Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Phottix Odin(Nikon Version) w/LumoPro LP160 Flash?

wlucero

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Phottix Odin(Nikon Version) w/LumoPro LP160 Flash?

Anyone successfully using the latest Phottix Odin wireless trigger setup to control LumoPro LP160 flashes?

Phottix Odin has given me a definite-maybe-possibly "probably not" response. : )

I'm mainly looking to verify that I can adjust the power settings remotely using the transmitter as I would using the SU-800 Commander for Nikon flashes. TTL isn't all that important to me.

Thank you for any responses.

Wayne

LumoPro LP160 Flash

Phottix Odin Trigger for Nikon

Nov 26, 2012 at 02:14 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Phottix Odin(Nikon Version) w/LumoPro LP160 Flash?

wlucero wrote:
...I'm mainly looking to verify that I can adjust the power settings remotely using the transmitter as I would using the SU-800 Commander for Nikon flashes.

No, that won't work. The LP160 can be fired (synced) using it's built-in optical slave, but it's a simple "fire-only" receiver. Using the Odin receiver, you'd also get only a sync signal; the LP160 has no remote control capability to the best of my knowledge.

Dec 01, 2012 at 04:28 PM
wlucero

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Phottix Odin(Nikon Version) w/LumoPro LP160 Flash?

Awesome! Thanks for clarifying. I'm a beginner aspiring Strobist and just received my Phottix rig today and just started to play with it using a couple of SB-800s I recently purchased.

Dec 11, 2012 at 06:18 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password