Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Last of the Fall Colors

Camperjim
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Last of the Fall Colors

I pretty much missed the fall colors this year. I was in the desert southwest when fall hit most of the country. Then I had a rapid drive across country and hurricane Sandy hit. There is not much color left. I finally found some and pumped it up ... maybe too much.

Canon EOS REBEL T3i    EF-S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II lens    100mm    f/13.0    1/80s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Nov 24, 2012 at 06:36 AM
Oregon Gal
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Last of the Fall Colors

I like them both but I like #2 better. I might like to see the greens toned down a little though.

Nov 24, 2012 at 07:03 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Last of the Fall Colors

There are aspects of the first I quite like, but it's a bit busy. The second a like a lot. It has a very good color message.

Nov 24, 2012 at 08:33 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Last of the Fall Colors

Too far on the reds in the first.
Second is a bit far on the saturation scale. However, it works for me because it has become more of an abstract color play and expectations are set differently. I like the lighting. Not sure about the dark vertical line at frame's edge on the right. May be a bit distracting. Well-composed image.
Scott

Nov 24, 2012 at 01:25 PM
Camperjim
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Last of the Fall Colors

Thanks for the comments. The first image was an attempt to add some punch to an otherwise gray, flat scene. I like the reddish hue but agree the scene is busy and lacks interest.

Scott, thanks. I noticed the dark stick in the second image and should probably replace it with another element. I also got a couple of blown highlights which seem to have popped up after downsizing and the final sharpening.

Nov 24, 2012 at 01:39 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Last of the Fall Colors

I like the first and try not to comment on color on the web unless it has a noticable cast and I will probably be the last to notice:-0

The second is a sort of stained glass style.

Nov 24, 2012 at 03:09 PM
Camperjim
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Last of the Fall Colors

The leaves were backlit so the stained glass appearance was natural. This image had little in the way of post processing except some contrast enhancement. The first image was heavily manipulated and OOC is pretty gray and dull. I definitely warmed the temperature in ACR. The colors and lighting were difficult. This is mostly front light with back light due to reflection off of water.

Nov 24, 2012 at 03:43 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Last of the Fall Colors

It was my way of saying what impression I got from the image. It looks fine with respect to color and backlighting. I just don't know how to react to partials as I pointed out in one of my recent examples. I reflects more on me than you.

Nov 24, 2012 at 03:56 PM
smck

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Last of the Fall Colors

I like the first one. I understand the "too busy" comment but it works for me there is something interesting in the fore mid and background so I can look at the image on multiple planes very cool.

Dec 13, 2012 at 04:36 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password