FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              68      
       70              356       357       end

Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

rodizzle33
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.69 #1 · p.69 #1 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

The more I edit the raw files from this camera the more excited I get knowing that my D800 can be left at home!

DSC00081 by rodknee_ty2003, on Flickr

Jul 13, 2013 at 01:08 PM
davewolfs
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.69 #2 · p.69 #2 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Can't take it anymore. I'm sold.

Jul 13, 2013 at 03:34 PM
philip_pj
• • • • •
p.69 #3 · p.69 #3 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

sebboh, I got a couple of spare genuine Sony batteries, came with a neat click container, cheap, you might find you need a few ;-) It's very easy to keep shooting, nice work with the birds in trying light.

Jul 13, 2013 at 05:00 PM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
p.69 #4 · p.69 #4 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Sebboh: I got these and it includes a real charger . . . charges the sony OEM battery as well. So far, these have performed well!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008O6R5ZK/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jul 13, 2013 at 06:19 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.69 #5 · p.69 #5 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

thanks guys. i ordered the batteries and charger.

a couple more pics:

millsart wrote:
Agree, far from a nice "birding camera" which really makes those shots that much more impressive because they are quite nice.

The tilt feature of the EVF should prove so useful for you that within just a few moments of using it you will forgot any thoughts of wishing it was built in.

I use it side by side with my Fuji XE-1 a lot and while the built in on that camera is nice, I so miss the ability to rotate it it up. I pretty much always have the EVF flipped up about 45 dgree's and find it such
...Show more

thanks! i'll definitely be getting the evf, i'm making myself wait till i've managed to sell off some of my extraneous gear first though. i keep trying to bring the camera to my eye even though there's no evf on it which is pretty annoying. i've used the tilt evf on a NEX-5N a fair bit and really like the tilt feature in use but am not fond of the amount it sticks up on the camera when i pull it in/out of my pocket/bag. having set the rx-1 next to my nex-7 now, they really are almost the exact same size:

i definitely would have preferred the flash gone replaced by a corner evf.

oh, well. somehow i'll manage to carry on and take silly bird pics:

Jul 13, 2013 at 07:59 PM
alkanphel
• •
p.69 #6 · p.69 #6 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Bamboo & Shadows by alkanphel, on Flickr

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:17 PM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
p.69 #7 · p.69 #7 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Sebboh, Alkanphel - beautiful images from both of you!

Some random shots from today . . .

© Bob Israel 2013

© Bob Israel 2013

© Bob Israel 2013

© Bob Israel 2013

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Greggf
• • • •
p.69 #8 · p.69 #8 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Nice shots above, Sebboh, Alkanphel, and of course Bob!! I'm really missing the RX1! I picked up a EOS M yesterday from Amazon with the 2/22mm, hoping to(maybe!) fill that hole! It sorta does, but I really miss the full frame,and, get this....taking candid shots with Sony's facial recognition is unparalleled!!! Being a cybershot, it has all the bells and whistles of a PS, with a big(fantastic!!) sensor!! I'll let you know how the M works out!!
Gregg

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:51 PM
philip_pj
• • • • •
p.69 #9 · p.69 #9 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Here are two.

Jul 14, 2013 at 01:47 AM
HelenaN
• • • •
p.69 #10 · p.69 #10 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Bob, both recent sets are really nice, especially the sunflower in post p.70 #1 and the third shot in p.70 #11!
sebboh, all are good, but I love the pigeon shot.

Went for a walk last night and came across this old truck:

Misplaced military truck by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Jul 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

TMaG82
• • • •
p.69 #11 · p.69 #11 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

I've had my RX1 for a few weeks now, still haven't had time to do any PP yet. Having a newborn will start to take away from any extra time to do anything photo wise. By the time I get home from work and finish eating dinner, it feels like it's time for bed. Gotta listen to the new boss it seems. In bed by 9, up at 4.

I do appreciate the RX1's jpeg that come out of camera and I'm having fun using the different creative styles as well. All my worries about the handling have been taken away by the usage of my Crumpler sling strap without the strap so it makes for a nice hand strap.

Here are my contributions to the pictures. Doesn't hold a candle to what some others are posting but with time to really learn the camera and do some PP I'm sure my additions will improve.

Jul 14, 2013 at 11:39 AM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.69 #12 · p.69 #12 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Congrats Sebboh! You finally got one. Hope you like, I'm sure you will when you get the EVF. Just used mine on some hikes in RMNP in Colorado and it performed well and saved me a lot of extra weight at over than 9, 475 ft.

Jul 14, 2013 at 01:22 PM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.69 #13 · p.69 #13 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

wayne seltzer wrote:
Congrats Sebboh! You finally got one. Hope you like, I'm sure you will when you get the EVF. Just used mine on some hikes in RMNP in Colorado and it performed well and saved me a lot of extra weight at over than 9, 475 ft.

Wayne,

Where did you go in RMNP? The RX1 is certainly smaller and lighter than the Linhof Technikardan 45S that I hiked around with in 1996.

Rich

Jul 14, 2013 at 01:26 PM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.69 #14 · p.69 #14 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Awesome shots sebboh, bob, helenan...

Certainly fully using this camera to it's potential.

Jul 14, 2013 at 01:37 PM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.69 #15 · p.69 #15 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

naturephoto1 wrote:
Wayne,

Where did you go in RMNP? The RX1 is certainly smaller and lighter than the Linhof Technikardan 45S that I hiked around with in 1996.

Rich

Rich,

It was the last day of a business trip before we flew out on the last flight out of Denver. We did the very popular Bear lake and Emerald lake hike and just got it in as thunder and rain moved in. Bear lake road was under major rework and it took a long time by shuttle bus to get there and back. Beautiful park and hope to get back there on a real photography trip. You must have some great shots with the Linhof!

Jul 14, 2013 at 02:02 PM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.69 #16 · p.69 #16 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

wayne seltzer wrote:
Rich,

It was the last day of a business trip before we flew out on the last flight out of Denver. We did the very popular Bear lake and Emerald lake hike and just got it in as thunder and rain moved in. Bear lake road was under major rework and it took a long time by shuttle bus to get there and back. Beautiful park and hope to get back there on a real photography trip. You must have some great shots with the Linhof!

Wayne,

Yes, it is a beautiful NP and worth the return. I have been there several times. Yes, I have some beautiful transparencies that I took with the Linhof. Several have been excellent (and 1 or 2 in particular) selling images.

Rich

Jul 14, 2013 at 02:07 PM
P.F.
• •
p.69 #17 · p.69 #17 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Jul 14, 2013 at 03:09 PM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
p.69 #18 · p.69 #18 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

P.F. - you can feel the texture in that shot.

Sunset from Northern Wisconsin

© Bob Israel 2013

Jul 14, 2013 at 08:50 PM
Greggf
• • • •
p.69 #19 · p.69 #19 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Beautiful Bob!
Gregg

Jul 14, 2013 at 08:58 PM
alkanphel
• •
p.69 #20 · p.69 #20 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Nice sunset shot Bob!

Jul 14, 2013 at 09:32 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.