Upload & Sell: On
| p.1 #2 · First E-Session Piedmont Park |
First...my standard intro to anyone "new" to me on this forum...
My comments or suggestions below are not a criticism of you, your model, your talent or skill. I offer them in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you with a second POV and set of eyes. If you read sincere questions and simple suggestions as "criticism" of you, then you will miss how I am trying to help you.
Of course this may be your own "style" or your own "vision" and I suppose we can assume that the images look just like they do because that is exactly how you like them. That is OK too. It just shows that there are differences of "opinion" on what looks good. IF these are exactly what you want and like, then by all means continue making your images look like that and have fun doing it. I can only speak for myself and what I do or do not find appealing in the posted photos. As I always say: "Follow your own muse."
(NOTE: the numbers below are for my observations, not the image number)
1. In general I think you should get closer, as most of these shots are taken from distance
2. In general, I think most of the photos are not flattering to the woman, or her face is not shown well because of your POV or moment or her pose
3. In general, it appears that you put a lot of emphasis on the location and leading lines and "frames" for the couple, but not enough to the people (see point 2 above). Example, see images 5, 7, 8, 10 and look at the woman's face in those images. Notice what we see or don't see of her face.
4. The brightly colored leaves draw my eye away from the people
5. Some shots are so distant to the couple that it looks like you are avoiding getting close to them (images 5 and 8 for examples)
6. Several shots have an obvious TILT to them (I don't care for it as shown here)
7. There is a bike tire in foreground (very distracting element in the image)
8. In one image there is "too much wall, too little people).
9. There are distracting visual elements in several images (see image 6, and notice the man's face, what little is shown of it) that overpower the people (the gate design above their heads).
10. What do I like in these images? I like the figures (how her figure is shown) in image 9 and how the faces are shown in image 11.
11. IF I had to pick one image from this set, I would pick image 11.
I hope these comments help you.