New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Feisol CT 3471 Rapid

douPel

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Feisol CT 3471 Rapid

Hi guys,

Im looking for a new tripod. At the moment im shooting with a gripped 7D + 400mm 5.6, but knowing myself I will eventually propably end up with a 500mm f4. I have my eyes on the Feisol
3471 and have read a lot about it. Problem is that many topics/reviews are fairly old (>2 years old) and mention problems of parts that needed to be replaced. I've been trying to find more recent topics to find out if Feisol still has these problems, but I seem unable to find them.

Im a bit concerned about the rated weight capacity of 12kg. Sure, the total setup would be around 6kg (3.8 (lens) + 1.2 (camera) + 1kg? (gimbal)), which is half the rated capacity. But how about the rule that the tripod should support 3x the weight of your setup, does that still count, or is that idea outdated?

Does anybody have any ideas about this? Or anybody using the Feisol 3471 with a 500mm?
It would be highly appreciated if you could reason your arguments

Thanks in advance!

Nov 21, 2012 at 05:57 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Feisol CT 3471 Rapid

for longevity and higher abuse resistance I would lean towards the CT-3371LV
http://www.feisol.net/feisol-elite-tripod-ct3372lv-rapid-with-leveling-center-column-p-68.html
its parts are of machined alloy rather then cast alloy. substantially more robust. yes there is a difference in price also its strength.

Nov 24, 2012 at 01:13 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.