Upload & Sell: On
Thanks for sharing the images and I appreciate your candor about the Sigma handling AI Servo .
Well, I 'm back to report that just as of about 5 minutes ago I was very pleasantly surprised by the performance of this siggy 35 and AI servo. The light right now is terrible. It is near dusk and overcast. I used the 5D3 + siggy 35 @ 1.8 in Av mode, ISO 1600, AI Servo, single point AF, both single shot and slow burst continuous and was getting SS's between 1/500 and 1/1250 with many between 1/500 and 1/640th. I took 52 photos of the 7 year old in the photo above. I asked her to start running straight at me and then pass directly by me anywhere from approx. 1.5 to 3 meters out. I was very careful to keep the AF point on her head but not successful 100% of the time. Out of the 52 shots, I would say 75% of them were dead on. That leaves 25% OOF d/t either user error or AF error. Bottom line.....I'm sold. I think given even half way decent light and some skill, any owner of a camera with a killer AF system such as the 5D3 will be very happy with the performance of the sigma 35 1.4 and AI servo. I have to say that if anyone is on the fence about this lens and is in the market for a 35mm prime, this is one to seriously consider.
I will not bore you or take up bandwidth with the test shots.