Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Lens Cap Replacement Zeiss Makro Planar 2.0

phuang3
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Lens Cap Replacement Zeiss Makro Planar 2.0

I am always thinking that why industry is still using threaded filter and crappy hot shoe mount. These two things are the ones should be redesigned immediately. (I am glad that SONY has improved their flash mount)

Nov 30, 2012 at 07:54 AM
DocsPics
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · Lens Cap Replacement Zeiss Makro Planar 2.0

Tamron caps for sure

Nov 30, 2012 at 07:58 AM
sebboh
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · Lens Cap Replacement Zeiss Makro Planar 2.0

phuang3 wrote:
I am always thinking that why industry is still using threaded filter and crappy hot shoe mount. These two things are the ones should be redesigned immediately. (I am glad that SONY has improved their flash mount)

do you have a lot of problems with filter rings? also, sony has reverted back to the original hot shoe mount now.

Nov 30, 2012 at 08:07 AM
phuang3
• • •
p.2 #4 · Lens Cap Replacement Zeiss Makro Planar 2.0

sebboh wrote:
do you have a lot of problems with filter rings? also, sony has reverted back to the original hot shoe mount now.

No, I don't. I just feel it's very slow to screw in the filter, there should be a standard & clever way to mount the filter. I guess SONY got complaints from their customers not being able to use cheap 3rd party flashes, so they reverted back to the old style.
Speaking of Zeiss 50 MP, the problem is the snap-in type lens cap. I like regular ones as Canon & Leica's. Their lens caps are easier to be centered/aligned by our fingers.

Nov 30, 2012 at 08:49 AM
sebboh
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · Lens Cap Replacement Zeiss Makro Planar 2.0

phuang3 wrote:
No, I don't. I just feel it's very slow to screw in the filter, there should be a standard & clever way to mount the filter. I guess SONY got complaints from their customers not being able to use cheap 3rd party flashes, so they reverted back to the old style.
Speaking of Zeiss 50 MP, the problem is the snap-in type lens cap. I like regular ones as Canon & Leica's. Their lens caps are easier to be centered/aligned by our fingers.

ah, i'm almost never in a hurry with caps or filters so i much prefer solid protection to speed. pinch caps pop off to easily.

Nov 30, 2012 at 09:03 AM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password