New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · D700 Naked...

ct8282
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D700 Naked...

A very cool and interesting shot of the D700 stripped bare....

http://500px.com/photo/17513071

I know just how much time and effort is involved in designing electronic products as my business is an electronics manufacturer, but D-SLRs are seriously complex machines. We just expect them to work for us, without fail, every time and in most instances most of us will never experience a problem with our cams. Amazing when you realise just how many precision components, both electronic and mechanic, go into our cameras.

Interesting reading through the comments on the link too. Spot the Canon fanboys..... Lol.

Nov 18, 2012 at 04:53 AM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D700 Naked...

Hate to disagree, but it looks like multiple photos just Photoshopped together. Yes they are an incredible piece of machinery, but thats about it. If you want to talk about crazy small technology, look at cell phones. how the communicate with towers, satellite in space, and give us great battery life all in our pockets!

Nov 18, 2012 at 04:59 AM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D700 Naked...

BenV wrote:
Hate to disagree, but it looks like multiple photos just Photoshopped together. Yes they are an incredible piece of machinery, but thats about it. If you want to talk about crazy small technology, look at cell phones. how the communicate with towers, satellite in space, and give us great battery life all in our pockets!

Disagree with what?

Nov 18, 2012 at 05:06 AM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D700 Naked...

ct8282 wrote:
Disagree with what?

that its a very cool and interesting photo....

Nov 18, 2012 at 05:12 AM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D700 Naked...

BenV wrote:
that its a very cool and interesting photo....

Lol. I see.

Not even slightly interested to see the innards of top Nikon camera?

Nov 18, 2012 at 06:00 AM
Lee Saxon
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · D700 Naked...

Man, that clusterf*** is unbelievable.

I really don't understand why the addition of a mirrorbox means DSLR innards can't be clean and organized like Sony NEX innards.

I wonder if Sony's DSLRs look like this or an NEX on the inside? And if it's the latter, their profit margins must be 10x Nikon and Canon's. Hmmm...

Nov 18, 2012 at 06:00 AM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · D700 Naked...

Unless Sony have found a way to defy the laws of physics and mechanics I'm thinking their DSLR's will require very similar numbers of components as any other DSLR manufacturer. The NEX cams are completely different.

Nov 18, 2012 at 06:19 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · D700 Naked...

Very cool, reminds me of a company named Heathkit. Most of you are probably too young to remember them, but you could buy all kinds of electronic devices as kits, and assemble them yourself by following the included directions.

I helped my dad put together a color TV years ago, even had to solder pieces to the circuit boards. It took weeks to finish, but man what fun!

Nov 18, 2012 at 06:22 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · D700 Naked...

Hmm, the screws are missing.

Nov 18, 2012 at 06:57 AM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · D700 Naked...

leighton w wrote:
Very cool, reminds me of a company named Heathkit. Most of you are probably too young to remember them, but you could buy all kinds of electronic devices as kits, and assemble them yourself by following the included directions.

I helped my dad put together a color TV years ago, even had to solder pieces to the circuit boards. It took weeks to finish, but man what fun!

Very cool. I had a build your own radio once for Christmas when I was a kid. I remember trying to wind the copper wire for the receiver and making a complete hash of it.

Nov 18, 2012 at 07:02 AM
Gregstx
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · D700 Naked...

Interesting subject but the photo didn't seem that great to me. Seemed too washed out looking. Kind of bland overall. Maybe he disassembled the wrong camera.

Nov 18, 2012 at 09:05 AM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · D700 Naked...

Gregstx wrote:
Interesting subject but the photo didn't seem that great to me. Seemed too washed out looking. Kind of bland overall. Maybe he disassembled the wrong camera.

Lol. Now now...!

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:01 AM
DTOB
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · D700 Naked...

Tough crowd.

I think it is awesome.

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:04 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · D700 Naked...

Gregstx wrote:
Interesting subject but the photo didn't seem that great to me. Seemed too washed out looking.

It did fall in the water...

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · D700 Naked...

DTOB wrote:
Tough crowd.

I think it is awesome.

Lol. You're not wrong. Just figured peeps would be interested to see just how much goes into their camera. Guess not.

I thought it was cool nonetheless.

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:48 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · D700 Naked...

carstenw wrote:
Hmm, the screws are missing.

They are optional at extra cost. $17.99 each plus labor and handling.

Nov 18, 2012 at 05:09 PM
Lee Saxon
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · D700 Naked...

ct8282 wrote:
Unless Sony have found a way to defy the laws of physics and mechanics I'm thinking their DSLR's will require very similar numbers of components as any other DSLR manufacturer. The NEX cams are completely different.

I know the NEX have a vastly simpler component list, but there's more to it than that.

The inside of a DSLR is a mess. Flex cables going every which way, things crammed into every corner...it's like they designed every board/component seperately and then MacGuyver'ed a way to fit them all together. We're lucky nothing's held in with chewing gum or duct tape. The NEX looks like it was designed to fit together.

Nov 18, 2012 at 07:48 PM
RKH
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · D700 Naked...

D600 disassembly, step by step.
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nikon+D600+Teardown/10708/1
Kim

Nov 18, 2012 at 08:26 PM
EltonTeng
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · D700 Naked...

Gregstx wrote:

It was taken with a Canon 1D4 according to the Chrome EXIF reader.

Nov 18, 2012 at 09:58 PM
Kittyk
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · D700 Naked...

BenV wrote:

not as much interesting, no mechanic there and nowadays practically single chip solution

Nov 19, 2012 at 03:30 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.