Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · photobooth printers

equestrianguy
• •
Account locked
p.1 #1 · photobooth printers

Trying to get some information on what most people are using in terms of printers for photobooths as we've been doing a lot of corporate booths and now want to do wedding booths. Up until now we've used inkjet printers primarily due to the fact we get more paper selection. I have had a few clients that have wanted some nice satin and metallic paper which I don't know if I could do using a dye sub printer.

The printer we currently use prints 4x6's prints in really good quality in roughly 60 seconds. I keep reading that there are some machines out there printing 4x6's in 20 seconds. Again I'm unsure how good the quality is.

My big question is are most people using dye sub printers for photo booths or are they using inkjets.

If you are using a dye sub how does the print quality compare.

Can you still use papers such as metallic satin, metallic gloss, etc with a dye sub?

Nov 19, 2012 at 07:07 PM
joelconner
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · photobooth printers

If you are doing a lot of events, I would definitely think that dye sub would be the way for you to go. It's a bigger investment, but lower cost per print (and faster/more reliable). This is the one that we use (http://www.imagingspectrum.com/sinfonia-color-stream-cs2-chc-s6145.html), and we love it

Nov 19, 2012 at 07:16 PM
equestrianguy
• •
Account locked
p.1 #3 · photobooth printers

I think I was looking at the HiTi machines as I liked the fact the software would let us use pre-designed templates in the machine.

I think the print prices that come out are very attractive. My only concern was the lack of description in terms of the paper they are providing you with. I am unsure if it's glossy, semi-gloss, matte, etc.

Would be ever so helpful knowing that I would believe.

Our thought is we likely wouldn't push more than 600 prints per 4 hour period at a wedding which would leave the physical cost of running one at a wedding in the neighbourhood of $100 which is rather fantastic.

We also saw the portable hiti which is rather tiny but it appears it only takes 60 pages at once.

Nov 19, 2012 at 07:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

nguyencs
• •
p.1 #4 · photobooth printers

I use this:
http://www.imagingspectrum.com/dnp-dsrx1-thermal_printer-dsrx1.html

I love it. Carries a 700 4x6" roll. It cuts 4x6 into strips for photo booths. Imaging Spectrum only carries gloss rolls for it though.

I usually average 100-160 4x6" for a 4 hour event depending on how many photos per strip. It's about 14 cents per 4x6"

The HiTi P510L looks pretty sweet and the rolls are cheap. It says it prints matte and gloss on the same paper and can also cut into 2x6 strips.

Nov 19, 2012 at 08:48 PM
equestrianguy
• •
Account locked
p.1 #5 · photobooth printers

I think that's why I was so interested in the HiTi. We are really looking to put a different spin on photobooths. There are just so many in our area where the photos and print quality in particular are HORRIBLE. We seem to get a lot of people loving that we give out studio quality photos. I just want the printing to be faster to match the quality we are already putting out.

The glossy prints are a deal killer for me though as I hate standard glossy paper. Just can't stand the stuff lol.

Nov 19, 2012 at 09:13 PM
abadass
• •
p.1 #6 · photobooth printers

The company that I work for uses the DS40 and Sony UPC-X1. The DS40 is a BEAST and prints a 4x6 in about 10 seconds. Quality is awesome and great for high traffic photo booths / photo stations. The Sony UPC-X1 is great too but its a little slow, maybe about 30-40 seconds, still gets the job done.

We normally don't use different papers or matte but instead we create custom borders/overlays for the print.

Nov 19, 2012 at 09:41 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password