Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Filter Systems with the G1X ?

anthonygh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Filter Systems with the G1X ?

Now I have finally bought a G1X I am looking for a suitable filter arrangement for it.

I have the Adapter so can take 58mm filters...and have in my collection some suitable items such as a Hoya polarizing filter, skylight and close up filters.

I am thinking of investing in a Cokin type system for landscape use and wondered if any one has tried this type of arrangement with a G1X or other compact camera...and with what results?

At the moment I am undecided between the A and the P size so comments on these would be helpful.

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:48 AM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Filter Systems with the G1X ?

No opinions on this? I was hoping to put in some orders in the morning.......guess I will just play safe and go for the P system.....

Nov 18, 2012 at 09:32 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Filter Systems with the G1X ?

Get the smallest size Cokin/Lee type filters that will cover the lens. On such a small lens front, using a larger size hard grad will render it as a soft grad. A soft grad will do nearly nothing for you.

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Filter Systems with the G1X ?

The A size is too small..hand held the A size holder to the lens earleir and there is obvious vignetting...so has the be the next size up I think.

Which is probably a good option.....with other adapters I can use the system on my DSLR /SLRs as well...

Nov 19, 2012 at 07:48 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Filter Systems with the G1X ?

OK 85mm hitech filters then..

Nov 19, 2012 at 07:57 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.