Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Auto Rotate in LR

Craig Yannuzzi
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Auto Rotate in LR

I'm sure I have missed something along the way but having moved to LR 4 my portrait orientation shots are not auto rotating upon import.

Can someone help?

Thanks.

Nov 18, 2012 at 02:28 PM
Alan321
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Auto Rotate in LR

Checked your camera setting for auto rotate ?

Nov 18, 2012 at 04:43 PM
James_N
• • •
p.1 #3 · Auto Rotate in LR

Lightroom reads the Rotation flag written to the EXIF metadata by the camera in order to align your images correctly. If these are photos that were imported into Lightroom without going through any other applications they should line up correctly. The only exception I can think of is if you previously opened ( and rotated) the images in Windows Photo Viewer. Rotating photos in WPV is known to strip the Orientation flag.

Nov 18, 2012 at 08:09 PM
hugowolf
• • •
p.1 #4 · Auto Rotate in LR

James_N wrote:
Lightroom reads the Rotation flag written to the EXIF metadata by the camera in order to align your images correctly. If these are photos that were imported into Lightroom without going through any other applications they should line up correctly. The only exception I can think of is if you previously opened ( and rotated) the images in Windows Photo Viewer. Rotating photos in WPV is known to strip the Orientation flag.

Another exception is when shooting with the camera facing down (or upwards, for that matter).

Brian A

Nov 19, 2012 at 02:39 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password