New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Enjoying Breakfast

rattymouse
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Enjoying Breakfast

Nothing like a hot street pancake on a cold morning. A scene from this morning in Shanghai China.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8068/8211677107_993ed7b118_c.jpg

Nov 23, 2012 at 08:10 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Enjoying Breakfast

Hello,

I am posting a comment in your post because NO ONE else took the time to thank you for adding photos for us to view. I believe in "The Golden Rule" (treat others as you would like to be treated). It is "good karma" too.

And I assume you want some comments of some kind when you post images here.

My comments or suggestions below are not a criticism of you, your model, your talent or skill. I offer them in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you with a second POV and set of eyes. If you read sincere questions and simple suggestions as "criticism" of you, then you will miss how I am trying to help you.

Of course this may be your own "style" or your own "vision" and I suppose we can assume that the images look just like they do because that is exactly how you like them. That is OK too. It just shows that there are differences of "opinion" on what looks good. IF these are exactly what you want and like, then by all means continue making your images look like that and have fun doing it. I can only speak for myself and what I do or do not find appealing in the posted photos. As I always say: "Follow your own muse."

Thanks for posting the photo here. I enjoy looking at photos and it seems like there are fewer posted now on this forum. So, don't let my comments below discourage you from posting.

I think this photo would be stronger if it had a different composition.

Why?

Because my viewer's eye is going to look at it and wonder what I should be noticing as the focal point of the image. Should I be focused on the cook, the food, or the boy or...where the boy is looking.

So, I think either cropping this image or considering this in the future when composing the shot would make for a stronger image.

I hope these comments help you. And I hope you post more photos from Shanghai, as I have never been there and would enjoy seeing more of the city and its people.

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:14 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Enjoying Breakfast

These certainly look different than the pancakes we know here. Some local interest thru street photography.
Douglas

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:25 AM
GOVA
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Enjoying Breakfast

Those look like eggs boiled in piss, which are considered a delicacy.

I love the pure reportage style pictures, which this one represents. I'd make it a tad brighter.

Thanks

Nov 27, 2012 at 03:46 PM
DTOB
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Enjoying Breakfast

GOVA wrote:
Those look like eggs boiled in piss, which are considered a delicacy.

I love the pure reportage style pictures, which this one represents. I'd make it a tad brighter.

Thanks

What the?

Had to google it....actually true. The world is an amazing place.

For the OP's photo, I think it needs to be wider. My eye is drawn to the boy, who is cropped at an awkward place.

I think shooting it horizontally would make it a much stronger photo. I don't care about the top of your frame, the buildings in the background are meaningless. But extending the sides would make it much more compelling.

Nov 27, 2012 at 06:08 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Enjoying Breakfast

Yes, I think a little wider would be better.

Nov 27, 2012 at 08:19 PM
GoodEgg
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Enjoying Breakfast

Technically, it's a little under-exposed and needs to be rectified. I agree a different crop is needed.
Gastronomically, I will never eat pancakes again.

Nov 28, 2012 at 02:19 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.