Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              73      
       75              148       149       end

RX1(R) Image Thread

mirkoc
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.74 #1 · RX1(R) Image Thread

sebboh wrote:
it's kinda hit or miss with peoples faces. up close it often looks quite good, but sometimes can exaggerate circles under the eyes etc. at mid distances it often only gets one or two facial features so things turn out rather picassoesque. at longer distances it's great (millsart posted a few night ones with people a few pages back) and abstract. nobody is recognizable.

In general, it seems to work best with photos with greater DOF.

Jul 18, 2013 at 07:49 AM
philip_pj
• • • •
p.74 #2 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I shot some murals in very low light, here are two.

Jul 18, 2013 at 08:00 AM
HelenaN
• • •
p.74 #3 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Another from the evening walk with the great light:

Barn with a view by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM
rji2goleez
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.74 #4 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Helena and Philip - Lovely images from both!

Some black and white landscapes from this morning.

© Bob Israel 2013

DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/8.0    1/250s    100 ISO    -0.7 EV  

© Bob Israel 2013

DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/8.0    1/400s    100 ISO    +0.7 EV  

Jul 18, 2013 at 03:23 PM
HelenaN
• • •
p.74 #5 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Thank you Bob!

Those are beautiful! Great sky, reflections and tones. Must have been nice to be there.

Jul 18, 2013 at 04:28 PM
Thyraz

p.74 #6 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Yep, great reflection in the water on the first one.

Tiny little bar in Berlin:

Tiny Bar

Jul 18, 2013 at 05:37 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.74 #7 · RX1(R) Image Thread

HelenaN wrote:
sebboh, fascinating tree photos (p.72 #9). They look great in B&W, and almost a bit spooky. Like they could have reached out and grabbed you. And what a scene with the raccoons! Hope I'll get to see one in real life some day.

I had some errands in town today and brought RX1. Here are some shots (first one is inspired by sebboh ). It was fun to photograph something other than landscapes for a change:

great city shots! really like the escalator and walker. that pigeon in the center looks quite gluttonous!

regarding the raccoons, they're pretty common in almost any american city. they've adapted quite well to living off our trash. most are rather skittish, but the ones in golden gate park are used to being fed by park goers will generally let you get quite close before running away. i have to be careful with my daughter, she has often expressed the wish to try and give them hugs.

i tried a true low light test a couple days ago at f/2 and iso 25600:

things look quite grainy, but detail and color are surprisingly good

and a couple random shots:

Jul 18, 2013 at 07:36 PM
millsart
• • • •
p.74 #8 · RX1(R) Image Thread

This is one thing I've found nice about the RX1 high ISO, its not so much that less grainy than other cameras (especially if you keep NR turned off like I do) but the color stays pretty accurate and also fairly well saturated.

Jul 18, 2013 at 07:59 PM
rji2goleez
• • • •
p.74 #9 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Thanks for the comments on the B&Ws. Here are a couple from this morning in color.

© Bob Israel 2013

DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/9.0    1/2000s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/10.0    1/2000s    100 ISO    -0.7 EV  

Jul 18, 2013 at 08:12 PM
philip_pj
• • • •
p.74 #10 · RX1(R) Image Thread

..and the files still let you get what you want; and images are mostly impervious to poor light sources. You still get this sense that the camera is on your side, trying to help you. So you can keep shooting to see how the RX1 'sees the scene'.

Jul 19, 2013 at 01:48 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

sebboh
• • • • • •
p.74 #11 · RX1(R) Image Thread

got to take a nice walk through the forest today on the way to work:

Jul 19, 2013 at 09:14 AM
twoeye
• •
p.74 #12 · RX1(R) Image Thread

As always too many good shots to comment on, but on the last pages I think Helena and Sebboh stands out with lots of consistently good images, of Helenas images I think the urban set stands out even if the Ustĺsen landscapes are also very good with dramatic skies and light. Sebbohs distinct style seems to work well with the RX1, I particularly like the eucalyptus trees, even if the urban stuff is also very good, for instance the council/ no parking shot above.

Some holiday postcards from southern France from me:

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:54 PM
rodizzle33
• •
p.74 #13 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Being automotive shooter, I wanted to see how the RX1 one will do in that setting. I think it did quite well! The leaf shutter helped with the strobes. I was even able to catch some on the street in poor lighting an high ISO

Kevin's 240z by rodknee_ty2003, on Flickr

Jul 19, 2013 at 05:34 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.74 #14 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Bob...you have done what I didn't think was possible...pulled so much out of the trees on that second image that I can see color noise. Really like the rays coming out on that first shot

rodknee...awesome shots of the 240Z. How were you able to get the road to yourself on the first shot?

Jul 19, 2013 at 06:03 PM
teseg

p.74 #15 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Not sure if the RX1 gets better with age or the photographers are beginning to master its ability but these are all special shots.

Here are some handhelds with arms fully extended above my head to reach over the cheering crowds. Who needs a zoom when you have the RX1?

Buzzed in Bogotá by TE Segletes, on Flickr

Buzzed in Bogotá 2 by TE Segletes, on Flickr

Jul 19, 2013 at 06:36 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.74 #16 · RX1(R) Image Thread

wow! how much of a crop is that last one teseg? that is an awesome catch, especially with a 35mm.

thanks twoeye, great family shots!

love the first z shot rodizzle!

a picture of my daughter enjoying a san francisco summer:

and one more eucalyptus tree, this time infested with ferns:

Jul 19, 2013 at 06:43 PM
teseg

p.74 #17 · RX1(R) Image Thread

sebboh, I really like the clarity and sharpness of your shots. But the lighting, fog and balance of the last one are exceptional.

Yes, the close-up of the plane is a bit cropped... from 6000x4000 to 1366x1366... ~92% crop... can't do much in the way of printing with it, but is fun to share on-line.

Jul 19, 2013 at 08:08 PM
Jeff Kott
• • •
p.74 #18 · RX1(R) Image Thread

teseg wrote:
sebboh, I really like the clarity and sharpness of your shots. But the lighting, fog and balance of the last one are exceptional.

Yes, it appears the loss of the Nex Image Thread is the gain of the RX1 Image Thread.

Jul 19, 2013 at 08:27 PM
rodizzle33
• •
p.74 #19 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Thanks. The shot was done after hours in an industrial area so cars were not running through the streets.I also set up strobes.

Jul 19, 2013 at 09:00 PM
HelenaN
• • •
p.74 #20 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Wow, this thread is moving very fast now. Nice!

sebboh, really like the "council" photo, and even more so the one of your daughter and the latest tree shot. Beautiful!

Bob, you seem to have lots of lovely sunset where you are. Lucky you.

twoeye, thank you! Really nice set from your vacation! You managed to capture the holiday spirit.

rsolti13 wrote:
Bob...you have done what I didn't think was possible...pulled so much out of the trees on that second image that I can see color noise. Really like the rays coming out on that first shot

Yes, this surprised me a bit too, and reminds me of something that I have been meaning to bring up. A while back I took shots in a tunnel with both RX1 and Fuji X-E1. They looked very similar out of the camera, so I processed them exactly the same, which included a lot of shadow lifting. To my big surprise the Sony shot showed a lot of color noise while the Fuji had almost none (just monochrome or whatever it is called). ISO was 400 for RX1 and 500 for X-E1. I think I'll have to do a controlled test soon.

Jul 19, 2013 at 09:03 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password