was on the other side.

Nov 26, 2012 at 07:13 PM
Robert Way
• •
p.1 #7 · 1st ever attempt at pro sports shooting

What a great experience! I like the shot of number 94 on the Giants coming around to put pressure on Rodgers. I'm not sure of you can crop tight to highlight this or not.

Bob

Nov 28, 2012 at 08:28 PM
dankopp
• •
p.1 #8 · 1st ever attempt at pro sports shooting

Another thing you can get from behind is the receiver turning to catch the ball.

Nov 28, 2012 at 09:03 PM
afoord82
• •
p.1 #9 · 1st ever attempt at pro sports shooting

took advice and cropped down as close as I could

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:53 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password