Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              26      
       28              147       148       end

RX1(R) Image Thread

Julio Marcos
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.27 #1 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Unfortunaly no crop modes. Well, there is 16:9, but not sure if it crops or is just a preview for video mode. It would be cool for the smart teleconverter crop mode work with Raws, does not seem hard to implement.

Feb 01, 2013 at 07:26 PM
littlemt

Upload & Sell: Off
p.27 #2 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Feb 02, 2013 at 04:46 AM
HelenaN
• • •
p.27 #3 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Nice mysterious atmosphere in that one Jochen! I really like that he's crossing the road and not walking along it. Makes you wonder where he came from and where he is going.

--

A few recent shots. I feel fortunate to have such nice views within walking distance from home.

View towards river Gaula and the Trondheim fjord by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Old barn by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Snowfall and sunshine by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Old barn by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Feb 02, 2013 at 01:36 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.27 #4 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Jorge, nice street shots.
joanlvh, nice macro shot and nice reflections on the building.
joachen, I almost missed the man in that shot. Great timing, excellent!
Martin, another excellent set.
littlemt, excellent car shots! Keep them coming! The last set with the yellow truck is really cool.
Helena, beautiful! #1 is my favorite. Reminds me of Bruegel's winter landscapes. Is the 2nd shot with the person walking and Joachen's earlier post a coincidence

carstenw wrote:
Does the RX1 have any crop modes, like 4:3, 5:4, etc.?

Closest you can get to another format other than 3:2 or 16:9 is 6:6. Turn on the square grid lines and although it does not crop to a square format, it will give you a 6x4 grid with 4x4 in the center to aid framing.

Feb 03, 2013 at 02:46 AM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.27 #5 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Helena, Martin. Great shots!

Feb 03, 2013 at 04:43 AM
HelenaN
• • •
p.27 #6 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Thank you Joe and Hooligan! Yes, the person walking is just a coincidence. I had already taken my photo when Jochen posted his.

Feb 03, 2013 at 08:51 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.27 #7 · RX1(R) Image Thread

joan, nice bokeh with the candle.
Jochen, stunning B&W shot
Martin, very neat graphic shots!
Helena, superb set of shots! Wow, what a difference in seasons.
littlemt, nice set!

Shots from this weekend

Feb 04, 2013 at 06:59 AM
photozero
• • •
p.27 #8 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I have some RX1 samples but I'm not sure how to post them. Can someone give me some guidance?
Thanks
Rob

Feb 04, 2013 at 02:45 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.27 #9 · RX1(R) Image Thread

If you have image upload active at FM, you can upload them directly with the posting form. If not, you need to upload the images to a server somewhere, and then you can just type in the URL here. Note that you need to have a public URL to each photo.

Feb 04, 2013 at 03:35 PM
Paul Gardner
• • •
p.27 #10 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I wonder why they didn't put the Sony sensor from the D800 in the RX1? Arn't they the same size? Just think what that would produce.
Paul

Feb 04, 2013 at 09:09 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

carstenw
• • • • • •
p.27 #11 · RX1(R) Image Thread

A bigger AF problem?

I am slowly beginning to think that 24MP is the sweet spot for 135 format sensors, just as 12-16MP is for MFT and 18-20MP for APS-C. After that: trouble. Some things improve with newer technology, but other things can't keep up.

Feb 04, 2013 at 09:25 PM
mortyb
• • •
p.27 #12 · RX1(R) Image Thread

+1.

Feb 04, 2013 at 09:58 PM
Makten
• • • •
p.27 #13 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Really nice and solid ice on most of Stockholms lakes now!

Skaters on Ulvsundasjön by Martin Hertsius, on Flickr

Skaters on Essingesjön by Martin Hertsius, on Flickr

Feb 04, 2013 at 10:22 PM
philip_pj
• • • •
p.27 #14 · RX1(R) Image Thread

'I wonder why they didn't put the Sony sensor from the D800 in the RX1?'
Sony is a cheeky company but it might feel like a bridge too far for what is primarily a hand camera, and a gamble at that.

'that 24MP is the sweet spot for 135 format sensors'
Looking at results from the Sony 24Mp sensor, hard to disagree with this. D600 users like it also but many appear to be new entrants, and unlike Makten and Helena, are put off by winter.

It also seems that Zeiss harmonises well with Sony - lots of experience in the fruitful partnership - ZA, RX100, RX1, NEX.

Feb 04, 2013 at 11:59 PM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.27 #15 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Nice shots Charles, Martin!

Feb 05, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Jochenb
• • •
p.27 #16 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Thanks people.

Helena, superb again.
Charles, that bird doesn't look very amused.
Martin, both very nice. Love the light in the first one.

I agree with 24MP being the sweet spot of FF right now. I don't wish for more in this camera.

Feb 05, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Paul Gardner
• • •
p.27 #17 · RX1(R) Image Thread

"24MP is the sweet spot for 135 format sensors"

I've been hearing XX is the sweet spot for 15 years or more. Why the negetive?
The D800E proved that is not true. I agree that 24MP is approching good quality and is on the edge for landscapes and is fine for street and family, and to be honest the RX100 on a Monopod produces some very fine landscapes, but if they can put a FF sensors in the RX1, they can put the D800 sensor in it also. Those of us whom hike in the mountains can use the lightest and smallest cameras they can produce. We need to be pushing the manufacturers instead of just accepting their "good enough for this increment"
Big Sur California - RX100
http://img.gg/mUNw75W

Regards
Paul

Feb 05, 2013 at 12:48 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.27 #18 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Do you own a D800?

I do. 36MP of image quality is fine, but the AF is slowish (I had a D3 before), the focusing screen is at best mediocre for manual focus in bright light, and I can miss focus by meters in darker situations, and I am someone who was able to nail the 80 Lux-R wide open on a 5D consistently, which many could not. The live view does line skipping, presumably because the processing load to do a full live view with exposure simulation is just too high, and while I can accurately focus via live view with line skipping, I sure miss those other lines. Many lenses are just not up to it, even lenses which were great on 24MP, and the focusing issues of the D800 compound with the focusing issues of older lenses. I was prepared for this and will maybe only sell one lens, but many were caught off guard.

So, no, I am not being negative, I am calling it as it is. The D800 is a great camera, but if I could have a 24MP D800 tomorrow, I wouldn't even hesitate one second.

Feb 05, 2013 at 01:25 PM
Jochenb
• • •
p.27 #19 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Carsten, what's the reason you're not buying a D600 instead of the D800 then?

Feb 05, 2013 at 01:31 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.27 #20 · RX1(R) Image Thread

It is just less of a camera, sadly. I don't keep the reasons at my fingertips, but if you are interested I can go look it up and figure it out again. The size is one small part of it, I just like the size of the D800, but it is not the most important part. Sensor sharpness and dynamic range are also reasons, although the latter is just a small difference. Less accurate AF is another issue, IIRC.

The D600 is a nice camera, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, but it isn't a smaller D800, more like a large D7000.

Feb 05, 2013 at 03:55 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password