Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Paris- old woman still working

Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Paris- old woman still working

Standing still all those hours per day...
A job that's a lot tougher than it looks. Especially at the lady's age.

Charlie Shugart 2012

Charlie Shugart 2012

Nov 23, 2012 at 02:36 AM
crabcakes
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Paris- old woman still working

I like these a lot, especially seeing her legs and feet in support hose, perched up higher than ground level. Nice story.

Nov 23, 2012 at 06:14 AM
rhyder
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Paris- old woman still working

Great shots. Have you considered that she chooses to work? Work gives meaning to many peoples lives. She's being active. She's interacting with others on a daily basis. One of the worst things one can do as you age is being sedentary. I'll bet that if you stayed around and watched for an hour...you would realize that she's not standing as still as you think. Work gives purpose.

Nov 23, 2012 at 02:30 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Paris- old woman still working

rhyder wrote:
Great shots. Have you considered that she chooses to work? Work gives meaning to many peoples lives. She's being active. She's interacting with others on a daily basis. One of the worst things one can do as you age is being sedentary. I'll bet that if you stayed around and watched for an hour...you would realize that she's not standing as still as you think. Work gives purpose.

Thanks CC and Rhyder.
Rhyder- please re-read my choice of words. I make no reference to the woman HAVING to work.
If I had to guess, I'd guess that she had to work- simply because standing all the time is never easy, and as a person ages, it usually is more tiring that when a person is younger.
Ah, but I didn't have to guess- and my initial words avoided the question because I didn't know one way or the other.
Charlie

Nov 23, 2012 at 08:28 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password