Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              145      
       147       148       end

RX1(R) Image Thread

Jochenb
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.146 #1 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Tariq Gibran wrote:
Nice image! I remember this location from the 1990 film Mindwalk. It's on my "dream" list of places to visit.

Thanks Tariq. I'd wait a few more years, because there are big construction works going on.

Jul 06, 2014 at 03:57 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.146 #2 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Thanks.

Jul 06, 2014 at 04:59 PM
Brody LeBlanc
• • •
p.146 #3 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Edited on Jul 06, 2014 at 05:01 PM · View previous versions

Jul 06, 2014 at 05:00 PM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.146 #4 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Jochenb wrote:
Thanks. It's the Mont Saint Michel in France.

Thought that was what is was. I love when the peloton of the Tour de France goes by it.

Jul 06, 2014 at 05:01 PM
nabate
• •
p.146 #5 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Like the tone in your cat image Brody.

Jul 06, 2014 at 06:04 PM
nabate
• •
p.146 #6 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Jochenb wrote:
That's cute Helena. The rendering of the 35/2 Sonnar is most special in the close up range IMHO.
Btw, I still think it's a shame that Sony doesn't release any firmware updates for this camera! Both my RX100m3 and (ex)A7 have the simple option to select a small AF point. Why not update the RX1 too then?

Yes & yes

The RX1 shines with subjects in the 3-10 foot range. Not just the foreground, but background as well, regardless of aperture. That's the sweet spot.

And I would think sony is so involved with their other cams of late that they totally neglected the RX1 developments through firmware. Some things could easily be improved upon in an update in regards to AF/MF focusing. Sadly, doubt we'd ever see them. It would be cool if the camera firmware was open sourced where third parties could tinker and there could be plugins or the such. Though the market could be pretty small.

Jul 06, 2014 at 06:21 PM
johnmondy
• •
p.146 #7 · RX1(R) Image Thread

RX1- 4th of July my daughter and her friend watching fireworks - 10pm high ISO - Another reason to love the RX1

Jul 07, 2014 at 01:27 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.146 #8 · RX1(R) Image Thread

little critter outside my window:

Jul 07, 2014 at 02:58 PM
nabate
• •
p.146 #9 · RX1(R) Image Thread

johnmondy - That first shot is perfect. And that is exactly why I love it as well.

Awesome shot Sebboh...

Jul 07, 2014 at 03:49 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.146 #10 · RX1(R) Image Thread

nabate wrote:
And I would think sony is so involved with their other cams of late that they totally neglected the RX1 developments through firmware. Some things could easily be improved upon in an update in regards to AF/MF focusing. Sadly, doubt we'd ever see them. It would be cool if the camera firmware was open sourced where third parties could tinker and there could be plugins or the such. Though the market could be pretty small.

Don't worry, they are also neglecting the firmware of the A7 and A7r. There are so many small improvements they could make with very little effort it is mind boggling that they don't, starting with an adjustable lower shutter speed for Auto ISO.

Jul 07, 2014 at 05:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

nabate
• •
p.146 #11 · RX1(R) Image Thread

carstenw wrote:
Don't worry, they are also neglecting the firmware of the A7 and A7r. There are so many small improvements they could make with very little effort it is mind boggling that they don't, starting with an adjustable lower shutter speed for Auto ISO.

Yes 100%...User should be able to set a min shutter speed in auto ISO. It is crazy that you can't. Especially with it's high ISO capabilities. I'd rather chance the possibility of noise than a blurred picture.

Speaking of auto ISO, I find myself dropping down to 50 ISO quit often from f/2-4 in the day and see no disadvantages (quality wise) when using it. I would like the option of being able to have 50 as my min.

Other than thinking Sony doesn't trust a user to make their own decisions...I don't see why both aren't available.

Jul 07, 2014 at 05:45 PM
darrellc
• •
p.146 #12 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Never buy a Sony product with hope of a firmware update... That's been the case for years across product categories unfortunately. I thought they might change with the RX1 given the surprising Nex updates and the premium RX1 pricing, but no...

Jul 07, 2014 at 08:18 PM
nabate
• •
p.146 #13 · RX1(R) Image Thread

a shot from this weekend...

Jul 09, 2014 at 04:07 AM
ebookman
• • •
p.146 #14 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I think this needs some explanation. I was walking down an alley behind my office and I came across this man-tall sculpture of glued together objects freshly painted and drying in the mid day sun. I have no idea who created the thing but since I had my RX 1, I naturally took pictures. I rendered it in B&W since it was painted in a monotone and I thought it would blend in with the alley better.

Jul 09, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Brody LeBlanc
• • •
p.146 #15 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Jul 10, 2014 at 03:11 AM
solarwar

p.146 #16 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Fantastic images everyone!

I'm curious to know for those that have an RX1 if they ended up getting the fotodiox metal grip? I'm curious to know
your thoughts on the addon.

I picked up an RX1 at the local camera shop and felt that it could use a bit more chunk one end.

Jul 10, 2014 at 03:45 AM
nabate
• •
p.146 #17 · RX1(R) Image Thread

solarwar wrote:
Fantastic images everyone!

I'm curious to know for those that have an RX1 if they ended up getting the fotodiox metal grip? I'm curious to know
your thoughts on the addon.

I picked up an RX1 at the local camera shop and felt that it could use a bit more chunk one end.

I personally love the Fotodiox grip on the RX1. Fits perfectly and the front grip part is enough to confidently hold it without worry. The only drawback is the card is difficult to remove unless you have skinny fingers, but there are ways to overcome that.

Also the Fotodiox thumb grip is a nice add on too for $39 unless you plan on shooting with an evf. It fits well and swivels out so you can access the playback button.

Jul 10, 2014 at 03:53 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.146 #18 · RX1(R) Image Thread

One from Crater Lake.

Mid day

Jul 12, 2014 at 08:15 AM
ChrClowes

p.146 #19 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Hi everyone! I've browsed through here before in my spare time, but never thought to join until now since work arrangements have shifted to something more appropriate. Anyway, I've had the RX1 a while now. A typical love / hate relationship which reminds me of when I had the Lumix GF1 many years ago. Despite the poorer aspects of the camera, the images are always superb. I also have a Nikon D600 with assorted lenses, but this is the little beast that I feel most emotional too. I tried a Fuji X100s but as soon as I picked it up I never liked it. The little Sony is a camera I don't see myself ever selling. Perhaps pass on to a family member, but never depart with. It's a cracker. Anyway, here are just some of my snaps from a recent trip to Japan!

This is me, wishing I had brought my jacket out with me on a cold night out in Tokyo!!

Jul 12, 2014 at 09:56 AM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.146 #20 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Welcome ChrClowes and congrats on your new RX1!
Nice set of B&W's, my favorite is #2 !

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:24 AM
       147       148       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

147       148       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password