Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              126      
       128              148       149       end

RX1(R) Image Thread

zhangyue
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.127 #1 · RX1(R) Image Thread

The key is treat people with respect independent to photography level or how long have been here. I admire some people's works and skill here, even prefer someone's works to others, but I try not to group or differentiate people as much as I can and I know some people may feel discouraged to not post anything at all or quit the forum with unproper treatment.

People here want to learn and share the knowledge and joy. Criticism is always welcome with me. like mentioned, I can think about it and explain my thought or 'excuse' or even disagree depend on personal preference, and I won't feel uncomfortable.
Suzhou

Mar 01, 2014 at 05:19 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.127 #2 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Great tonality in that last shot!

Mar 01, 2014 at 05:32 PM
Tjgator

p.127 #3 · RX1(R) Image Thread

More kid samples with the RX1. Both processed in Adobe Camera Raw using mostly default settings.

DSC04630ps by msubadger, on Flickr

DSC04659ps by msubadger, on Flickr

Mar 01, 2014 at 08:55 PM
wfrank
• • • •
p.127 #4 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I am highly unlikely to get me a RX1 (I use A7) but I cant help revisiting here and admiring the shots from that 35mm Sonnar. Consistently inspiring shots on this and the last page yet again by Zhang and all other posters.

I now have three 35mm lenses for the A7, or four if you count in a zoom. CV35/1.2, CY35/1.4 and FE35/2.8 (and zoom CY 28-85). Theyre all different and great in their own ways, but nothing is similar to that Sonnar.

Mar 01, 2014 at 09:03 PM
Tjgator

p.127 #5 · RX1(R) Image Thread

zhangyue, those photos are just sublime. Very well done!

Mar 01, 2014 at 09:09 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.127 #6 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I don't want overload this thread, but have to say I shoot about 75% of images by using RX1 in China, and I have M9 and A7 with a bunch of lens with me. the combo definitely beat anything in terms of usability and outcomes. But this is very subjective feeling. And I recommend people have a mindset to adjust yourself to suit tool but not other way around.
at the initial stage of RX1 thread, you can find I am pretty negative about it though I always admire its output from the beginning. I went in for the reason of travelling and its more attractive price now. But TBH, now I feel it deserve its full asking price.
I don't find I use A7's flip LCD much, and I don't mint add on EVF at all if not extra price reason. In term of AF, I don't think faster as A7 doing is enough difference to let it do anything fancier than now. 36M won't bring me into MKIi, so if you ask me, don't wait. I don't know it can be improved to make me want spend extra $$$ to upgrade.
35mm at f2 is very good balance in term of focus sensitivity so I can afford to not nail the focus 100% but get the moment right especially at 3m+ distance to make it perfect family camera as well. Learn to use it well
on mobile, sorry for typo.
thanks for all nice words and likes, I appreciate.

Mar 01, 2014 at 10:24 PM
darrellc
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.127 #7 · RX1(R) Image Thread

More kids with RX1 pics

DSC03658 by DarrellC, on Flickr

DSC03683 by DarrellC, on Flickr

DSC03711 by DarrellC, on Flickr

Mar 01, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Tjgator

p.127 #8 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Nice work Darrell. If only the AF were a little snappier, I don't think there would be a better carry-everywhere camera for taking candid shots of kids.

Mar 02, 2014 at 12:02 AM
darrellc
• •
p.127 #9 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Tjgator - I wish it were faster as well. Probably a lot of glass to push around in that lens. At least it is dead accurate once it acquires focus. The A7 with FE 35/2.8 focuses faster but...

One more of my daughter:

DSC03626 by DarrellC, on Flickr

Mar 02, 2014 at 12:06 AM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.127 #10 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Jochenb wrote:
Yes I sometimes do and I'm well aware of the fact that people might not like it. But like Michael says: there are different ways of bringing it. There's a difference between saying "IMHO the photo would look nicer if..." and "this is so wrong".

I never said "this is so wrong" and all I said was I thought the colors were over baked. Hardly disrespectful. I then mentioned my opinion that there is a trend in photography and nature videos to over-saturate colors. Not disrespectful and about photography in general. My original posts are still there unedited and not like Michael's, who totally removed his offensive tirade against me. Then mentions in his next post that he is open to criticism and how it is all about respect. What a joke. Why did you go back and remove your nasty comments, they are still there if people want to hit the previous version button and see your great reception to criticism.

Millsart, it does not piss me off so go ahead. I already have to filter through a lot of non-inspiring stuff in this forum to find and appreciate the good stuff.

Mar 02, 2014 at 04:21 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

zhangyue
• • • •
p.127 #11 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Per your request, I put them back. Why I remove it? because I want put some cloth back to you sorry about another bad humor make you think it is offensive

wayne seltzer wrote:
Millsart, it does not piss me off so go ahead. I already have to filter through a lot of non-inspiring stuff in this forum to find and appreciate the good stuff.

My eyes wait till 'bleeding' to see your 'inspiring' stuff, maybe I should go to 'net' to seek those over saturated iphone pics to get inspiration than waiting for your stuff. I feel sick to see your rude comment one after another. You even ask people post less pic, and keep the 'high' stand of this thread, obvious, you did first part of it with almost no pic to keep it high standard SH

You can count me this time, the post won't be removed unless Fred want me to do so.

