Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Latest 5D MK1 Firmware?

SamHenry
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Latest 5D MK1 Firmware?

Mine is running 1.1.1 and it's acting a little funny. Wanted to see if there was a more current firmware, but from what I have found I think this is the latest. Thanks!

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Stilltime
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Latest 5D MK1 Firmware?

I believe the latest is 1.1.1 released by Canon 7/5/06.

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:20 PM
SamHenry
• •
p.1 #3 · Latest 5D MK1 Firmware?

That's what I figured, thanks!

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #4 · Latest 5D MK1 Firmware?

SamHenry wrote:
Mine is running 1.1.1 and it's acting a little funny. Wanted to see if there was a more current firmware, but from what I have found I think this is the latest. Thanks!

What is the problem? The reason I am asking is I recently bought a 5D and it seems to act a little odd at times...but when I delve into the instruction manual I see it is working normally depending on various other settings or modes it is in.

I have had several panic moments since buying it but all were unfounded.

You have the latest...and last...firmwear.

Nov 18, 2012 at 01:39 AM
SamHenry
• •
p.1 #5 · Latest 5D MK1 Firmware?

Well, two weddings ago I was shooting and the mirror locked up. Had to pull the battery to get it loose. Yesterday's wedding, I was going through shots and the screen went dark, the lens autofocused, and it took two shots. Never touched the shutter release lol

Edited on Nov 18, 2012 at 03:17 PM · View previous versions

Nov 18, 2012 at 02:10 PM
leftymgp
• •
p.1 #6 · Latest 5D MK1 Firmware?

I updated mine to the latest firmware about 6 months ago and haven't noticed any issues.

Nov 18, 2012 at 02:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

SamHenry
• •
p.1 #7 · Latest 5D MK1 Firmware?

I'll reload the firmware and see if it makes a difference

Nov 18, 2012 at 03:16 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #8 · Latest 5D MK1 Firmware?

SamHenry wrote:
Well, two weddings ago I was shooting and the mirror locked up. Had to pull the battery to get it loose. Yesterday's wedding, I was going through shots and the screen went dark, the lens autofocused, and it took two shots. Never touched the shutter release lol

Mine was odd...but not that odd!!

Nov 18, 2012 at 04:41 PM
SamHenry
• •
p.1 #9 · Latest 5D MK1 Firmware?

It's enough to freak me out about not having a backup! Just trying to decide if I should upgrade and make the 5d the backup or not

Nov 19, 2012 at 02:21 AM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #10 · Latest 5D MK1 Firmware?

SamHenry wrote:
It's enough to freak me out about not having a backup! Just trying to decide if I should upgrade and make the 5d the backup or not

I got a 5D recently as a back up to my 40D...the 5D is ok but I think a second 40D would have been a good choice...cheaper.....better technology...better AF.

Some people rave over the 5D IQ but in my experience there is not much in it when compared to the 40D. I basically went for the 5D so I had FF to match my 35mm film bodies...made setting up and lens decisions easier.

Nov 19, 2012 at 02:28 AM
SamHenry
• •
p.1 #11 · Latest 5D MK1 Firmware?

My buddy I shot as a second for at the wedding shoots a 40D. I'm just in a tight place because I want to grab a body that has video capability because I want to mess with it.

Nov 19, 2012 at 01:56 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password