Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              125      
126
       127              165       166       end
  

RX1(R) Image Thread
  
 
zhangyue
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.126 #1 · p.126 #1 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Derek, #1 is fantastic.

Mystery night











and firework watching at Chinese new year.
Again ISO6400 f2 and push another stop in post







Feb 25, 2014 at 05:43 PM
canerino
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.126 #2 · p.126 #2 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Ninth birthday.








Feb 26, 2014 at 01:06 AM
zhangyue
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.126 #3 · p.126 #3 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Saw the dramatic sky on my way home, park the car, do a quick snap.

abandoned Sofa









Feb 26, 2014 at 05:33 PM
Ronny _Olsson
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.126 #4 · p.126 #4 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Michael: Wow !


Feb 26, 2014 at 08:32 PM
teseg
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.126 #5 · p.126 #5 · RX1(R) Image Thread


I'm glad people are still loving their RX1s after a year or more. I'm not sure of a situation where I would sell it. Just some really excellent images continue to be posted. I'm still working through some images from a trip to China I took a couple months back. I look forward to returning in April. Such rich content in Asia.


A Bridge Too Far by TE Segletes, on Flickr

-Tom



Feb 27, 2014 at 03:03 AM
wayne seltzer
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.126 #6 · p.126 #6 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Tom, beautiful shot from China. Keep them coming!

Michael, that over-baked color in that last one makes Snowboarder's images look monochrome.



Feb 27, 2014 at 05:32 AM
zhangyue
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.126 #7 · p.126 #7 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Tom, beautiful BW image from Shanghai.

wayne seltzer wrote:
Michael, that over-baked color in that last one makes Snowboarder's images look monochrome.


Wayne, over-baked? maybe to some. Sometime, I guess photographer was the one decide what they saw and what they want present. The dramatic orange/red sky dominate the scene, make all other color spectrum pale, that is the message I want to pass through the image.

I tried several versions before this one, I feel maybe it is too intensive but nevertheless decide to pass it. Which Andrew's image you refer? it must be great. Would love to see more 'monochrome' work from people here.

f4.5






f2.5










f4






Zero or close to zero crop, Qingdao. I posted a few similar ones with 50lux and M9, even I prefer M9 in this case for manual than AF of RX1, (wish I had 35mm instead of 50lux) at the middle of process, it frozen, so RX1 had to take over.



Feb 27, 2014 at 03:22 PM
Jochenb
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.126 #8 · p.126 #8 · RX1(R) Image Thread


It's hard to argue about over-cooked colors, because that's always a matter of personal preference/taste.
Nice seagull shots Michael, the second one is my favorite.



Feb 27, 2014 at 04:00 PM
wayne seltzer
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.126 #9 · p.126 #9 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Michael, of course you can over-saturate all your images as much as you want.
There are many things in processing an image that are subjective but can be over done. Like sharpening, at some point it gets oversharpened and too not natural. Seems like people are less likely to take sharpening too far than color saturation and it seems more ok to tell someone it is over sharpened than over saturated and less likely for the photographer to get defensive.
There is a definite trend in amateur photography and even nature shows on tv to over saturate the colors. People take pictures of sunsets with their iphone and then use a simple app to super saturate the colors and the post it on the net and some people think it is beautiful. Sorry, not me. At some point it becomes a unnatural creation in Photoshop. As a coworker tells me, the oversaturation of color makes his eyes bleed.
It is easy to say that adding lots of color saturation is a crutch just as people have said about bokeh and over use of shallow DOF.
These are just my thoughts on the subject and plenty of people will disagree with me.
I always want to know if people think my images are not real looking because I have over processed something. I won't get offended and I want people to think my images are natural and not Photoshop creations.



Feb 28, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Jochenb
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.126 #10 · p.126 #10 · RX1(R) Image Thread


I understand your opinion Wayne. I often don't like overcooked colors myself, but I respect the personal preference of the photographer. It's not like they force you to like their photo, just carry on when it's not your taste. A nice thing about photography is to see all these different styles. It makes it more diverse. In the end there's no wrong or right IMHO. It's not exact science.
Btw, I think it's because these are image and not critique threads that many people don't appreciate criticism.

Edited on Feb 28, 2014 at 02:05 PM · View previous versions



Feb 28, 2014 at 01:59 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



rdcny
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.126 #11 · p.126 #11 · RX1(R) Image Thread


iso 3200





3200 asa...at the Burger King




Feb 28, 2014 at 02:03 PM
zhangyue
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.126 #12 · p.126 #12 · RX1(R) Image Thread


wayne seltzer wrote:
Michael, of course you can over-saturate all your images as much as you want.


Did I?

There are many things in processing an image that are subjective but can be over done. Like sharpening, at some point it gets oversharpened and too not natural.

Let me ask you one question: what do you look for in images posted here? Fault? I would not. Why I like some images here? Not because they are the way I wanted or they process to my like, but because I learn thing from them, I am looking for positive thing to improve my vision and skill.

Seems like people are less likely to take sharpening too far than color saturation and it seems more ok to tell someone it is over sharpened than over saturated and less likely for the photographer to get defensive.

Defensive? I think I have been as polite as I can. If you say: Michael, I feel your above image is over-saturated. I, of course welcome your criticism, I will explain my thought, or might even agree with you and may decide redo it. But not like: Hi, Wayne, your comments sound stupid or Your colorless images make me sleep….
Is the image oversaturated, maybe. But for 20-30 mins PP in LR, I of course can overdone it or if I do it again in another day, it will be totally different image. But I think the reason I want share the image is dramatic sunset which I don’t see every day. That is why I share it even not totally happy with the PP.

