Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              119      
       121              165       166       end

RX1(R) Image Thread

dovey
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.120 #1 · p.120 #1 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Good morning Helena,
You continue to amaze me. I am very confused by those photos, how were they taken? Are you using the "macro" facility of the RX1?
Have you got a photo that shows the context of those images?

Jan 26, 2014 at 09:45 PM
HelenaN
• • •
p.120 #2 · p.120 #2 · RX1(R) Image Thread

dovey wrote:
Good morning Helena,
You continue to amaze me. I am very confused by those photos, how were they taken? Are you using the "macro" facility of the RX1?
Have you got a photo that shows the context of those images?

Thank you for the kind words (and everyone for the likes). The cracks are relatively big and many go straight across the lake, so I just bent down and took a shot here and there when I saw something interesting. The "scene" in #2 was probably about 20cm across and the last one half a meter or so. No macro setting needed. Unfortunately I didn't take any over-views, but if I go there again I'll see if I can come up with something.

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.120 #3 · p.120 #3 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Extremely interesting and beautiful photographs Helena!

Jan 27, 2014 at 02:09 AM
millsart
• • • • •
p.120 #4 · p.120 #4 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Awesome photos Helena! I think if I was on some ice and it cracked under me I'd be hightailing it for dry land and not taking pictures, no matter how cool the crack looks.

Guess maybe if its thick enough it can crack and not pose a risk for safety ?

Jan 27, 2014 at 02:19 AM
Brody LeBlanc
• • •
p.120 #5 · p.120 #5 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Kris-04537b by brodyl.91, on Flickr

Jan 27, 2014 at 03:46 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.120 #6 · p.120 #6 · RX1(R) Image Thread

a couple of wide open snaps:

edit: the second one is actually an art piece by my daughter entitled things i picked up, performed a soliloquy with, and then set in front of my father.

Jan 27, 2014 at 04:50 AM
Brody LeBlanc
• • •
p.120 #7 · p.120 #7 · RX1(R) Image Thread

plates-04523-2b by brodyl.91, on Flickr

boxer-04359 by brodyl.91, on Flickr

Jan 27, 2014 at 05:50 AM
tulaev

p.120 #8 · p.120 #8 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Helena, your winter pictures are beautiful! But I still prefer summer...

Some pics from Tenerife:

Jan 27, 2014 at 05:52 AM
tulaev

p.120 #9 · p.120 #9 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Pano of La Gomera.

4 shots, handheld, from moving vessel.

Jan 27, 2014 at 06:00 AM
HelenaN
• • •
p.120 #10 · p.120 #10 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Thank you Tariq, tulaev and millsart!

millsart wrote:
Awesome photos Helena! I think if I was on some ice and it cracked under me I'd be hightailing it for dry land and not taking pictures, no matter how cool the crack looks.

Guess maybe if its thick enough it can crack and not pose a risk for safety ?

Yes, that is correct. The cold weather is causing tensions in the ice which makes it crack by itself or when you walk/skate on it. It sounds awesome (a deep and loud boom that you can actually feel) and even though I know there's no danger it still is a bit scary when it happens under your feet.

tualev, that looks wonderful. I'm envious...

Jan 27, 2014 at 09:48 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.120 #11 · p.120 #11 · RX1(R) Image Thread

HelenaN wrote:
Thank you Tariq, tulaev and millsart!

Yes, that is correct. The cold weather is causing tensions in the ice which makes it crack by itself or when you walk/skate on it. It sounds awesome (a deep and loud boom that you can actually feel) and even though I know there's no danger it still is a bit scary when it happens under your feet.

tualev, that looks wonderful. I'm envious...

When you have your exhibit of this ice "tension" series, you can have the recorded sounds of the ice cracking playing in the background.

Jan 27, 2014 at 02:45 PM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.120 #12 · p.120 #12 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Nice ice images Helena, I like the 2nd and 4th ones the best. Reminds me of good times skating and playing hockey back east growing up. This winter in California has been extremely warm and very dry. Only 5 inches of rain total in the last year only. Fruit trees here are already thinking its spring and blooming already. Good to see some snowy images as we have none here in Tahoe to ski on. Still buried with work, but look forward to getting time to process and post some images.

Jan 27, 2014 at 05:14 PM
HelenaN
• • •
p.120 #13 · p.120 #13 · RX1(R) Image Thread

That's an interesting idea Tariq.

Thank you Wayne! How nice to "hear" from you. Sorry to hear about the drought. Hope it won't cause problems the coming summer. It's been a very strange winter here as well. Just a little snow in October and since then nothing. It's cold though and unfortunately one storm after the other. I can't recall to have experienced such a winter before.

Jan 27, 2014 at 05:54 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.120 #14 · p.120 #14 · RX1(R) Image Thread

wayne seltzer wrote:
Nice ice images Helena, I like the 2nd and 4th ones the best. Reminds me of good times skating and playing hockey back east growing up. This winter in California has been extremely warm and very dry. Only 5 inches of rain total in the last year only. Fruit trees here are already thinking its spring and blooming already. Good to see some snowy images as we have none here in Tahoe to ski on. Still buried with work, but look forward to getting time to process and post some images.

yeah, it seems likely we are going to have a terrible drought this year.

also, my only weekend this entire winter to go skiing is this coming weekend but instead of snow we have this:

Jan 27, 2014 at 09:51 PM
HelenaN
• • •
p.120 #15 · p.120 #15 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Very pretty sebboh (both the flowers and the photo)! It's really too bad about the seasons being off though. The drought continues here and in short time we have had two big fires. The strong winds make matters even worse. Scary.

From one thing to another; now when my GR is away for repair I'll give the gw3 converter another try on RX1.

Jan 29, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Rob Tomlin

p.120 #16 · p.120 #16 · RX1(R) Image Thread

I'm loving this camera! Dynamic range is definitely better than my D700.

Feb 02, 2014 at 02:10 AM
HelenaN
• • •
p.120 #17 · p.120 #17 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Before the weekend a photo friend and I went back to the lake with the ice cracks, where I had an accident and ruined Fuji X-E1, its 14mm lens and my relatively new Samsung smart phone... Didn't hurt myself though, so things could be worse. Anyway, until Ricoh GR comes back from repair (it just stopped working, not my fault ) RX1 is my only camera.

On top of this the sun came out making it difficult to avoid reflections, which much limited the composition and subject choices, but here are a few shots:

Froze rope by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Another frozen leaf by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Ice bubbles by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Leaf decaying inside ice by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Feb 02, 2014 at 06:25 AM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.120 #18 · p.120 #18 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Helena, sorry to hear about your accident at the lake but glad you are ok. I like the last image the best of this set.
Derek, hope you were able to go skiing since they got a little snow the other day.
Rob, welcome, and congrats on your new RX1!

Feb 02, 2014 at 09:03 AM
mcbroomf
• • • •
p.120 #19 · p.120 #19 · RX1(R) Image Thread

Great photos Helena, I think the 2nd set tops the 1st ...

Mike

Feb 02, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.120 #20 · p.120 #20 · RX1(R) Image Thread

HelenaN wrote:
Before the weekend a photo friend and I went back to the lake with the ice cracks, where I had an accident and ruined Fuji X-E1, its 14mm lens and my relatively new Samsung smart phone... Didn't hurt myself though, so things could be worse.

Ouch! That's terrible but thankfully you didn't get hurt.

Feb 02, 2014 at 02:07 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password