Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              29      
       31              149       150       end

RX1(R) Image Thread

joe88
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.30 #1 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Thanks Jochen, Charles, Helena

Joan, nice shot of the trees and clouds.

Feb 12, 2013 at 08:50 PM
philip_pj
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.30 #2 · RX1(R) Image Thread

'as the camera is small and so quiet that it gets out of the way, even more so than a Leica M.' An astute observation; I agree, and add that this may be, as yet, a largely unrecognised but major use of this versatile camera. The immediacy of these (very good) images is palpable, as no one reacted to the quiet little camera. It means you can take quite different photographs.

Feb 12, 2013 at 09:06 PM
dovey

p.30 #3 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Some more photos from Bangalore.
I cannot recommend this camera enough as a travel camera. It is silent, unobtrusive and does not make you look like a "photographer", you look harmless and nonthreatening.
I now have the veiwfinder but took all of these photos without one, and with no experience with this camera. I had it for a few days and essentially no photos prior to leaving. I got back to find that I had gems on my hand that I did not expect, so much more than I would have taken with the 5D2 and L lenses.

Street1 by doveychicken, on Flickr

Street1.100 by doveychicken, on Flickr

Coffee2-2 by doveychicken, on Flickr

Coffee2 by doveychicken, on Flickr

Temple8 by doveychicken, on Flickr

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:09 PM
joanlvh
• • •
p.30 #4 · RX1(R) Image Thread

thanks Joe88, glad Boston survived the great snowstorm last wkend.
I really like the images from Bangalore

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:13 AM
HelenaN
• • •
p.30 #5 · RX1(R) Image Thread

dovey those are really nice! Now I want to go to India. Glad you are happy with the results. I wish RX1 had existed when we were in Cuba last year. My Canon gear did fine and I can't say the weight bothered me much (I brought two lenses and only carried one at a time), but the Sony would have been so much nicer.

Feb 13, 2013 at 09:51 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.30 #6 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Joan, nice evening shot
Dovey, very nice series of images from Bangalore. My favourite is the last portrait

Shots from Saturday night dinner. I am loving the ease of use of the RX1 for casual and family shoots

Edited on Feb 13, 2013 at 11:58 AM · View previous versions

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:20 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.30 #7 · RX1(R) Image Thread

awesome Charles! the colors and rendering really excels on this rx1

Phil

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:41 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.30 #8 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Phil, thank you, much appreciated

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Jochenb
• • •
p.30 #9 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Nice Dovey. India is a very photogenic country.
Charles, indeed nice colors.

Wide open, very sharp.

Edited on Feb 14, 2013 at 08:15 AM · View previous versions

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:04 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.30 #10 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Dovey, very nice set from Bangalore - agree with all your points of it being silent and unobtrusive.
Charles, very nice set. The scallops looks tasty as well!
Jochen, very nice framing and composition of the tree.

I took a few snap shots in between my meetings. The camera is well suited for traveling light.

Feb 14, 2013 at 04:24 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.30 #11 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Very nice pics Dovey and Charles. I also love pics of India. It's been two years since I have been there last and the next visit will likely be Kerala. Keep them coming!

Edited on Feb 14, 2013 at 09:02 PM · View previous versions

Feb 14, 2013 at 04:50 AM
VladiD
• • •
p.30 #12 · RX1(R) Image Thread

SOOC B/W

Feb 14, 2013 at 05:46 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.30 #13 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Nice!^^^

Feb 14, 2013 at 06:46 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.30 #14 · RX1(R) Image Thread

love 1 and 3!

Feb 14, 2013 at 07:19 AM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.30 #15 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Interesting . I'm site it was deliberate but I don't personally like the framing for two and three. They are nice shots and I find it distracting. Missing half a head and feet. A random nose poking in, and a bit too tight on top of the head.

If those were cropped in post can you post a version without the crop?

Interesting idea and shots, but they don't work for me, it's all personal taste and those are just my thoughts. My apologies if you weren't looking for feedback.

Feb 14, 2013 at 08:38 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.30 #16 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Jochen, Joe and Gary, thank you
Joe, very nice evening captures!
Vlad, superb set of images! Love the tonality of #1 of 2, and composition of 3

Feb 14, 2013 at 09:45 AM
VladiD
• • •
p.30 #17 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Thanks to all.

h00ligan, appreciate your feedback. Like I said, the images were SOOC and merely resized, not cropped. I guess the image is stronger if you appreciate the scene and its people (that you can't relate to unless you work in fashion).

I used the RX1 exclusively as my backstage camera and managed to get some pretty neat candids. Needless to say it drew a lot of curious looks and questions from other photographers who were curious (and I had taped over the Sony label and model number). There were only a few situations in which the AF failed me, otherwise the facial recognition worked like a charm and locked on perfectly. Even at F/2 the Zeiss is sharp and draws beautifully.

Feb 14, 2013 at 08:46 PM
philip_pj
• • • •
p.30 #18 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I am no fashionista but here is a take on the last image of the set:
the walkway and the left side line of spectators establish the leading line that anchors the image and establishes context, along with the chandeliers and billowy drapes.

The woman and her white dress bisects the image vertically, gives it strength and forming the main point of interest, reinforced by the two main onlookers staring at her, or past her. The photo draws attention to the sheer artificiality of the event, characterised by boredom - whether feigned or real - on the faces of all participants. The lean on the woman adds interest and dynamism. The image has depth and well-established context, and my favourite person is the blonde in black garb at the far end of the runway.

So it says much more than what is missing, I believe, and in fact you see the main woman's face and expression clearly, and not seeing her feet adds to the surreal nature of the shot. I also am willing to bet the dude nursing the DSLR would like to use an RX1...

Feb 14, 2013 at 09:02 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.30 #19 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Actually #3 is the best of the batch to me. Not just nice but Incredible!

Feb 14, 2013 at 09:04 PM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.30 #20 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Vladi, outstanding set! Very nice portraits in the first two shots but the last is my favorite. Looks like a scene out of "Pret A Porter" . The three characters on the left, especially the one with the sunglasses really make the shot for me. The glam of the chandeliers and the curtains are rendered well in classic B&W. Also like the low POV which makes the tall runway model look even more like a giraffe.
Charles, like the color version of the Spanish guitarist too but like the B&W version the best still.
Dovey, great portraits and street shots from Bangalore!
Joe, nice set ofimages from Vegas strip.

Feb 14, 2013 at 09:58 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password