FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              148      
       150              356       357       end

Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

wayne seltzer
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.149 #1 · p.149 #1 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Very nice image Jochen! Is that Dover coastline/cliffs?

Jul 31, 2014 at 09:50 PM
chasdfg
• • •
p.149 #2 · p.149 #2 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Bluffer wrote:
I'll hang it out for the RX2 and see about an EVF too. I just like small FF cameras now. Could never go back to big heavy DSLR's.

It may well have an evf built into the body like the RX100 MKIII does.

Right now the prices plus EVF make it pretty reasonable to buy compared to the new+evf price, so i pounced on a deal a couple of weeks back. Unless cost isn't prohibitive, if an rx2 comes out at the rx1 new price even with the evf inbuilt, i'd still wait for it to drop to under $2000, and i figured I'm not going to wait another 2 years for that to happen. The rx1 takes great photos, and although its pure speculation at this point about the better glass on the rx2, better high iso, AF, etc and possibly smaller package, the RX1 plus that fantastic 35 and already smallish FF size (compared to anything else i've used or have) is still going to churn out amazing images and remain incredibly fun to use
Everything should be incremental, though I may have to eat my words in a couple of months..

I should contribute some pictures soon. Every time I come to this thread the pictures amaze me what this camera can do. It's solely because of the posters here that I re-purchased it after selling it last year. And i'm very glad I did.

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Jochenb
• • • •
p.149 #3 · p.149 #3 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

wayne seltzer wrote:
Very nice image Jochen! Is that Dover coastline/cliffs?

Thanks Wayne! No it's at the other side of the channel. Criel sur Mer in France.

Welcome back African!

Aug 01, 2014 at 12:57 AM
HelenaN
• • • •
p.149 #4 · p.149 #4 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Jochen, that is beautiful! I like everything about it.

Edited on Aug 01, 2014 at 06:38 AM · View previous versions

Aug 01, 2014 at 04:54 AM
Bluffer
• •
p.149 #5 · p.149 #5 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

What's the hot shoe EVF like for the RX1? I know it's a fair bit of money, but no way could I just use Live View.

Aug 01, 2014 at 06:05 AM
chasdfg
• • •
p.149 #6 · p.149 #6 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Bluffer wrote:
What's the hot shoe EVF like for the RX1? I know it's a fair bit of money, but no way could I just use Live View.

It's pretty decent, I like how you can see the WB and picture styles in it (never used an evf before except the x100 a few weeks before the rx1). I was a bit taken aback by the "blurry" corners of the evf but got used to it, along with the viewfinder lag when you put your eye to it which isn't that bad at all. The fact it tilts allows a different photographic experience in my opinion. Better for streets and shooting upwards. I leave mine almost perpetually upright so the eye cup doesn't catch my shirt when i walk. Some people have said that one downside is that there's no lock on the evf and it's merely slide on but mine is pretty snug as it is.

Anyway here are just 2 shots taken by the rx1. Both sooc. Probably doesn't compare to the stuff others have shared

Also this may be a silly question but how do you link the shots directly from flickr like the other photos here? The way I link them is extremely cumbersome

Aug 01, 2014 at 07:13 AM
Ronny Olsson
• • • • • •
p.149 #7 · p.149 #7 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Spectacular shot Jochen!!

Aug 01, 2014 at 07:44 AM
Bluffer
• •
p.149 #8 · p.149 #8 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

aFrIcanSH wrote:
It's pretty decent, I like how you can see the WB and picture styles in it (never used an evf before except the x100 a few weeks before the rx1). I was a bit taken aback by the "blurry" corners of the evf but got used to it, along with the viewfinder lag when you put your eye to it which isn't that bad at all. The fact it tilts allows a different photographic experience in my opinion. Better for streets and shooting upwards. I leave mine almost perpetually upright so the eye cup doesn't catch my shirt when i
...Show more

I use . . .

(
https://flickrphotolocation
)

I remove the s in https.

The size I open the image in the desired size and copy image location.

Probably the same way you do, it's cumbersome.

Aug 01, 2014 at 07:54 AM
Jochenb
• • • •
p.149 #9 · p.149 #9 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Thanks Helena and Ronny!

Sharing a photo from Flickr is easy. Just click on the share button on the right side below your photo. Choose BBCode. Select the size you want, copy the code, paste it here... done.