There is a definite trend in amateur photography and even nature shows on tv to over saturate the colors. People take pictures of sunsets with their iphone and then use a simple app to super saturate the colors and the post it on the net and some people think it is beautiful. Sorry, not me. At some point it becomes a unnatural creation in Photoshop.

What are you trying to imply? Standing up there and comment everyone else work is oversaturated or crunch sharpness? I would suggest you think differently, do you see anything interesting from those ‘overcooked’ image, can you learn something new from them? How about content, composition, lighting? I have learned so many things from younger generation in flickr as I feel they are very talented. They don’t give a dime about rule or what you think, they create thing for themselves.

As a coworker tells me, the oversaturation of color makes his eyes bleed.

Coworker? Who is your coworker? Why we care his opinion?

It is easy to say that adding lots of color saturation is a crutch just as people have said about bokeh and over use of shallow DOF.

Again, there were no overuses anything. Overuse is subjective term. For example, Thorsten Overgaard only use Leica WO, I don’t feel he overdid it. It is his style. There is no overuse or not but how you use it. Same with color and sharpness… You are yourself.

These are just my thoughts on the subject and plenty of people will disagree with me.

You can count me here

always want to know if people think my images are not real looking because I have over processed something. I won't get offended and I want people to think my images are natural and not Photoshop creations.

Here are two thing:
One, Good to hear that you are open to criticism. But I guess it will depend on how we critic your images
2nd, Real? I don’t give a dime about real. Is Tri-X real? velvia real? Or portra real? Which photographer is famous because his work ‘real’ ? I desperate need ‘one’ example. I think I mentioned before: a 3D garbage can is still a garbage can. I am tired to see more realness since I am seeing it 16 hours a day, 365days a year. Bring me something unreal
Now more images in image thread.

A few mins later








Edited on Mar 02, 2014 at 06:16 AM · View previous versions



Feb 28, 2014 at 06:24 PM
millsart
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.126 #13 · p.126 #13 · RX1(R) Image Thread


I'm going to start raising the saturation a few clicks on purpose now, just because I know it pisses people off

Not that I like pissing most people off mind you, but if there are people who are actually bothered by how other people like process their own work, well then....those people maybe deserve to be pissed off and I hope my over saturated "fake" images drive them up the wall



Feb 28, 2014 at 06:54 PM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.126 #14 · p.126 #14 · RX1(R) Image Thread


great shots tom and michael!

color looks great to me michael but the mountains being much darker at the top than the bottom really bothers me. is that due to a grad filter in post or local contrast enhancement? the sofa really makes the shot imo btw.

with regard to color in general i often find i need to desaturate in post with the rx1 as i did in this stitch:

point reyes pano by sebboh, on Flickr




Feb 28, 2014 at 08:23 PM
Tjgator
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.126 #15 · p.126 #15 · RX1(R) Image Thread


RX1 - Straight out of the camera jpeg


DSC04466 by msubadger, on Flickr



Feb 28, 2014 at 10:41 PM
teseg
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.126 #16 · p.126 #16 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Thanks Wayne, Michael and sebboh.
The RX1 sure does provide a lot of color.
Tjgator... nice color in the shot of the little one and nice separation. A bit of cropping? So much for the RX1 being a bad camera if you have children...



Feb 28, 2014 at 11:18 PM
zhangyue
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.126 #17 · p.126 #17 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Tjgator wrote:

RX1 - Straight out of the camera jpeg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7354/12825785783_a783a58111_b.jpg
DSC04466 by msubadger, on Flickr

She looks so sweet the image has soul.

Derek, Yes, I guess that is from digital ND filter. I will work on another version to improve it. It is a tough one as DR is huge.



Feb 28, 2014 at 11:31 PM
rdcny
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.126 #18 · p.126 #18 · RX1(R) Image Thread


from the Orchid show at the New York Botanical Garden here in the Bronx (NYC)...at 1600asa





1600asa...




Mar 01, 2014 at 02:08 AM
wayne seltzer
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.126 #19 · p.126 #19 · RX1(R) Image Thread


Jochenb wrote:
I understand your opinion Wayne. I often don't like overcooked colors myself, but I respect the personal preference of the photographer. It's not like they force you to like their photo, just carry on when it's not your taste. A nice thing about photography is to see all these different styles. It makes it more diverse. In the end there's no wrong or right IMHO. It's not exact science.
Btw, I think it's because these are image and not critique threads that many people don't appreciate criticism.

I understand people can do what they want.
I have seen you and others give critique/feedback on others work here. Derek, just did it here on this page and it was taken a lot differently. I have seen plenty of instances of feedback on others images in this forum and I think one can just respond saying, thanks but I disagree , and move on.



Mar 01, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Jochenb
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.126 #20 · p.126 #20 · RX1(R) Image Thread


wayne seltzer wrote:
I understand people can do what they want.
I have seen you and others give critique/feedback on others work here. Derek, just did it here on this page and it was taken a lot differently. I have seen plenty of instances of feedback on others images in this forum and I think one can just respond saying, thanks but I disagree , and move on.


Yes I sometimes do and I'm well aware of the fact that people might not like it. But like Michael says: there are different ways of bringing it. There's a difference between saying "IMHO the photo would look nicer if..." and "this is so wrong".



Mar 01, 2014 at 01:56 PM
1       2       3              125      
126
       127              165       166       end




FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              125      
126
       127              165       166       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password