New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Radio Popper Question

StowePhoto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Radio Popper Question

Forgive me if this is very simple and I am just not getting it.

I have just purchased a set of RP JRx triggers, receivers and cubes from here on the FM buy+sell forum. My plan is to use them for various portrait scenarios. The draw to these was the ability to dial up or down the flash output power right from the transmitter on the camera. There appear to be three power adjustment knobs on the transmitter on camera. I can't seem to figure out how to push up the power on one flash, say the key light flash, and dial down the flash on the second speedlight. Right now it seems to me that when I adjust one of the power knobs, it is controlling both the flash units the same.

Am I missing something super simple in how to do this?

Nov 25, 2012 at 09:03 AM
kenyee
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Radio Popper Question

On the receiver, two of the dip switches are used for setting the group. Each knob controls a group. You can have groups A,B,C.

Put one receiver on group A and one on group B. You have both on group A...

Nov 25, 2012 at 06:45 PM
StowePhoto
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Radio Popper Question

Thank you.

Nov 25, 2012 at 08:20 PM
saelee
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Radio Popper Question

Here is another tip, make a print out of the layout of the dip switch and leave it in your camera bag.

Also I label my receiver A, B, C, that way I know which one is which without having to figure out what the dip switch mean. Also it helps when you are working with an assistant, they can easily see which light is which.

Nov 27, 2012 at 01:59 AM
kenyee
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Radio Popper Question

saelee wrote:
Here is another tip, make a print out of the layout of the dip switch and leave it in your camera bag./quote]

If you have a smartphone, grab the free radiopopper jrx app..it'll always be with you and won't be misplaced

Nov 27, 2012 at 07:56 AM
saelee
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Radio Popper Question

kenyee wrote:
If you have a smartphone, grab the free radiopopper jrx app..it'll always be with you and won't be misplaced

THANK YOU!

I didn't know there was an app.

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:46 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.