Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 1st basketball of the season

sklar
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1st basketball of the season

I shot my first basketball game of the season tonight, also my first at my new home for the next four years, the University of Puget Sound.

As far as the gym goes, it's going to be a long four years...
It is dark in there, the lights cycle, and no strobes

I was pushing the iso to 6400 (not so good looking on a t2i) trying to stay at about 1/1000, so they're not super sharp due to nr

Thanks for taking a look!
C&C is welcome

Nov 18, 2012 at 07:02 AM
danmc
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1st basketball of the season

Agree this is a very challenging gym, dim with really bad color cycling, but sure is pretty wood work - I usually shoot in here at iso 8000, 1/640 and 2.8, the row of lights at the entrance side were added after much whining by a certain photographer... used to be a stop darker over there.

View from my usual spectator seats... Friday half time at women's game -

Nov 18, 2012 at 06:39 PM
sklar
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1st basketball of the season

danmc wrote:
the row of lights at the entrance side were added after much whining by a certain photographer... used to be a stop darker over there.

Ouch.
looks like i can afford to drop down to about 1/640, wish i could afford to buy a 70-200 2.8...

Nov 18, 2012 at 07:16 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

basehorhonda
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1st basketball of the season

Are you not allowed to strobe the game or you just dont have the stuff to do it? With that railing along the sides of the gym, that would be a perfect spot to put speedlights.

Nov 18, 2012 at 08:53 PM
danmc
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1st basketball of the season

I setup and demonstrated for the SID a couple years ago from higher and further away than the rail - not allowed.

Nov 18, 2012 at 09:12 PM
sklar
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 1st basketball of the season

basehorhonda wrote:
Are you not allowed to strobe the game or you just dont have the stuff to do it? With that railing along the sides of the gym, that would be a perfect spot to put speedlights.

I haven't asked, but another photog who's been around for a lot longer than I have said there's no way it will fly. I think I'll ask anyways.
I have a new ab b800+VML i've been itching to try out

Nov 18, 2012 at 09:12 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password