Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop
  
 
rangefindr
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop


Both Amazon and B&H seem to have applied a $100 instant rebate to the D600, along with a bundle of free accessories.

B&H says offer ends the 24th, does this seem like a BF deal or a long term reduction to you? I thought they weren't allowed to go below MSRP for the first year or something...

Perhaps the dust issue is causing sales figures to decline? Seems like a good time to buy.



Nov 18, 2012 at 06:34 PM
mmurph
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop


I think that is a blanket "soft" reduction.

I just got an e-mail from Midwest Photo Exchange with a Nikon D600 with 24-85 VR, a bag, SD card, etc. at $2,495.

Plus a few other combos and deals. I guess it is an attempt to have something out there for Black Friday that looks like a sale on Nikon's part.



Nov 18, 2012 at 09:01 PM
matt4626
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop


Factory deal...all over the newpaper this morning. Local store and the big boxes...


Nov 18, 2012 at 10:06 PM
mshi
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop


Nikon wants people to buy their D600 before Nikon releases D5200 in the States in two months. I also heard D800 line return rate is as high as close to 40% so far. We will be able to see more aggressive pricing on D800 line refurbs in two months.


Nov 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM
molson
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop


rangefindr wrote:
Both Amazon and B&H seem to have applied a $100 instant rebate to the D600, along with a bundle of free accessories.

B&H says offer ends the 24th, does this seem like a BF deal or a long term reduction to you? I thought they weren't allowed to go below MSRP for the first year or something...

Perhaps the dust issue is causing sales figures to decline? Seems like a good time to buy.



I guess they're just trying to compete with local stores, who have been selling the D600 at $1995 for a few weeks now.



Nov 18, 2012 at 11:47 PM
mmurph
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop


mshi wrote:
We will be able to see more aggressive pricing on D800 line refurbs in two months.


They were $2,430 with 10% off, free shipping at the Nikon store a couple of days ago.

I understand that Cameta has/had refurbs with a 1 year warranty at $2,500. Adorama had them a few weeks back, but only the normal 90 day warranty.

I was surprised to se so many D800 refurbs. Canon usually sits on them until almost the end of a product life cycle, so that they don't undercut their retail market. That is a pretty good sign on the Canon side of a new body coming out soon.

If Nikon actually had 40% refurbs (presumably when first released), that would explain why there are so many around. Really hurts their profits, and the market value of the D800.




Nov 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM
PeaktoPeek
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop


It figures, I order a camera and 2 days later the price drops. Kinda sucks since it hasn't even been delivered to my house yet.


Nov 19, 2012 at 08:35 AM
jonrock
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop


PeaktoPeek wrote:
It figures, I order a camera and 2 days later the price drops. Kinda sucks since it hasn't even been delivered to my house yet.


Depending on the retailer you ordered from, you can ask them for a price adjustment.



Nov 19, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Hardcore
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop


molson wrote

I guess they're just trying to compete with local stores, who have been selling the D600 at $1995 for a few weeks now.


Ya, I bought my d600 when it was released for that price.



Nov 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM
PeaktoPeek
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop


jonrock wrote:
Depending on the retailer you ordered from, you can ask them for a price adjustment.

I ordered it from B&H -- sent them an email to see if they will refund the difference. I suppose its worth a try.



Nov 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



mshi
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop


mmurph wrote:
They were $2,430 with 10% off, free shipping at the Nikon store a couple of days ago.



Actually "20PCTOFF" Promo Code was good for two days at NikonStore for refurbs. That was effectively $2160 for D800, $2400 for D800E, and $4400 for D4. They have many returns. To move those, they have to have deeper discounts in coming months. Be patient.



Nov 19, 2012 at 05:31 PM
Nikon_14
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop


Prices for bodies NEVER increase, unless there's a natural disaster that wipes out the production plant. Otherwise the price just drops and drops and drops...

rangefindr wrote:
does this seem like a BF deal or a long term reduction to you?




Nov 19, 2012 at 05:36 PM
mmurph
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop


PeaktoPeek wrote:
I ordered it from B&H -- sent them an email to see if they will refund the difference. I suppose its worth a try.


B&H is pretty good at adjusting, even after a week. I saw many, many posts to that effect in the Canon forum recently.

Another retailer refused to adjust, so the person had to return the camera and re-order. really stupid on eth part of the retailer to make them go through all of that.

FWIW, that happened to me one year at Best Buy. I ordered for shipping, then they sold it at a lower price before it arrived. What complicated things is that the store was sold out, so I couldn't buy another. They just adjusted the price. Nice!



Nov 19, 2012 at 07:26 PM
mmurph
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop


mshi wrote:
Actually "20PCTOFF" Promo Code was good for two days at NikonStore for refurbs. That was effectively $2160 for D800, $2400 for D800E, and $4400 for D4. They have many returns.


When was the 20% off? Is there a list that I should subscribe to get offers?

I am not planning to buy much until March anyway though. I won't be doing much work until then, no sense buying 5 months early ...

I'll just play with my D3200 for the winter (wish it had a histogram though??)


Thanks!
Michael



Nov 19, 2012 at 07:29 PM
PeaktoPeek
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop


mmurph wrote:
B&H is pretty good at adjusting, even after a week. I saw many, many posts to that effect in the Canon forum recently.

Another retailer refused to adjust, so the person had to return the camera and re-order. really stupid on eth part of the retailer to make them go through all of that.

FWIW, that happened to me one year at Best Buy. I ordered for shipping, then they sold it at a lower price before it arrived. What complicated things is that the store was sold out, so I couldn't buy another. They just adjusted the price. Nice!


I got an email back already and B&H (of course) came through with the refund of the price difference -- which is why I continue to buy there and have for the last 10+ years. I'm glad I saw this thread and that I shop there.



Nov 19, 2012 at 10:34 PM
mshi
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop


mmurph wrote:
When was the 20% off? Is there a list that I should subscribe to get offers?


it was last week and a friend of mine emailed me.



Nov 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM
mmurph
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop


^^ Thanks!

I'll have to sign up for newsletters, etc. Let us know if you se it again. that is a great discount!

It does seem like Nikon is really pushing the D800 refurbs. I would **love** to see the statistics on what they received back, and when. (I have a 6 Sigma Black Belt - basically like a degree in statistics & quality processes.)



Nov 20, 2012 at 12:46 AM
molson
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop


The D600 (body only) is down to $1864.99 in Canada now...

https://secure.adencamera.com/shoppingcart.asp?action=add&prodid=4228



Nov 28, 2012 at 10:29 PM
tjpenton
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · D600 Instant Rebate Price Drop


That's below MAP pricing for sure


Nov 28, 2012 at 10:35 PM





FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password