New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · NYC's Central Park & Brooklyn Bridge

CheechzeppLn
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · NYC's Central Park & Brooklyn Bridge

So I have been venturing out more into the city trying to find new places to shoot. The last two visits brought me to Brooklyn Bridge Park and Central Park. Both spots supplied wonderful vantage points and locations i will not soon forget. Hope you enjoy the photos as much as I have enjoyed shooting them.

Brooklyn Bridge by CheechZeppLn, on Flickr

Central Park by CheechZeppLn, on Flickr

Manhattan's West Side by CheechZeppLn, on Flickr

Park Bridge By Night by CheechZeppLn, on Flickr

Charlie

Edited on Nov 24, 2012 at 06:03 PM · View previous versions

Nov 22, 2012 at 01:16 AM
Red Rover
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · NYC's Central Park & Brooklyn Bridge

Cheech, do you have any of the BB without the Verizon building directly behind the tower of the bridge?

Nice work. NY has a lot to offer the photographer in just about any style and interest.

Nov 22, 2012 at 09:30 AM
CheechzeppLn
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · NYC's Central Park & Brooklyn Bridge

I don't think that is possible to shoot without the Verizon building in the background from that part of BB park. I imagine I would have to be on the north side of the Bridge to pull that off. I can say I did not make that walk. I did make a WA of the bridge where the building is not as dominating. New York does have a ton to offer I agree and always is a pleasure to bring the camera. Here is one more from BB park..

Brooklyn Bridge Park by CheechZeppLn, on Flickr

Charlie

Nov 22, 2012 at 11:52 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · NYC's Central Park & Brooklyn Bridge

Charlie... you are correct. The North Side allows for separation between bridge and Verizon building. Further down on the southside along the walkway will allow for a little more separation between the bridge and Verizon building, but clear separation is best achieved along the north side close to the Manhattan Bridge. Below is a shot from that vantage point to see how it would look. You gain on one hand and lose on the other. That glassed carousel house, which is somewhat new to the landscape, distracts from the shot IMO.

On your first shot of the bridge, since your focus is on the bridge, there's not enough of the night skyline to separate it from the BG. I'm finding the brige to be too underexposed, which against a dark city, doesn't stand out enough for me. I'm liking the second one better, but maybe go with no foreground of the walkway railing since there's that also the pilon in the foreground which takes away from the bridge. Just my humble opinion.

BTW... I'm just down the road from you in Coram.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/266026_10151089875706015_1650666395_o.jpg

Nov 23, 2012 at 05:55 PM
CheechzeppLn
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · NYC's Central Park & Brooklyn Bridge

Thanks for the critique Paul, I gave another go at the Brooklyn Bridge photo and made it brighter. Not too much but enough to make out the shadows a little better. As for the WA shot, There was no way to eliminate the railing and keep both bridges in the frame properly. So I carefully made a decision what to include. I agree, the vantage point is considerable better from the north side. I can't say I care for your processing though, the saturation is way too over done and the frame is too much.

Charlie

Nov 24, 2012 at 07:30 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.