Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              66      
       68              147       148       end

RX1(R) Image Thread

rsolti13
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.67 #1 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Bob, sunsets look fantastic!
Joe, once I went to the Gordy strap on the RX1 my ergonomics complaints went out the window

few from around town

Jul 08, 2013 at 12:51 PM
bpark42
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.67 #2 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Haven't been shooting much lately, but got out for a while yesterday...

Untitled by bpark_42, on Flickr

Jul 09, 2013 at 03:41 AM
HelenaN
• • •
p.67 #3 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Super busy lately and photos are piling up again, but I wanted to stop by and say hello. Great work in here as always!

-rsolti13, I like almost everything you post. Both subjects, composition and post processing.
-The same can be said about Jochen's street portraits. Beautifully done!
-I also really like Jgreene11's photo of the little boy.
-Bob, beautiful sunset series!
-bpark42 great summer feeling to that one and nice color tones.

Like I said before I became enamored with the Fuji X-E1, but I think that I'm starting to find my way back to RX1 again now. Fortunately I don't have to choose - they should complement each other really well - and I can't wait to go traveling somewhere.

Two shots, but they are so different that I put them in separate posts (and no, I wasn't driving ):

Another road tunnel by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Edited on Jul 09, 2013 at 09:10 AM · View previous versions

Jul 09, 2013 at 08:56 AM
HelenaN
• • •
p.67 #4 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Tufted vetch by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Jul 09, 2013 at 08:56 AM
rji2goleez
• • • •
p.67 #5 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Great images on this page . . . good to see this thread pick up some steam again. Here are some random black and whites converted using Silver Efex Pro 2

Bob Israel 2013

DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/2.0    1/320s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Bob Israel 2013

DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/4.5    1/80s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Bob Israel 2013

DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/5.0    1/80s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Bob Israel 2013

DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/7.1    1/125s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jul 09, 2013 at 10:40 AM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.67 #6 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Bob, love the B/W
Helena, great shot from in the car

Jul 09, 2013 at 11:56 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.67 #7 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Ryan, are those from Savannah GA? Beautiful.
Helena, nice tunnel and tufted vetch shots! Had been enjoying your earlier pics but did not have a chance to comment. Didn't realize you bought a XE-1? How do you find the files compared to the Canon 5D?
Bob, excellent B&W!

----
Trying to use my RX1 again, still enjoying it very much.

Went for a short walk with my 3 year old son yesterday evening.

Back home in our backyard

Jul 09, 2013 at 03:28 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.67 #8 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Joe, number 3 shows the beauty of the Sonnar, very nice! Yes, all shots lately from Savannah

Jul 09, 2013 at 03:59 PM
HelenaN
• • •
p.67 #9 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Very nice sets from you all Bob, Ryan and Joe!

joe88 wrote:
Helena, nice tunnel and tufted vetch shots! Had been enjoying your earlier pics but did not have a chance to comment. Didn't realize you bought a XE-1? How do you find the files compared to the Canon 5D?

Thank you! I have seen and appreciated your "likes" (and others' too, thank you all!) .

I got the Fuji a few weeks ago to replace what's left of my Canon gear, and so far I'm very happy with it. It has exceeded my expectations and it's fun to have access to other focal lengths again.

5D was good enough for me except that I wanted more DR and a smaller camera. I can see that RX1's files are technically superior, but really like what comes out of the X-E1. Usually great colors and a nice tonality and clarity.

If I would rate the sensors (I'm just making these numbers up and it's just my opinion of course) and RX1 is "15" I'd put 5D at 10 and X-E1 at 12.5 or 13.

Compared to 5D the Fuji has more DR. Lifting the shadows on the Canon shows noise which is often colorful and patterned, but on X-E1 that's no problem. Overall the amount of noise seems similar, but on the Fuji it's almost monochrome and not patterned, so much less disturbing. I also like Fuji's colors better. In fact, I sometimes even prefer them over RX1's colors.

Jul 09, 2013 at 04:41 PM
mortyb
• • •
p.67 #10 · RX1(R) Image Thread

HelenaN wrote:
I can see that RX1's files are technically superior, but really like what comes out of the X-E1. Usually great colors and a nice tonality and clarity. (...) I also like Fuji's colors better. In fact, I sometimes even prefer them over RX1's colors.

*cough*

Jul 09, 2013 at 07:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

joe88
• • • •
p.67 #11 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Thanks Ryan and Helena!

Helena, thanks for the info on your Fuji XE1. I always liked shooting Fuji film and also like they way their X series cameras are designed with the aperture and shutter speed dials. I'll probably wait out on the X Pro-2 before deciding to experiment on this system, although the X100s keeps tempting me all the time. Sometimes its not about the ultimate IQ but the fun factor.

