Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Portrait professional - The grey mask

DavidWEGS
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Portrait professional - The grey mask

Hi all,

After repeated attempts to use this software, I am at a loss. For some reason, when there are more than one face in an image (family shoots etc.), it seems to leave a grey film/mask over one or more of the faces. Almost makes the face look dirty.

Anyone else finding this and is it anything to do with PP work being done in LR4 or PS6?

Thanks for any info.

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:11 PM
novicesnapper

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Portrait professional - The grey mask

Are you by chance using windows 7 64 bit? I saw artifacting in the LR 4 beta on my 7 64 bit and I'm not sure it's been fixed, I opted out. Others have noticed it also, and mentioned it was only utilizing a single core on multi core processors. LR 3.6 64 bit worked pretty well for me on the same machine, but does some weird things from time to time. Requiring a shutdown and restart of the software. Haven't tried CS6. I was reading through the TOS on LR 3 and they don't even guarantee it to work on 64 bit. I had to read it twice before I believed it. I may try reinstalling it in 32 bit mode...ugh.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dogging the software, it's great for what it is. Maybe I'll upgrade to 4.0 after a year and they patch it a few times. Then again, maybe not lol.

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:21 AM
DavidWEGS
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Portrait professional - The grey mask

I am using Mac, with 10.7 OSX

Nov 18, 2012 at 04:53 AM
mrhoni
• •
p.1 #4 · Portrait professional - The grey mask

Are you using version 11? I just finished discussions with them and it is a bug. It manifests only when I use the touch up brush. This did not occur in version 10.

Nov 18, 2012 at 08:27 AM

DavidWEGS
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Portrait professional - The grey mask

I am using V 11.0.31, so that looks like the answer. Thanks for the heads up.

Nov 20, 2012 at 07:46 PM
Allynb
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Portrait professional - The grey mask

Anyone know how to get the points on to Manual Mode? When I open a photo it Automatically selects the 5 points for you.

Using the New Ver 11.

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:08 PM
DavidWEGS
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Portrait professional - The grey mask

Once it had selected the points, you can adjust by clicking on those points (the five you set), and pull them to the point you choose.

Nov 21, 2012 at 01:44 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password