Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · D700 - stuck autofocus point

davidkbrown

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · D700 - stuck autofocus point

Quick question - while shooting a local jiujitsu tournament yesterday, my autofocus point decided to "stick" in the top left corner and has decided it doesn't feel like moving anywhere else. I tried removing the lens and trying a different one to rule out a dusty contact issue, but it happens on the other lenses as well.

Any ideas? I'd like to avoid sending 'er away for repair, or buying a whole new body

Gear setup at the time of the failure: D700 / 50mm 1.8 AF-D / MB-D10 grip (OEM)

Nov 25, 2012 at 01:38 PM
ka1axy

p.1 #2 · D700 - stuck autofocus point

Locked? (Ring around the 4-way switch on the back)
I leave my focus point in the center and the ring is always on L. Maybe move the ring a few times and see if it unlocks?

Nov 25, 2012 at 01:45 PM
Ian Boys
• • •
p.1 #3 · D700 - stuck autofocus point

prob the lock.

Nov 25, 2012 at 02:17 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

davidkbrown

p.1 #4 · D700 - stuck autofocus point

WOW I feel like an idiot now That's exactly what it was. I never use that switch, and I must have knocked it at some point while working my way through the crowds. Thank you internet!

Nov 25, 2012 at 03:01 PM
joshn
• •
p.1 #5 · D700 - stuck autofocus point

davidkbrown wrote:
WOW I feel like an idiot now That's exactly what it was. I never use that switch, and I must have knocked it at some point while working my way through the crowds. Thank you internet!

This happened to me once as well, and just like you I was so confused. I was so happy it was an easy fix

Nov 25, 2012 at 05:36 PM
ka1axy

p.1 #6 · D700 - stuck autofocus point

I was confused when the AF point moved...until I read TFM and learned that the 4-way switch moves it when in single point AF mode...that's why it stays locked :-)

Nov 25, 2012 at 06:45 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password