Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              90      
       92              148       149       end

RX1(R) Image Thread

sebboh
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.91 #1 · RX1(R) Image Thread

went to the beach today:

i took a version of the second shot on portra with a 21mm as well that i'm curious to see how it turned out.

Sep 09, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.91 #2 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Curious about that too.. cant say which one is more amazing.

Im more "minimalistic" guy, so probably first for me, but both are ... simply amazing. And with PP matching it.

You are really good..

Sep 10, 2013 at 01:55 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.91 #3 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Mescalamba wrote:
Curious about that too.. cant say which one is more amazing.

Im more "minimalistic" guy, so probably first for me, but both are ... simply amazing. And with PP matching it.

You are really good..

thanks! the first one i'm torn between color and b&w, but the color is a lot more difficult to process so i'm still playing with it.

Sep 10, 2013 at 04:25 AM
ebookman
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.91 #4 · RX1(R) Image Thread

sebboh -- as always, love you black and white

A few shots from the University of British Columbia Japanese garden. Very bright sun. Very deep shade. Lots of surface glare. The RX1 raw files have a huge dynamic range.

Sep 10, 2013 at 06:41 AM
Erik_J
• •
p.91 #5 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Beautiful shots ebookman

Sep 10, 2013 at 07:32 AM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.91 #6 · RX1(R) Image Thread

sebboh wrote:
thanks! the first one i'm torn between color and b&w, but the color is a lot more difficult to process so i'm still playing with it.

I would say BW was right choice. Color might (maybe not) distract from composition and whats important.. Tho, I would like to see color variant too.

Sep 10, 2013 at 06:46 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.91 #7 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Mescalamba wrote:
I would say BW was right choice. Color might (maybe not) distract from composition and whats important.. Tho, I would like to see color variant too.

i was trying to decide whether to make the color version darker than real life with deeper colors or more real with bright mist. there's not all that much color to be distracting, especially with the mist in the realistic one:

certainly not eye gouging color:

Sep 10, 2013 at 07:03 PM
mco_970
• • • • •
p.91 #8 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I like the color version of the beach. The sepia tones in the sand are inviting.

Sep 10, 2013 at 09:14 PM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.91 #9 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I understand why it was hard to decide. Yep, it looks pretty good in color too.. I guess I prefer BW. There isnt anything wrong with colors, just that BW looks more like "art".

Tho I suspect, BW somehow does that with most pics..

RX1 and your PP together have pretty nice colors.. (84/81 SMI on DxOMark.. yea that explains .

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:23 PM
rji2goleez
• • • •
p.91 #10 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I'm torn. I think I would like the B&W better if it were darker or with more contrast maybe? I agree with Michelle regarding the color version and the sand.

Here's an 'almost'. I thought I set the camera to shoot full speed multiple frames but this is the only frame captured. Unfortunately the woman's eyes are closed (no, not Cameron's). I like the conversion nonetheless.

DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/4.0    1/500s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Sep 11, 2013 at 01:37 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

charles.K
• • • •
p.91 #11 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Great shots everyone!
Seboh, definitely prefer the B&W version. The second shot is superb. Love the flow of the lines through the tree and branches!
Bob, brilliant capture!!

Sep 11, 2013 at 05:17 AM
ebookman
• • •
p.91 #12 · RX1(R) Image Thread

These two adjacent mountain peaks are often in the clouds. Today the sky was clear so my wife and I took off with our cameras.

The first peak is Mt Shukson Elevation: 9,131' (2,783 m) - 1/320 F/6.3 ISO 100

The second peak is Mt. Baker Elevation 10,781 ft (3,286 m) - 1/320 F/9 ISO 100

Sep 11, 2013 at 05:52 AM
Chrissearle
• •
p.91 #13 · RX1(R) Image Thread

With RX1 prices softening all the time I'm soo tempted and looking through the wonderful photographs above does nothing to dissuade me from opening my wallet, however, in my more rational moments ( thankfully few) I have to say to myself that I don't see very much above that could not have come from my X100, that is, I don't see very many shots that exemplify the shallow 'DOF look' that the bigger sensor is supposed to be capable of.
Of course looking at web stuff is no substitute for looking a the real OOC files but this doubt is sufficient at present to delay my making that 'buy decision' . So, apart from the occasional shallow DOF shot and bigger/higher res files with maybe better low light abilities, what else can I expect from this nice little camera?

Sep 11, 2013 at 06:59 AM
Jochenb
• • •
p.91 #14 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Chrissearle wrote:
So, apart from the occasional shallow DOF shot and bigger/higher res files with maybe better low light abilities, what else can I expect from this nice little camera?

- Huge dynamic range.
- A very discrete package because of it's appearance and silent leaf shutter.

Sep 11, 2013 at 07:05 AM
alkanphel
• •
p.91 #15 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Fish Market by alkanphel, on Flickr

Sep 11, 2013 at 07:32 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.91 #16 · RX1(R) Image Thread

rji2goleez wrote:
I'm torn. I think I would like the B&W better if it were darker or with more contrast maybe? I agree with Michelle regarding the color version and the sand.

Here's an 'almost'. I thought I set the camera to shoot full speed multiple frames but this is the only frame captured. Unfortunately the woman's eyes are closed (no, not Cameron's). I like the conversion nonetheless.

yeah, i couldn't find a way to boost the contrast/blacks in b&w without destroying the mist effect. the best way i found was to deepen colors, but i wasn't really happy with how that looked.

i really like your last shot. i think the eyes closed look is beneficial, gives her a more meditative look.

ebookman wrote:
These two adjacent mountain peaks are often in the clouds. Today the sky was clear so my wife and I took off with our cameras.

fantastic shots!

my parents were in the area today, and called to tell me how beautiful it was.

Jochenb wrote:
- Huge dynamic range.
- A very discrete package because of it's appearance and silent leaf shutter.

also, when you do want shallow dof at f/2 you can put the subject absolutely anywhere in the frame and expect it to be crisp and contrasty, which isn't really the case with the x100s. in low light you can totally take landscape shots at f/2 with the rx1 as well.

more than anything though, the look at f/2 is very different from the x100 lens. the x100 has more of a classic lower contrast with slightly funky bokeh look while the rx1 crisp and contrasty with a shockingly smooth bokeh.

a few wide open portraits that i think would look very different on the x100(s):

Sep 11, 2013 at 07:36 AM
philip_pj
• • • •
p.91 #17 · RX1(R) Image Thread

At Likir Gompa.

Sep 11, 2013 at 07:47 AM
Chrissearle
• •
p.91 #18 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Thanks! very convincing ( Damn ;-) ) !

Sep 11, 2013 at 11:10 AM
HelenaN
• • •
p.91 #19 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Incredibly busy again, but mostly for nice reasons (lots of trips). A couple of days ago we returned home from a great week in northern Norway and tomorrow I'm off to Oslo. Not enough time for commenting right now, but I have used the Like button.

This and that from the trip up north (lots of decayed stuff which I can never resist - for landscapes I mostly used the Fuji X-E1):

4. Far up north...

7. The country border runs through this lake, so Norway to the left and Russia to the right. The buildings are the border check point, one of the few places where you are allowed to cross, but only with the correct paperwork, of course.

Sep 11, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Jochenb
• • •
p.91 #20 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Very nice Helena. BTW, I like that last one better than the one you posted in the Fuji thread.

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:03 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password