Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              122      
       124              157       158       end

RX1(R) Image Thread

HelenaN
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.123 #1 · p.123 #1 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Thank you! It is surprisingly versatile and the files are stunning. I just wish it were a bit more responsive and that the daylight AWB were more to my liking, but I don't think I can sell it. I have had it for 13 months now btw..

Feb 09, 2014 at 07:01 PM
R.Young
• • •
p.123 #2 · p.123 #2 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Yeah, I can't see Sony really having to release an update for it as there is nothing like it on the market. Price doesn't seem to have budged at all though. Might have to get one from the US or something...

Feb 09, 2014 at 07:23 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.123 #3 · p.123 #3 · RX1(R) Image Thread

R.Young wrote:
Yeah, I can't see Sony really having to release an update for it as there is nothing like it on the market. Price doesn't seem to have budged at all though. Might have to get one from the US or something...

that's unfortunate, on the used market in the US you can get them for nearly half list price with a little waiting, especially now that the a7(r) is out.

here's a few more available darkness shots from my walk home:

Feb 09, 2014 at 07:40 PM
R.Young
• • •
p.123 #4 · p.123 #4 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Yeah, I could just about include the flights in the price it would cost to get it from the US Vs the UK!

Feb 09, 2014 at 07:50 PM
Jochenb
• • •
p.123 #5 · p.123 #5 · RX1(R) Image Thread

R.Young wrote:
Yeah, I could just about include the flights in the price it would cost to get it from the US Vs the UK!

Yes you could, but keep in mind that you wouldn't have warranty in Europe.
It sure is a fantastic camera. I only wish it had faster AF and smaller AF points. The IQ is stellar.

Feb 09, 2014 at 08:10 PM
R.Young
• • •
p.123 #6 · p.123 #6 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Yep, fully appreciate that, but usually buy all my camera stuff second hand so warranties have never been a thing for me. I do get that the RX1 is not as user serviceable as a MF lens though...

Feb 09, 2014 at 09:13 PM
HelenaN
• • •
p.123 #7 · p.123 #7 · RX1(R) Image Thread

From a small forest a short walk our house (#3 is with the Ricoh GW3 wide angle converter):

Feb 10, 2014 at 09:14 AM
Jochenb
• • •
p.123 #8 · p.123 #8 · RX1(R) Image Thread

That last one is a good example of how well the lens handles extremely difficult backgrounds. There's no other 35mm lens on the market that's able to do it as smooth.

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:41 AM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.123 #9 · p.123 #9 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Jochenb wrote:
That last one is a good example of how well the lens handles extremely difficult backgrounds. There's no other 35mm lens on the market that's able to do it as smooth.

The Otus 55/1.4 handles difficult backgrounds pretty well too. :-)

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Jochenb
• • •
p.123 #10 · p.123 #10 · RX1(R) Image Thread

wayne seltzer wrote:
The Otus 55/1.4 handles difficult backgrounds pretty well too. :-)

... but that's not a 35mm lens (I meant the focal length)

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

HelenaN
• • •
p.123 #11 · p.123 #11 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Jochen, I agree.

Sorry to bombard this thread with photos, but I finally found a little time to do catching up (I didn't post at all for a few months). I'll stop soon. From a glorious day of ice-skating:

Ice-skating on lake Benna by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Another ice crack by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Edited on Feb 10, 2014 at 11:08 AM · View previous versions

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:05 AM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.123 #12 · p.123 #12 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Jochenb wrote:
... but that's not a 35mm lens (I meant the focal length)

Ah. OK. Only competitor I can think of would be m 35 lux maybe. But I like my RX1.

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:06 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.123 #13 · p.123 #13 · RX1(R) Image Thread

tulaev wrote:
Why? Tell us more, please. Great photos, especially the first one!

With RX1 in hand you should not even ask

OK! I will try:

1. WO for landscape. This is great for hand holding at difficult light. It adds lot of freedom.
2. Great sensor for low light, sometime, I want deep DOF that force me shoot at f5.6~f8, that means in China haze/cloudy day, I am shooting 1/80 at above ISO800 at day time, with Leica M9, I limit myself above f2.8 or f4, if I do it at f8, IQ suffer too much. RX1 doesn't have this issue.
3. Great color, I feel this camera has noticeable better color than A7, more robust with PP, but plz don't let me prove it
4. Composition freedom, This is essentially the benefit of P&S with LCD compose, I don't need put camera on face, sometime, actually, a lot of time, I did stretch my arm to get the shot I want.
5. Pocket-able, It is always in my pocket.
6. shutter, leaf shutter, this is the most impressive feature. It melt my heart. I can handhold shooting better with it. I can shoot people in face without getting caught.

What do you expect more for a tool?

At top of huangshan, China, I see many photographers having big gun in hand. I keep joking with my wife that don't let the look fool you, my little one has better IQ than theirs

Qingdao, China

Feb 11, 2014 at 07:26 AM
Jochenb
• • •
p.123 #14 · p.123 #14 · RX1(R) Image Thread

zhangyue wrote:
At top of huangshan, China, I see many photographers having big gun in hand. I keep joking with my wife that don't let the look fool you, my little one has better IQ than theirs

He he, people indeed have no idea about how good the little thing is. I sometimes get asked if I want to use someone's DSLR for a moment. Old cheap entry level ones. That's one of the things I like about the RX1.

Feb 11, 2014 at 09:01 AM
HelenaN
• • •
p.123 #15 · p.123 #15 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Ha ha, I experienced some of that in Peru too, from other people in our group. I had brought both Fuji X-E1 and RX1 and a few times when people saw me picking up RX1 for a shot they asked why I didn't use my "real camera" instead.

Feb 11, 2014 at 06:43 PM
Ronny _Olsson
• • • •
p.123 #16 · p.123 #16 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Great shot Helena and Michael

Feb 11, 2014 at 06:47 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.123 #17 · p.123 #17 · RX1(R) Image Thread

helena that's some magnificent looking ice. i've never see it so clear looking when it's that thick. love the forest shots too.

wayne seltzer wrote:
Ah. OK. Only competitor I can think of would be m 35 lux maybe. But I like my RX1.

the m luxes definitely have worse bokeh, particularly at longer focus distances. i think the cron asph comes closer, but still not quite as nice.

michael i agree on all points.

some miscellaneous shots:
first one is very much like a previous one i posted, i think i like this add better though...

Feb 11, 2014 at 07:09 PM
Phillip Reeve
• • •
p.123 #18 · p.123 #18 · RX1(R) Image Thread

sebboh wrote:
first one is very much like a previous one i posted, i think i like this add better though...
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3718/12463821004_1f430850e2_o.jpg

the US are really scary at times

Feb 11, 2014 at 07:22 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.123 #19 · p.123 #19 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Phillip Reeve wrote:
the US are really scary at times

the las vegas airport definitely wins the prize for creepiest airport i've been to. you have to think of vegas as sort of a theme park. an automatic weapon themed wedding seems more unique than being married by elvis. i don't really want to get this topic started on FM again, but i'm told that american gun ranges like that one do a huge amount of business off of tourists from countries (and other states) with more restrictive gun laws coming for the chance to play with the guns. sorta like americans going on "pilgrimages" to amsterdam for various drugs.

on that note, here is a picture of a duck:

Feb 11, 2014 at 08:51 PM
HelenaN
• • •
p.123 #20 · p.123 #20 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Thanks sebboh and Ronny!

Michael, very nice color tones and atmosphere.

sebboh, love the photo of the trees with ivy on them. I'm envious of your type of forests and all the fog you seem to have. Funny duck shot above.

Feb 11, 2014 at 09:34 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password