Jul 09, 2013 at 08:49 PM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.67 #12 · RX1(R) Image Thread

joe88 wrote:
Thanks Ryan and Helena!

Helena, thanks for the info on your Fuji XE1. I always liked shooting Fuji film and also like they way their X series cameras are designed with the aperture and shutter speed dials. I'll probably wait out on the X Pro-2 before deciding to experiment on this system, although the X100s keeps tempting me all the time. Sometimes its not about the ultimate IQ but the fun factor.

Since I've got both the X100s and RX1 sitting right here, I can tell you that the X100s isn't any more fun, at least for me, so the IQ tips the scales quite a bit. The Fuji colors thing is basically just a matter of raw converter profiling, unless we're only talking jpegs, and I think the X-trans files sometimes look weird (for lack of a better term) at larger sizes. Of course, I say this despite my favorite pic on the entire alt. forum being taken by Helena and her X-E1. Capable photographers certainly transcend gear.

Jul 09, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Jochenb
• • •
p.67 #13 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I don't really feel like talking about it again (that's why I'll keep this message short), but this all just shows how our personal preferences and taste can vary.
I also owned the X-E1 and the RX1 files keep impressing me more.

Jul 09, 2013 at 11:12 PM
bpark42
• • •
p.67 #14 · RX1(R) Image Thread

HelenaN wrote:
-bpark42 great summer feeling to that one and nice color tones.

Thanks, Helena. I like the tunnel image.

Some more summer color:

Untitled by bpark_42, on Flickr

-Brandon

Jul 10, 2013 at 12:12 AM
dovey

p.67 #15 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I also have both the RX1 and the XE-1, the RX1 has it all over the Fuji in all respects, except for the ability to change lenses.
The colour and resolution is better than it should be, continues to amaze me. The resolution is on par with Sigma Merril cameras but the colour is so much better.
When Sony comes out with other RX cameras, I hope they offer different focal lengths, that is all I will be looking for

Jul 10, 2013 at 01:35 AM
philip_pj
• • • •
p.67 #16 · RX1(R) Image Thread

RX1 is a game changer, anything expensive has to compare from now on. Seeing the files is believing. dovey, what FL are you interested in most, for an 'RX2'? I figure an 80-85mm f2.

Jul 10, 2013 at 01:54 AM
millsart
• • • •
p.67 #17 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Was heading out for a walk in the woods and basically only got one shot off before it started raining. Having a dedicated EC dial is such a great feature as I was able to quickly play around with some underexposure to capture the beams of daylight hitting the trail. RX1 certainly isn't the only camera (nor the first) to feature an EC dial, but I really enjoy being able to quickly over/underexpose a shot for creative effect and being able to see the real time result in the EVF

Jul 10, 2013 at 02:06 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.67 #18 · RX1(R) Image Thread

philip_pj wrote:
RX1 is a game changer, anything expensive has to compare from now on. Seeing the files is believing. dovey, what FL are you interested in most, for an 'RX2'? I figure an 80-85mm f2.

+10 The RX1 has turned my thinking around, to the point, that I will swap the RX1 for the RX1R, before upgrading the M9P to the M240 now. In fact Leica distribution in Australia has been slow, and has allowed some time to think, and other than the ergonomics, there is no real advantage in high ISO's compared to the RX1. My favorite FL is 50, and if the RX1R came out in the Zeiss 50 f/2 Sonnar, I would be on a waiting list. Of course I am assuming the 50 f/2.0 would be of the same caliber as Zeiss 35/2 Sonnar.

Wonderful shots everyone!!!
Helena, loving all your shots! Also I am enjoying your shots with the Fuji too
Ryan, excellent shots!
Bob, wonderful series!
Joe, just loving the rendering with the Sonnar!!

Millsart, wonderful shot! This is the color and depth that I love with RX1 sensor.

Jul 10, 2013 at 02:09 AM
dovey

p.67 #19 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I agree with you Phillip, an 80+ would be wonderful. Great for portraits and able to stitch for wider formats. The real magic is the combination of a very high DR sensor plus a bespoke lens.

Jul 10, 2013 at 03:00 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.67 #20 · RX1(R) Image Thread

dovey wrote:
I agree with you Phillip, an 80+ would be wonderful. Great for portraits and able to stitch for wider formats. The real magic is the combination of a very high DR sensor plus a bespoke lens.

i'd rather a 75/2 to keep things shorter both physically and focal length wise. 35mm and 75mm are my favorite focal lengths and i really don't need anything else. i doubt such a camera is in the cards though due to the smaller market. i can probably get by with a NEX-7 + 50 lux asph or NEX-9 plus 75 summarit though.

Jul 10, 2013 at 03:25 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password