Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              128      
       130              154       155       end

RX1(R) Image Thread

wayne seltzer
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.129 #1 · p.129 #1 · RX1(R) Image Thread

[redisburning wrote:
says it all I guess.
m.

Not really,most of my posts were before this like button was added and I have not posted many images since the button has been there.
Judging quality of someone's images my number of likes is nonsense. Volume posters always get likes and there is a bit of you like my images I will like yours back. Plus, the number of snaps which get likes is a lot around here.
But that is ok pile it on, red. Hope you feel better.

Mar 05, 2014 at 05:15 AM
millsart
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.129 #2 · p.129 #2 · RX1(R) Image Thread

wayne seltzer wrote:
Not really,most of my posts were before this like button was added and I have not posted many images since the button has been there.
Judging quality of someone's images my number of likes is nonsense. Volume posters always get likes and there is a bit of you like my images I will like yours back. Plus, the number of snaps which get likes is a lot around here.

I "liked" this post if it makes you feel any better

Mar 05, 2014 at 05:31 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.129 #3 · p.129 #3 · RX1(R) Image Thread

RX1 Suzhou, China.

Mar 05, 2014 at 07:35 AM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.129 #4 · p.129 #4 · RX1(R) Image Thread

wfrank wrote:
Scenery is great, comp too. Selective coloring looks cheap but this one almost passes. I dont know the original colors but I'd check paling them rather than putting a lighthouse on your (extremely photogenic) daughter. I think I'd pale through a tasteful strong structure BW layer and mask off with light airbrush if you dont employ some fancy Nik stuff. Vignetting is already there but perhaps induce some more and push offset vignetting to see if it could move more into a troll forest.

- as per requested cents :-)

Derek, I agree with W.Frank, that I would like it better without the selective color on daughter. My eye goes to the much brighter areas at the top of the image above your daughter.Like the atmosphere of the fog as always.

Mar 05, 2014 at 10:33 AM
redisburning
• • •
Account locked
p.129 #5 · p.129 #5 · RX1(R) Image Thread

wayne seltzer wrote:

that's one explanation. the other is youre just extremely salty.

yeah, seeing your last little passive-aggressive bit there, Im gonna go with that one.

Mar 05, 2014 at 02:42 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.129 #6 · p.129 #6 · RX1(R) Image Thread

wayne seltzer wrote:

I am sure that you are right that volume posters get more likes than occasional posters, and that reciprocal likes happen, but I would not expect any of these factors to overwhelm the basic fact of good photos getting many likes. In other words, people who get many likes post many well-liked shots, or give good advice/help, or both.

Mar 05, 2014 at 03:24 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.129 #7 · p.129 #7 · RX1(R) Image Thread

'Like' not necessary means quality of photo, I fully agree on, aware of. That is may not what Red's meaning as well. There are way more people have better skill, better photos than me here in this forum but may have less 'like'.

Like means 'agree', means 'thanks', means 'respect', means 'encourage', means 'appreciation' means 'make sense' etc......in additional to like the photos itself. I am glad Fred create this feature to build a healthy environment in this forum to let people get and give appreciation without disturb regular post.

Again, this is general discussion about our community. It has nothing to do with previous post and I bare no mind to against anyone.

Mar 05, 2014 at 03:56 PM
millsart
• • • •
p.129 #8 · p.129 #8 · RX1(R) Image Thread

carstenw wrote:
I am sure that you are right that volume posters get more likes than occasional posters, and that reciprocal likes happen, but I would not expect any of these factors to overwhelm the basic fact of good photos getting many likes. In other words, people who get many likes post many well-liked shots, or give good advice/help, or both.

I think what he means is likes are just a stupid popularity contest (which he is not winning). Snaps, ie; snapshots, an elitist term of disdain for work others do that is judged unskilled, and unrefined, get likes while real "art" doesn't apparently is proof to this point.

Kind of a "I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude translated over to "well if that is the quality of work that gets likes, then I'm glad I don't get them"

Honestly I think the "like" concept is a bit silly, but even sillier is how grown adults can driven to feel and act over them.

Rather brings out the 13 year old middle school girl in all of us, and who is "cool" enough to sit at our lunch table

Mar 05, 2014 at 04:06 PM
McGrattan
• • •
p.129 #9 · p.129 #9 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Take it to PM boys, this inspiring "image" thread is running off its rails.

If you want to post critique you have to post an image.

Mar 05, 2014 at 06:18 PM
millsart
• • • •
p.129 #10 · p.129 #10 · RX1(R) Image Thread

McGrattan wrote:

If you want to post critique you have to post an image.

Sorry Dad.....

Mar 05, 2014 at 06:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

canerino
• • • • • •
p.129 #11 · p.129 #11 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Less words, more pictures.

Mar 05, 2014 at 06:35 PM
Tjgator

p.129 #12 · p.129 #12 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Here you go, canerino....

DSC04708ps by msubadger, on Flickr

Mar 05, 2014 at 06:49 PM
redisburning
• • •
Account locked
p.129 #13 · p.129 #13 · RX1(R) Image Thread

McGrattan wrote:

how about you stfu and leave the modding to the mods?

Mar 05, 2014 at 06:54 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.129 #14 · p.129 #14 · RX1(R) Image Thread

wayne seltzer wrote:
Derek, I agree with W.Frank, that I would like it better without the selective color on daughter. My eye goes to the much brighter areas at the top of the image above your daughter.Like the atmosphere of the fog as always.

had a little more time to play with it. thanks to all for the comments. here is a new version with lower saturation, darker shadows/contrast, tilted, etc. for print i decided i definitely prefer the straight b&w original, which you can see here.

also, here is a picture of the same area in color:

and some pictures of random crap:

Mar 05, 2014 at 08:07 PM
Phillip Reeve
• • •
p.129 #15 · p.129 #15 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I should stop visiting this thread or I will end buying a RX1

Mar 05, 2014 at 08:10 PM
weezintrumpete
• • • •
p.129 #16 · p.129 #16 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Phillip Reeve wrote:
I should stop visiting this thread or I will end buying a RX1

That's where I'm at!

Mar 05, 2014 at 08:21 PM
ryankarr
• • •
p.129 #17 · p.129 #17 · RX1(R) Image Thread

sebboh wrote:
had a little more time to play with it. thanks to all for the comments. here is a new version with lower saturation, darker shadows/contrast, tilted, etc. for print i decided i definitely prefer the straight b&w original, which you can see here.

Love the straight B&W one. What about a strong blue filter effect over her purple outfit to lighten her up and make her stand out?

Mar 05, 2014 at 09:59 PM
P.F.
• •
p.129 #18 · p.129 #18 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Lofoten, Norway.

Mar 05, 2014 at 10:14 PM
alkanphel
• •
p.129 #19 · p.129 #19 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Couple of shots from the RX1

SEA2 by alkanphel, on Flickr

SEA1 by alkanphel, on Flickr

One Way by alkanphel, on Flickr

Flowers, Clementi, 2013 by alkanphel, on Flickr

Congee by alkanphel, on Flickr

Mar 06, 2014 at 01:46 AM
ebookman
• • •
p.129 #20 · p.129 #20 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Rain clouds on the desert. There is a greater than average amount of PP with these images. I was attempting to re-create the mood of the moments before the storm. I can't capture the cold or heat or a stinging gust of wind blown sand but with PP I can attempt to convey the general gritty mood before the storm broke.

Mar 06, 2014 at 06:25 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password