Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              127      
       129              148       149       end

RX1(R) Image Thread

millsart
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.128 #1 · RX1(R) Image Thread

It is possible to make threads that are "invitation only", so only those the thread creator wants to allow to post may do so, though I haven't seen the forum engine allow that option here.

It perhaps goes a bit against the concept of an open community forum as well, where everyone is free to participate.

Mar 02, 2014 at 11:59 PM
corposant
• • • •
p.128 #2 · RX1(R) Image Thread

millsart wrote:
It is possible to make threads that are "invitation only", so only those the thread creator wants to allow to post may do so, though I haven't seen the forum engine allow that option here.

It perhaps goes a bit against the concept of an open community forum as well, where everyone is free to participate.

yes, it's called "starting your own forum."

Mar 03, 2014 at 01:09 AM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.128 #3 · RX1(R) Image Thread

millsart wrote:

there's always the hide button if you cant help yourself from reading posters you dont particularly enjoy

Mar 03, 2014 at 01:47 AM
redisburning
• • •
Account locked
p.128 #4 · RX1(R) Image Thread

zhangyue
Total Posts: 2376
Received Likes: 2591

wayne seltzer
Total Posts: 3929
Received Likes: 88

says it all I guess.

btw Michael I really like the first shot you had on the last page with the 6 lanterns, reminds me a lot of slide film.

Mar 03, 2014 at 02:49 AM
ryankarr
• • •
p.128 #5 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Beautiful work zhangyue, keep it up!

DSC08475 by ryankarr, on Flickr

Mar 03, 2014 at 03:52 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.128 #6 · RX1(R) Image Thread

wayne seltzer wrote:
So by commenting about someone's image having over-baked colors that gives them the right to post a bunch of nasty personal comments and lots of sarcastic remarks about my photography and how my lack of posting has helped the thread? And other rude comments about my self esteem. Is that really nesessary? My 2 nd comments about over use of saturation in photography was more a general topic of discussion that I don't see as such a bad thing to discuss. When does processing a landscape type image so much that it becomes unnatural looking and not a photograph
...Show more

Wayne, you are such a character

Below is general topic of discussion: I bare no intention to offend any people but just generic discuss about photography.

I feel there is a trend in forum and internet that someone called 'experts' comment others photos like crunchy sharpness, over-saturated color, boring content, endless family pics, post too many variety pics without careful selection to flood the original simple, beautiful, high standard thread.....

Some people like them(experts), not me. As my coworker said to me: those experts make him feel sick.

I feel photographers can take good, interesting pics only he hold love of people and life to be able to get the shot, he/she has to be able to see the beauty of others work just like in life, he has to make choice to select beautiful moment, scene to represent his vision, his interpolation about life, love and world.

Photography is not only about images, is also about himself/herself. Photography as a art form is regardless of technical level or how long have been habitat in certain forum, or how many thread he started etc.....

Again I want reinstate this is just a generic discuss about photography. I bare no mind to offend any people. This general discussion has nothing to do with previous post and I feel it is a good discuss about photography and general trend in forum.

Mar 03, 2014 at 04:07 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.128 #7 · RX1(R) Image Thread

my daughter hunting the blair witch or something, can't decide if the selective color adds anything:

Mar 03, 2014 at 07:37 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.128 #8 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Super image! Print it big on the wall.

Mar 03, 2014 at 07:49 AM
itai195
• • •
p.128 #9 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Just wanted to chime in that this is one of my favorite threads on FM. I don't have an RX1 anymore, but the work posted here is often inspiring.

Mar 03, 2014 at 08:16 AM
desvenne

p.128 #10 · RX1(R) Image Thread

sebboh wrote:
my daughter hunting the blair witch or something, can't decide if the selective color adds anything:

I quite like it for that specific picture, actually (and in general I personally don't really like selective colouring, but please don't let that stop anyone ! )

Mar 03, 2014 at 07:06 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

buggz2k
• • •
p.128 #11 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Hi sebboh,
I think this is a great image, as yours usually are.
Just from me, no meaning, I usually don't like hard selective color images.
I think this one be really great if the saturation/vibrance was knocked down a bit.
Maybe even change the colors?

As for the RX1(R), I've always wanted one of these since seeing this thread.
I ALWAYS have to check this thread.
I was gonna "upgrade" my FujiFilm X-E1 to the X-T1, but am STILL having a hard time "justifying".
Kinda like why I never "upgraded" my Canon 5DMkII, I still have it.
Though, I would definitely like to get one of these RX1(R), STILL.

sebboh wrote:

Mar 03, 2014 at 07:38 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.128 #12 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Derek, I am envy you that people can give you constructive suggestion about your image.
I am worried that my recent remark may scare people off to give me the same treatment
Please don't be, healthy discuss can help us all.

Here is mine: I feel the image is slightly tilt to right visually. could be just me!

