Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              93      
94
       95              157       158       end
  

RX1(R) Image Thread
  
 
rji2goleez
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.94 #1 · p.94 #1 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Wonderful set Helena! I think my favorite is the children in B&W with the cell phone.


Sep 19, 2013 at 11:56 AM
serhan_
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.94 #2 · p.94 #2 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Musicians in Alexandria, VA:








Sep 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM
HelenaN
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.94 #3 · p.94 #3 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Thank you Bob! It was fun to have a small camera this time. It made me more daring and I took some photos I was too shy to do on the previous visits.


Sep 19, 2013 at 02:11 PM
rji2goleez
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.94 #4 · p.94 #4 · RX1(R) Image Thread


From this morning . . .




  DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/2.0    1/250s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  






  DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/2.0    1/200s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  






  DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/2.0    1/640s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  




Sep 19, 2013 at 05:33 PM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.94 #5 · p.94 #5 · RX1(R) Image Thread


love the tiger shot helena!

i went back to the same spot last night hoping the archer would be there for another shoot when i actually could get out of the car but no luck.

tried some panning though:


















Sep 19, 2013 at 09:19 PM
ebookman
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.94 #6 · p.94 #6 · RX1(R) Image Thread


sebboh -- The panning really worked. I am always looking for a good subject for panning. This is an excellent choice and a great capture. Your final black and white is really strong.



Sep 19, 2013 at 10:03 PM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.94 #7 · p.94 #7 · RX1(R) Image Thread


ebookman wrote:
sebboh -- The panning really worked. I am always looking for a good subject for panning. This is an excellent choice and a great capture. Your final black and white is really strong.


thanks! i think bikers coming down hill offer one of the easiest ways to practice if you can find a place where they're common.

here's a couple more from roughly the same place wide open:










the 2nd one is a stitch.

also, for the first time i wished the rx1 had a longer lens, this a heavy crop of a shot that was actually in landscape orientation:





sf seems to have a number of caped folks running around, but i've never been in a good position to photograph them yet.




Sep 20, 2013 at 07:22 PM
ebookman
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.94 #8 · p.94 #8 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Cascades National Park, Washington 1/250 F/7.1 ISO 100


















Sep 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM
joanlvh
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.94 #9 · p.94 #9 · RX1(R) Image Thread


waiting for new iPhone












Sep 21, 2013 at 06:36 PM
Dpedraza
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.94 #10 · p.94 #10 · RX1(R) Image Thread


joanlvh wrote:
waiting for new iPhone

Lol the local shop here sold out in minutes. I'll buy one around xmas or so.

side note my RX1 finally arrived today.



Sep 21, 2013 at 07:36 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



ebookman
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.94 #11 · p.94 #11 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Today is race day for the 2013 Bellingham Traverse Race.



























Boats ready for the kayak race segment




Sep 21, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Tariq Gibran
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.94 #12 · p.94 #12 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Boys (my) + Hill = Craziness.







Sep 22, 2013 at 03:08 AM
rji2goleez
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.94 #13 · p.94 #13 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Tariq - that's a fun image
Ebookman - nice colorful set!

Some from yesterday in the rural towns along the Minnesota and Wisconsin Mississippi River area.




  DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/4.0    1/80s    640 ISO    0.0 EV  






  DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/8.0    1/160s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  






  DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/3.5    1/100s    1000 ISO    0.0 EV  




Sep 22, 2013 at 05:47 PM
Tariq Gibran
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.94 #14 · p.94 #14 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Thanks Bob. I like your diner shot above a lot.

ebookman - Seeing all of those beautiful Kayaks really makes me want to pull down the one (an NC Kayak from your parts) hanging up in my garage and go for a paddle. Don't know that I will take the RX1 though. I hear the alligators around here really like expensive cameras.



Sep 22, 2013 at 05:55 PM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.94 #15 · p.94 #15 · RX1(R) Image Thread



























last one is a 5 image stitch with some stitching issues in the sky i'll have to work on.




Sep 22, 2013 at 06:06 PM
Jonas B
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.94 #16 · p.94 #16 · RX1(R) Image Thread


sebboh wrote:
last one is a 5 image stitch with some stitching issues in the sky i'll have to work on.


I can see that. May I ask what software you use? I never had those problems with dedicated pano software like PTGui.

EDIT: I like the image four the best (but there are some JPG compression artifacts disturbing the image).



Sep 22, 2013 at 07:10 PM
Tariq Gibran
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.94 #17 · p.94 #17 · RX1(R) Image Thread


That sky issue seems to be caused by the overlap of different densities of tone in the sky (not too surprising given the large differences accross the sky with the sun present). Maybe more shots were needed for a finer overlap?

One possible fix (with a little trial and error) is to individually select the darker streaks, one at a time in PS, feather the selections by a lot (and experiment, it may be 50 pixels or more) and then adjust the mid slider in levels until it blends with the rest of the sky (hide selection to make it easier to see how well it blends). I'm sure there are likely other ways but that's how I would fix it.



Sep 22, 2013 at 07:31 PM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.94 #18 · p.94 #18 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Tariq Gibran wrote:
That sky issue seems to be caused by the overlap of different densities of tone in the sky (not too surprising given the large differences accross the sky with the sun present). Maybe more shots were needed for a finer overlap?


yup, it happens a lot when the sun is in the frame and so low on the horizon. i'm not sure adding more frames would help much. changing the angle of the lens to the sun tends to produce inconsistent polarizing kind of effects.

Tariq Gibran wrote:
One possible fix (with a little trial and error) is to individually select the darker streaks, one at a time in PS, feather the selections by a lot (and experiment, it may be 50 pixels or more) and then adjust the mid slider in levels until it blends with the rest of the sky (hide selection to make it easier to see how well it blends). I'm sure there are likely other ways but that's how I would fix it.


i'll give that a try, thanks.

Jonas B wrote:
I can see that. May I ask what software you use? I never had those problems with dedicated pano software like PTGui.

EDIT: I like the image four the best (but there are some JPG compression artifacts disturbing the image).


i used PS5.

those artifacts are bugging me too. can't remember if they were there at full size, will have to check.




Sep 22, 2013 at 08:48 PM
ebookman
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.94 #19 · p.94 #19 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Its that time of year.
















Sep 22, 2013 at 08:57 PM
Brody LeBlanc
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.94 #20 · p.94 #20 · RX1(R) Image Thread



Curb by brodyl.91, on Flickr


Cigs by brodyl.91, on Flickr



Sep 23, 2013 at 03:24 AM
1       2       3              93      
94
       95              157       158       end




FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              93      
94
       95              157       158       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password