Aug 01, 2014 at 08:09 AM
HelenaN
• • • •
p.149 #10 · p.149 #10 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Some nice clouds this evening so I went for a short walk:

Aug 01, 2014 at 01:19 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

zhangyue
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.149 #11 · p.149 #11 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Jochen, +1 for whatever they said

Raining Night from Suzhou, China

Aug 01, 2014 at 01:43 PM
Nick Dakota
• • •
p.149 #12 · p.149 #12 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Some gulls...color and b&w

Aug 02, 2014 at 12:12 PM
zhangyue
• • • • •
p.149 #13 · p.149 #13 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Red canyon

Aug 02, 2014 at 12:23 PM
HelenaN
• • • •
p.149 #14 · p.149 #14 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

New Scandic Hotel:

Hotel Scandic Lerkendal by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Edited on Aug 08, 2014 at 04:55 AM · View previous versions

Aug 03, 2014 at 11:03 AM
HelenaN
• • • •
p.149 #15 · p.149 #15 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Forget-me-nots:

Hmm... I'm seriously starting to doubt my decision to replace RX1 with A7. I wonder if there is any way I can keep both..? Who else do, and how do you feel about it? Do you actually use both regularly?
(I also intend to sell my Fuji eventually, but that's a separate issue.)

Aug 03, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.149 #16 · p.149 #16 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Helena, no matter wich camera you use, your talent is more important than the gear.

Aug 03, 2014 at 11:49 AM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.149 #17 · p.149 #17 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Helena, how about a B&W version of Scandic? I think I might prefer that.
Sorry to hear you sold your RX1. I think it is only natural to have both RX1 and then an Interchangeable lens system like A7(r) or D800E like I have.

Aug 03, 2014 at 12:39 PM
HelenaN
• • • •
p.149 #18 · p.149 #18 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Helena, no matter wich camera you use, your talent is more important than the gear.

Thanks, how kind of you to say that!

The main reason for the planned switch is that I have found that I prefer 28mm for general walk-around (I have purchased a C/Y 28/2.8) and miss a built-in EVF. But, sometimes a fast 35mm is great to have and as far as I know there's nothing as good as RX1's lens for A7 yet.

wayne seltzer wrote:
Helena, how about a B&W version of Scandic? I think I might prefer that.
Sorry to hear you sold your RX1. I think it is only natural to have both RX1 and then an Interchangeable lens system like A7(r) or D800E like I have.

Good idea to go for B&W! I think I will give it a try later.

Sorry, I was unclear. Fortunately, I haven't yet sold it, so it's not too late to change my mind. It's just that it'd feel extravagant to have both, but if others do maybe I can too. At least until I'm completely sure about what to do.

Aug 03, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Nick Dakota
• • •
p.149 #19 · p.149 #19 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Lieutenant Z wrote:

Helena is very talented and could produce great shots with a disposable. And I for one am a proponent of content over quality wins the majority of time. That being said, there are tools for every job, not just in a creative context. Talking about photograghy though, some cameras just help you convey your artistic vision better than others. It's a weird thing. I tried the Fuji X100s and the XT1. I sold my RX1 for that endeavor. It didn't fit me for some reason. Went running back to the RX1. I was happy with the Fuji's but wasn't wowed. The RX1 is able to produce that wow more often than not for me. A long while ago I had the same relationship with the original 5D and 35L. But like you said about Helena, she consistently produces amazing results with a multitude of cameras. And that is the result of talent over gear.

Helena, my wife shoots an A7 so I have processed her images at the same sitting along with my RX1 on our mutual adventures. At the 35 focal length the A7 isn't there for me. Everyone has their styles, but I shoot wide in the 28-35 range. I have a GR and an RX1. With what's out there, that's all I need. They are very different cameras and compliment themselves perfectly IMO.

Regardless, your pictures are amazing and I always look forward to seeing them.

Aug 03, 2014 at 12:49 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.149 #20 · p.149 #20 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II Image Thread

Lieutenant Z wrote:

+1

i do have both the rx1 and a7 though as my main cameras. i find them to be good compliments, but i suspect i use them differently than you would. the rx1 is my main 35mm lens because it's the best 35mm i've ever seen, but it's also my goto camera for shooting people or traveling light. i find it to be much less obtrusive than the a7 for shooting people (looks like a p&s and is silent). the a7 i use mainly for when i need to shoot faster moving subjects (evf and manual focus is better on the a7) and to play with my various older manual focus lenses for their unique looks (i've not really been sold on the looks of any of the AF lenses for it).

Aug 03, 2014 at 12:50 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.