Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              51      
       53              136       137       end

RX1(R) Image Thread

rsolti13
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.52 #1 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Gregg, really like #2

Really enjoying this camera. IQ is unreal from something so small

May 21, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Greggf
• • •
p.52 #2 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Nice shots Ryan.
I have to admit, though, as much as I'm liking the camera, it does have a weak spot! Shooting in bright daylight hours is hard on the camera! I'm not sure if it's me, but the 1/2000th top shutter speed, even at iso 50, makes these(bright daylight) shots trying. Having a 6yr and 1 1/2 yrs old boys limits my photography to these times(at least while I'm out!).
Is it possible to get a faster shutter speed??
Gregg

May 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM
rji2goleez
• • • •
p.52 #3 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I've been really enjoying my RX1 as the image quality is just incredible for any camera. However, I have a dust spot on my sensor in the upper left portion of the frame . . . right where the sky would be. Today, I sent it to Sony's repair center presumably under warranty. We will see how they respond. Of course, I had to pay for the shipping to get it there and make sure I had the camera insured. It will arrive in Laredo, TX Thursday. I'm hoping for a quick turnaround . . .

May 22, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Greggf
• • •
p.52 #4 · RX1(R) Image Thread

In between DR appointments today, went to the harbor to take a few shots.
Gregg

f2.2@ ISO 50

f5.6@ ISO 50, raw-Silver Efex2

f5.6 in camera .jpg, Silver Efex2

May 22, 2013 at 12:05 AM
philip_pj
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.52 #5 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Gregg, Ron Scheffler and a few others commented on this s/speed issue, at the time I thought it would not be a problem. Wrong again, on my part!

You need an ND filter (or a pola) and as you have no doubt found the sensor is as good at ISO 50 as at 100 - little better actually. Or develop a liking for f2.8 and smaller, in my tests it is handled by one stop (one LV).

May 22, 2013 at 01:12 AM
Greggf
• • •
p.52 #6 · RX1(R) Image Thread

^^^^Thanks Philip. Since I've only rented the RX1 from Roger for a total of 12 days(1D4 is at Canon for a CLA), I going to hold off on buying anything for it...but, if I find I like it too much much, then I will def invest in good accessories!
So far, it size and image quality are unbeatable, though, but the price is still a bit steep, and I think my wife would beat me senseless!! if I purchased something this expensive!!
Thanks for the input,
GRegg

May 22, 2013 at 01:49 AM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.52 #7 · RX1(R) Image Thread

images are real easy to work with.....

May 22, 2013 at 12:44 PM
twoeye
• •
p.52 #8 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Lots of great images from all of you, some of my favorites from the last pages are:

Helena - the constitution day shot is really enjoyable.
Ryan - the flower with the fountain behind it on the previous page has a great lightness to it and beautiful OOF rendering. Last one above is great as well.
Gregg - All the family shots on previous page are favorites! I hope to use the RX1 a lot for similar stuff.
Bob - great images form Yosemite, #2 and #3 in the second batch are my favorites with beautiful light.

I had to join the party at some point, and two weeks ago I found an offer for a second-hand RX1 with EVF and thumb grip at a reasonable price that I couldn´t resist.

Impressions so far:

The camera is great fun to use and so easy to take along on any occasion. It handles quite well despite the small size, AF is fast enough for most subjects and accurate, but struggles a bit in backlit/ lowlight situations.

The lens is contrasty and sharp already from wide open. OOF rendering is maybe a bit too smooth for my liking, I might need some time to learn to use it to my advantage. Lots of good samples in this thread!

Coming from a 5DMkII the sensor is really superb, great dynamic range with highlights/ shadows that recover really well and great colors and tonality.

May 22, 2013 at 08:30 PM
Greggf
• • •
p.52 #9 · RX1(R) Image Thread

^^^^ I really like those shots Twoeye!! Especially the last one! I don't understand how some people take pics of the most mundane things...And make them look fantastic!! I take pics like that, and I just don't like them...but when someone else does, they're really great!!
Gregg

May 22, 2013 at 09:03 PM
rji2goleez
• • • •
p.52 #10 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Great images from the camera and its operators! Here's the last few before I sent my RX1 in to Sony to have sensor dust removed.

© Bob Israel 2013

DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/4.0    1/80s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  

© Bob Israel 2013

DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/2.0    1/80s    160 ISO    0.0 EV  

© Bob Israel 2013

DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/2.0    1/80s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

© Bob Israel 2013

DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/2.0    1/200s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

© Bob Israel 2013

DSC-RX1    35mm F2.0 lens    35mm    f/2.0    1/160s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

May 22, 2013 at 09:05 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Greggf
• • •
p.52 #11 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Just a couple more...
Thanks for looking
Gregg

f2.2 raw through Silver Efex2

Macro at f2

Gio @ f2, .jpg and PP LR5 beta

May 22, 2013 at 09:07 PM
Greggf
• • •
p.52 #12 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Bob...really like the first...incredible detail! This lens is incredibly sharp at f4...maybe not as sharp as my Sigma 35 @f4, but damn close!!!
Gregg

May 22, 2013 at 09:13 PM
rji2goleez
• • • •
p.52 #13 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Gregg - I agree! I like the sharpness wide open as well . . . not quite as sharp as a Zeiss makro-planar 50/100 @ f/2 but damn good. Unfortunately, now I sit and wait for my RX1 to return.

May 22, 2013 at 09:15 PM
Greggf
• • •
p.52 #14 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Bob...at least yours will come back! I've only got mine for another week, before I have to send it back to Roger!!

May 22, 2013 at 09:16 PM
rji2goleez
• • • •
p.52 #15 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Buy one! I'm good at spending other people's money!

May 22, 2013 at 09:17 PM
Greggf
• • •
p.52 #16 · RX1(R) Image Thread

My wife would shoot me...literally!! She has all kind of plans for the house this summer...new front deck, trip to San Diego, both my boys are growing out of their clothes at a phenomenal rate(requiring more money!)....those are the first things that come to mind!! I was lucky enough to get my 1D4 when I turned 40, I don't think she'd be that forgiving if I bought one!!!
Gregg

May 22, 2013 at 09:22 PM
teseg

p.52 #17 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Really fantastic images by all here. If you like exceptional image quality and having fun during the act of photographing, not sure how you cannot get the RX1, although I deeply respect those who defer the opportunity to be fiscally responsible.

I was on a scout trip this weekend and snuck out of the tent early while the kids were still sleeping. It is amazing how versatile this limiting little camera is.

Migisi Opawgan by TE Segletes, on Flickr

Path Well Travelled by TE Segletes, on Flickr

Pasture by TE Segletes, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

-Tom

May 22, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Greggf
• • •
p.52 #18 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Tom...I really like the first! It's almost as if the water is standing still. And second with your dof, leads you up the path. Very nice,
Gregg

May 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM
teseg

p.52 #19 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Thanks Gregg. Toying around with my 10 stop ND filter in #1.

May 23, 2013 at 01:19 AM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.52 #20 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Tom, really like the first shot, very nice!

May 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password