Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Anyone have any experience with the Pentax k-5II(s)

Desmoface

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Anyone have any experience with the Pentax k-5II(s)

I was all set to get the Oly Omd EM5, when the updated K-5 caught my attention. Supposedly smaller than it's dslr competition, great sensor, improve low-light af, and the ability to shoot in DNG (not a deal breaker, but a plus).

Question is, I've read about qc issues over the years. Can anyone comment on the updated k-5, primarily it's low light auto focus? This is critical as I shoot a lot indoors in less than optimal light. This will be used for general photography. Also, the IIs without the AA filter sounds intriguing. I've read one review that said to buy the s over the regular model as moire will only be an issue in 1/2 of 1 % of the photos. Thanks in advance.

Steve

Nov 26, 2012 at 02:48 PM
jdanze

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Anyone have any experience with the Pentax k-5II(s)

I shot with a K-5 (original) for over a year, and honestly, I feel like the bad focus in low light thing is way overblown. I found it accurate in low light, maybe a bit slow. But I used AF-S versus AF-C and usually recomposed, so take it for what it's worth.

I didn't like the fact that it was so small, but it was built like a freaking tank. With grip it was comfortable, without, it was really tiny. Weather sealed, great sensor (high ISO) and nice and quiet.

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:41 AM
deadwolfbones
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Anyone have any experience with the Pentax k-5II(s)

I've been using the K-5 II AND IIs for the last few weeks. Shot a theater dress rehearsal with the IIs and my set of FA Limited primes. I had no problems with focus in very mixed lighting. Sharpness was excellent, too. It really is just a K-5 with better autofocus (and in the case of the IIs, no AA filter). The only other differences I've noticed are cosmetic.

Nov 29, 2012 at 01:51 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password