Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Rolleiflex Focusing

douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Rolleiflex Focusing

I have had my F2.8 Rollei cleaned and serviced by Harry Fleenor out in California in September and I preface this because there should be no problem mechanically.
I am having issues focusing on people and filling the frame. For those of you who use or have experience with TLR cameras, do you shift the camera up to focus with split-screen focus point on face and then re-compose as some profess for digital or what technique/s do yo apply?
Thanks for any help you can provide me.
Douglas

Nov 26, 2012 at 01:33 PM
weezintrumpete
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Rolleiflex Focusing

Doug...

I also have a 2.8F and I find that in darker situations, I need to put the subject in the center of the frame in order to focus accurately. Then I recompose and shoot. When using the WLF, I typically use the magnifying glass.

Focusing is typically not a problem for me when the light is sufficient (outdoors during the day).

Hope that helps...

Nov 27, 2012 at 09:16 PM
Two23
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Rolleiflex Focusing

I always use the pop up (pop down?) magnifier in the hood when focussing my Rolleiflex MX.

Kent in SD

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:56 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Rolleiflex Focusing

Thanks Patrick and Kent! I use the magnifier too, but have been reluctant to focus in middle and recompose for portraits.
Douglas

Nov 30, 2012 at 05:51 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password