I mentioned about beauty of leaf shutter and vertical EVF, here are few examples you can see how close I am for 35mm lens

All from street of Suzhou

Mar 03, 2014 at 08:08 PM
P.F.
• •
p.128 #13 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I didn't have time to process and post RX1 images for months but I'm often here looking at all these great pictures.

One from today, "150'000" :

Mar 03, 2014 at 08:23 PM
wfrank
• • • •
p.128 #14 · RX1(R) Image Thread

sebboh wrote:

Scenery is great, comp too. Selective coloring looks cheap but this one almost passes. I dont know the original colors but I'd check paling them rather than putting a lighthouse on your (extremely photogenic) daughter. I think I'd pale through a tasteful strong structure BW layer and mask off with light airbrush if you dont employ some fancy Nik stuff. Vignetting is already there but perhaps induce some more and push offset vignetting to see if it could move more into a troll forest.

- as per requested cents :-)

Mar 03, 2014 at 10:44 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.128 #15 · RX1(R) Image Thread

desvenne wrote:
I quite like it for that specific picture, actually (and in general I personally don't really like selective colouring, but please don't let that stop anyone ! )

thanks! i am not a fan of selective color in general either. at large sizes i think i actually prefer the straight b&w version, but at web size i felt like it was really easy not to notice the figure in image so it needed something to draw the eye.

buggz2k wrote:
Hi sebboh,
I think this is a great image, as yours usually are.
Just from me, no meaning, I usually don't like hard selective color images.
I think this one be really great if the saturation/vibrance was knocked down a bit.
Maybe even change the colors?

thanks! i actually did pull down the vibrance on her to -46 and shifted local white balance to make her clothes less pastel. i'll play with bringing it down a bit more.

zhangyue wrote:
Derek, I am envy you that people can give you constructive suggestion about your image.
I am worried that my recent remark may scare people off to give me the same treatment
Please don't be, healthy discuss can help us all.

Here is mine: I feel the image is slightly tilt to right visually. could be just me!

thanks! i agree it looks tilted to the right, but it's the trees that are tilted. the image is actually tilted to the left (judging by my daughter and the thin tree, which i know to be straight). maybe if i play with the tilt and vertical distortion settings i can make it look straighter...

wfrank wrote:
Scenery is great, comp too. Selective coloring looks cheap but this one almost passes. I dont know the original colors but I'd check paling them rather than putting a lighthouse on your (extremely photogenic) daughter. I think I'd pale through a tasteful strong structure BW layer and mask off with light airbrush if you dont employ some fancy Nik stuff. Vignetting is already there but perhaps induce some more and push offset vignetting to see if it could move more into a troll forest.

- as per requested cents :-)

thanks! will play with toning down the colors. no fancy b&w conversion, everything except downsizing was done in LR. not sure what you mean about structure? do you mean adding local contrast? vignetting could definitely stand for some local tweaking.

thanks to everyone for the suggestions/comments.

Mar 04, 2014 at 05:50 AM
dtchan

p.128 #16 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Taken on a recent trip to San Francisco.

This photo seems kind of futuristic to me... Can see the drought @ California.

Only snapped a few shot while it was snowing. Despite putting a plastic bag over it ... it was still getting wet. Pretty scary...

Mar 04, 2014 at 05:57 AM
Jochenb
• • •
p.128 #17 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Great images guys.
Btw: my A7 files have brilliant DR, but when pushing shadows I have the feeling that the RX1 files are cleaner. The RX1 really is such a wonderful camera.

Mar 04, 2014 at 08:50 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.128 #18 · RX1(R) Image Thread

dtchan, Love the 3rd one, The 2nd location is very familiar:
This must happen at the same location within few block below image M9 35cron 8 elements, two month ago at SF

Jochenb, Fully agree, it is not the same sensor for sure even color, I am quite sensitive to these thing, though that is for myself and I don't want back it up in case anyone asked, I have not find time to test 55FE yet, but my lens has no sideway play with A7, I will try to recreate the unsymmetrical DOF behavior within this week. I feel it is the lens itself but not your copy issue.

All handhold
RX WO

f4

The images went through quite push-pull in post process

Mar 04, 2014 at 03:06 PM
wfrank
• • • •
p.128 #19 · RX1(R) Image Thread

sebboh wrote:
thanks! will play with toning down the colors. no fancy b&w conversion, everything except downsizing was done in LR. not sure what you mean about structure? do you mean adding local contrast? vignetting could definitely stand for some local tweaking.

thanks to everyone for the suggestions/comments.

yes, I was thinking structure as in "ACR clarity". That often adds a bit of vibrance too.

Mar 04, 2014 at 05:22 PM
dtchan

p.128 #20 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Seems a lot of ppl in this thread also have the Sony A7/7r. I am tempted as well but will probably wait for the next iteration. Anyone know if A7 + the zeiss 55mm f1.8 is of the same quality as the RX1 with 35mm?

Mar 05, 2014 at 03:46 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password