Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              84      
       86              161       162       end

RX1(R) Image Thread

dovey
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.85 #1 · p.85 #1 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I have been going on my regular bushwalks with family and friends again and exploring what I can get from small format cameras. The Merrils are difficult and will require a steep learning curve and I will put these aside till later.
However the Sony RX 1 and the Fujifilm XE 1 are getting a real run at the minute. The Sony is head and shoulders above the XE 1, I am doing my best to give the Fujifilm a good rating, but the Sony is so good that this is difficult.
On this recent walk I had a hoot with the Sony and let the photos show what it is capable of, the dynamic range is outstanding and the detail is amazing. This is the Wombat State Forest, a forest that was ruined by logging and is only slowly recovering. When the first white settlers came through these forests they wrote about the majesty of the forest giants and the wonderful parklike understory. They also wrote about the bizarre trees that kept their leaves in autumn and dropped their bark!

_DSC3470 by doveychicken, on Flickr

_DSC3558 by doveychicken, on Flickr

_DSC3538 by doveychicken, on Flickr

_DSC3501 by doveychicken, on Flickr

_DSC3477 by doveychicken, on Flickr

_DSC3473 by doveychicken, on Flickr

Aug 17, 2013 at 10:20 AM
rji2goleez
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.85 #2 · p.85 #2 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I finally took the RX1 out last night and put it on a tripod for the first time. Some shots of the bridges on the Mississippi in Minneapolis. I'm also starting to link my images from my website rather than direct upload. Still very much a draft in Zenfolio but coming along.

Aug 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Dneufarth
• • •
p.85 #3 · p.85 #3 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Really enjoying this camera. Even heavily cropped the quality of the images is amazing. This image is about 8 of the sensor's 24 megapixels. I am really looking forward to traveling with the RX-1--my first trip will be DC/Baltimore at the end of the month. Last time I was in DC I had about 27 pounds of gear, this time I will have only one pound.

Derek

Aug 17, 2013 at 12:22 PM
teseg

p.85 #4 · p.85 #4 · RX1(R) Image Thread

rji2goleez, I like the night shots.

Boats at Dawn by TE Segletes, on Flickr

Aug 17, 2013 at 01:32 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.85 #5 · p.85 #5 · RX1(R) Image Thread

love the 2 b&w bridge shots bob!

Aug 17, 2013 at 03:56 PM
millsart
• • • •
p.85 #6 · p.85 #6 · RX1(R) Image Thread

If I keep on shooting this RX1 until I find a buyer for it I may just change my mind about selling it....

1 Week old baby calf
[URL=http://imageshack.com/i/0a2zonj/]

Aug 17, 2013 at 04:42 PM
teseg

p.85 #7 · p.85 #7 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Holy Cow! Great shot millsart!

I recently connected with my best friend from high school after 30+ years through Facebook. Turns out he was attending an event 1.5 hours from where I live so met up with him for a few hours. While he has aged (as have I), he remains young at heart.

Young At Heart by TE Segletes, on Flickr

-Tom

Aug 17, 2013 at 09:27 PM
joanlvh
• • •
p.85 #8 · p.85 #8 · RX1(R) Image Thread

RX1

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:48 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.85 #9 · p.85 #9 · RX1(R) Image Thread

graffiti:

Aug 18, 2013 at 04:25 PM
Ronny _Olsson
• • • •
p.85 #10 · p.85 #10 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Great shot Bob
Great set sebboh

Aug 18, 2013 at 06:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mcbroomf
• • • •
p.85 #11 · p.85 #11 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Love that 2nd one ...

Mike

Aug 18, 2013 at 06:44 PM
Jochenb
• • •
p.85 #12 · p.85 #12 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Social snapshot

BTW, a rather funny anecdote:
Recently I was at a wedding (as a guest) and I had my RX1 with me. I shot some photos of the bride when suddenly one of the other guests came over to tell me I could use his camera if I wanted to. I think it was an old Canon 400D with kitlens. "It's better than P&S cameras". I chuckled and just said no thank you I'm fine.
That's exactly one of the reasons why I like the RX1 so much, most people don't have a clue that it's a serious camera he he.

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.85 #13 · p.85 #13 · RX1(R) Image Thread

sebboh

That crow (? guess its crow) photo is amazing.. I really wonder how you managed that. Is that his feather flying away?

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:11 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.85 #14 · p.85 #14 · RX1(R) Image Thread

thanks everybody for the kind words.

Mescalamba wrote:
sebboh

That crow (? guess its crow) photo is amazing.. I really wonder how you managed that. Is that his feather flying away?

thanks! it's actually a raven and scraggly though he was, he wasn't losing feathers as he passed by. that bit behind him is a second more distant raven.

i was on a cliff taking this picture:

when he kinda swooped by, so i just kinda waved the hyperfocally focused camera at him as he passed.

both the ravens and hangliders like to ride the thermal currents around that cliff so i hung around for little a bit hoping one of them would do another near pass. this is as close as any got though:

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:04 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.85 #15 · p.85 #15 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Jochenb wrote:
BTW, a rather funny anecdote:
Recently I was at a wedding (as a guest) and I had my RX1 with me. I shot some photos of the bride when suddenly one of the other guests came over to tell me I could use his camera if I wanted to. I think it was an old Canon 400D with kitlens. "It's better than P&S cameras". I chuckled and just said no thank you I'm fine.
That's exactly one of the reasons why I like the RX1 so much, most people don't have a clue that it's a serious camera he he.
...Show more

nice! periodically when i'm shooting in the city at some big event with a nex or the rx1 i'll have some enthusiastic guy with a rebel or low end nikon come over and tell me how great their dslrs are. i just tell them i like to keep things small. the only time anybody ever actually comments on my camera is when i'm shooting film.

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:11 AM
ebookman
• • •
p.85 #16 · p.85 #16 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Why I love my RX1

Today I was playing around with extreme cropping and thought I would post an example for people considering the RX1.

Original shot

Cropped photo

Aug 19, 2013 at 02:35 AM
jaehoppa
• • •
p.85 #17 · p.85 #17 · RX1(R) Image Thread

i love the color straight from the camera (and of course the bokeh!)

Aug 19, 2013 at 03:21 AM
owyhee
• •
p.85 #18 · p.85 #18 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Bob,
Love your B&W images of the river and bridge. Great work!

Thanks
Aaron

Aug 19, 2013 at 04:15 AM
Jochenb
• • •
p.85 #19 · p.85 #19 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Nice ebookman. That should silence the people that still believe the lens doesn't perform well at infinity.

Aug 19, 2013 at 05:35 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.85 #20 · p.85 #20 · RX1(R) Image Thread

You guys are getting some great images out of this thing, but no excuses I guess ;-)

@sebboh: How are you finding the RX1? Any user tips?

Aug 19, 2013 at 05:37 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password