Respect? depend who I am dealing with. Your comment after comment can only disclose yourself unhealthy self-esteem, that is it, nothing else.

Edited on Mar 02, 2014 at 08:32 AM · View previous versions

Mar 02, 2014 at 06:32 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.127 #12 · RX1(R) Image Thread

BTW, I am following Millsart's suggestion, above images do have a few click more saturation.

Mar 02, 2014 at 06:42 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.127 #13 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Mar 02, 2014 at 09:46 AM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.127 #14 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Well, I started this thread over 14 months ago when the RX1 first came out and a time when quite a few forum members were saying this was a bad camera and even were doubting the lens. I saw promise in the earliest review shots and bought it and have enjoyed it since. I posted more in the early days when I had more time but now my crazy work schedule right now keeps me from having anytime to process and post any of my work right now. I would like to thank long time thread contributors like Charles, Helena, and Jochen who have not only treated me with respect but also inspire me with their work and have made me feel welcome here. Too bad some recent entrants can try to ruin all that for me in a thread I started and was an early contributor to.
I also see sharing thoughts on photography and discussing things is not allowed here in this forum.
And volume posting always wins out here in many ways.
Still enjoying my RX1and glad others do too. Cheers!

Mar 02, 2014 at 01:23 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.127 #15 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Wayne, this makes no sense. You were the one who strongly worded a criticism of Michael's sunset shot, before anything else had happened, and you followed up with a string of fairly aggressive and provocative responses. I enjoy your work, but your phrasing could use some fine-tuning.

Mar 02, 2014 at 05:14 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.127 #16 · RX1(R) Image Thread

wayne, i'm sorry the thread isn't turning out as you envisioned, but i think you are being a little oversensitive in general here.

i thought your initial criticism was not out of line, but difficult for anyone to understand unless they had been following previous discussions in other threads with andrew (snowboarder) about post processing. likewise i thought michael's initial response was perfectly reasonable. your second post was definitely more provocative though, and he responded in turn.

with regard to people being more sensitive to criticism of color than sharpening, i think that's because sharpening is mostly a technical issue (and a rather difficult one that most people don't know much about) while color is mostly an artistic issue. criticizing color is basically criticizing one's artistic vision while criticizing sharpness usually is a discussion of how to use pp software.

Mar 02, 2014 at 06:11 PM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.127 #17 · RX1(R) Image Thread

carstenw wrote:
Wayne, this makes no sense. You were the one who strongly worded a criticism of Michael's sunset shot, before anything else had happened, and you followed up with a string of fairly aggressive and provocative responses. I enjoy your work, but your phrasing could use some fine-tuning.

So by commenting about someone's image having over-baked colors that gives them the right to post a bunch of nasty personal comments and lots of sarcastic remarks about my photography and how my lack of posting has helped the thread? And other rude comments about my self esteem. Is that really nesessary? My 2 nd comments about over use of saturation in photography was more a general topic of discussion that I don't see as such a bad thing to discuss. When does processing a landscape type image so much that it becomes unnatural looking and not a photograph anymore but a Photoshop creation? What do you think the fine line is personally? What about over-saturation being considered a crutch?
So next time I will clearly state when I am talking about a more general topic and make sure my comments on the general topic are clearly stated as relevant to the general topic only and separate from any comment I made previously about a persons image.
Luckily in all the years I have been in this forum I have never had an exchange like this with such a rude person as him like this.
Glad you enjoy my work, sorry you found my comments provocative. Sorry you don't see how personally rude and attacking were Michael's comments.

Mar 02, 2014 at 11:10 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.127 #18 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Chill guys, it's just photography

Mar 02, 2014 at 11:16 PM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.127 #19 · RX1(R) Image Thread

sebboh wrote:
wayne, i'm sorry the thread isn't turning out as you envisioned, but i think you are being a little oversensitive in general here.

i thought your initial criticism was not out of line, but difficult for anyone to understand unless they had been following previous discussions in other threads with andrew (snowboarder) about post processing. likewise i thought michael's initial response was perfectly reasonable. your second post was definitely more provocative though, and he responded in turn.

with regard to people being more sensitive to criticism of color than sharpening, i think that's because sharpening is mostly a technical issue (and a
...Show more
Amount of sharpening is still a subjective thing which you could also say is part of the artists vision and when it gets to be too much then people will criticize it for being too crunchy. But I get what you are saying.
Anyway, thanks for discussing it civilly and keep on posting and enjoying your RX1.

Mar 02, 2014 at 11:28 PM
wiseguy010
• • •
p.127 #20 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I am going to sit down with some beer and chips and see how this ends.

I can understand Wayne's first remark about the saturation, although I think it is a very nice picture. I think Wayne just used one incorrect word in his comments ("over-baked") that caused all this fuss.

Apart from the last few more or less offensive posts I think this thread is one of the best in the alt-forum. Many beautiful pictures made with a great camera/lens.

Mar 02, 2014 at 11:35 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password