Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2012 · Two graces ( NUDE )

corndog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Two graces ( NUDE )

Don't mean to rehash something that's probably been beaten to death, but what was the image that was pulled? I can only guess that some of the hypersensitive twats saw something offensive and went into full blown keyboard pounding seizures?

Nov 28, 2012 at 04:59 PM
GCasey
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Two graces ( NUDE )

Don't other people have rights too?

Nov 28, 2012 at 05:03 PM
corndog
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Two graces ( NUDE )

Are you being funny? Because I love humor, especially the offensive stuff! Anyway, it's not a 'rights' issue when referring to someone's website. Users have no rights here, only Fred has rights. He has the right to do whatever he wants with his website. I see you're in the US, you should know this already.

Nov 28, 2012 at 05:09 PM
splay

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Two graces ( NUDE )

His stuff is admired by many.
I suspect there are many more who find it offensive, but won't say so on these boards.
Most of it ridiculous, however. The exaggerated facial expressions, the contorted bodies in silly positions with silly props, and the scrawny women who could use a bit less coffee and smokes, and more calories, all led to a failure for the majority of shots posted here. I'd be willing to bet there is a large in number, silent group of lurkers here who agree.

Nov 28, 2012 at 05:27 PM
corndog
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Two graces ( NUDE )

Hahaha, you know he's in France, yes? Clearly, that just his genre, which you've astutely discovered in your first day here! Anywhoooo, you could say something equally as negative about burlesque 50's pinups, with even more exaggerated facial expressions, bent over and blowing a plump housewife kiss over a tray of baked goods. Oh the humanity!

Nov 28, 2012 at 06:24 PM
splay

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Two graces ( NUDE )

corndog wrote:
Hahaha, you know he's in France, yes? Clearly, that just his genre, which you've astutely discovered in your first day here! Anywhoooo, you could say something equally as negative about burlesque 50's pinups, with even more exaggerated facial expressions, bent over and blowing a plump housewife kiss over a tray of baked goods. Oh the humanity!

True.
At the end of the day, it's a matter of taste.
Some love it, some find it offensive, and some simply discard it as pointless.
Give me a pinup girl over the silly FB works any day.

Nov 28, 2012 at 07:07 PM
nissanboy
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Two graces ( NUDE )

moan and groan

Nov 28, 2012 at 07:40 PM
PKuglin
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Two graces ( NUDE )

splay wrote:
His stuff is admired by many.
I suspect there are many more who find it offensive, but won't say so on these boards.
Most of it ridiculous, however. The exaggerated facial expressions, the contorted bodies in silly positions with silly props, and the scrawny women who could use a bit less coffee and smokes, and more calories, all led to a failure for the majority of shots posted here. I'd be willing to bet there is a large in number, silent group of lurkers here who agree.

!

You are entitled to your opinion, but just because one has such an opinion doesn't mean your can stop the expression of his art. There your opinion just doesn't matter well unless you want to summit to the same rule for your opinion and/or work. Someone will always find an issue with something and force their will on another including you. Slippery slope.

However, Fred has the right to control his site.

fb101 - I do enjoy your work. top notch.

Nov 28, 2012 at 08:05 PM
splay

p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Two graces ( NUDE )

No, I never said a single word about stopping the expression.
I just said I don't like his work, and I'll wager many others feel the same way.
Obviously many do, as they found one image objectionable enough to complain about privately. It would be foolish to believe it's the first time it happened, too. This is simply the one that broke the camel's back.
I'll let the rest have their last word. It is, like so many other posts, ONE opinion. It doesn't match the rest posting here, so I expected backlash. But I signed up here to be truthful. I wouldn't dare to tell others here what to believe. I will only share MY opinion and belief.
My opinions and beliefs are based on my upbringing, my faith, and my interpretations based on my life experience and exposure. It doesn't have to match anyone else's when it comes to photographic art.

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:12 PM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Two graces ( NUDE )

fhoyng wrote:
No big deal. There is some other interesting work being posted in the People Forum. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1167750

Those Turkey's are rather sexy

Nov 29, 2012 at 07:06 AM

PKuglin
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Two graces ( NUDE )

splay wrote:
No, I never said a single word about stopping the expression.
I just said I don't like his work, and I'll wager many others feel the same way.
Obviously many do, as they found one image objectionable enough to complain about privately. It would be foolish to believe it's the first time it happened, too. This is simply the one that broke the camel's back.
I'll let the rest have their last word. It is, like so many other posts, ONE opinion. It doesn't match the rest posting here, so I expected backlash. But I signed up here to be truthful. I wouldn't
...Show more

So why are you talking about opinions of others? Understand yours, but you seem to want to include other people's opinion to make a statement and push on filtering. You may not be stating it out right, but you are implying it by referencing other people's opinion i.e. majority rules...

Let's be intellectually honest here.

Nov 29, 2012 at 09:44 PM
splay

p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Two graces ( NUDE )

PKuglin wrote:
So why are you talking about opinions of others? Understand yours, but you seem to want to include other people's opinion to make a statement and push on filtering. You may not be stating it out right, but you are implying it by referencing other people's opinion i.e. majority rules...

Let's be intellectually honest here.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Ronco school of logic.
All this offensive taken against one person's opinion. Naturally, pretty much all by men who have never suffered at the hands of an abuser. Yes, amazing art and creative. Psshht.

Nov 30, 2012 at 01:02 AM
jjaylad

p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Two graces ( NUDE )

I don't even see the image. Was it 'removed'?

Nov 30, 2012 at 02:43 AM
fb101
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Two graces ( NUDE )

The image is now visible on 500 pixels :

http://500px.com/photo/18552791

And, for the record, I have no problem with splay's opinion....

Nov 30, 2012 at 10:55 PM
DaveOls
• • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Two graces ( NUDE )

I agree with one of the other posters. We should keep this post active in order to honor Francois. The image that is so contentious was not my favorite.

Dec 01, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Two graces ( NUDE )

fb101 wrote:
The image is now visible on 500 pixels :

http://500px.com/photo/18552791

And, for the record, I have no problem with splay's opinion....

Well posting this here just about guarantees this thread will get locked too. People, we need to let this issue die.

As for this image, it is quite disturbing and I can understand its removal.

Dec 01, 2012 at 12:50 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Two graces ( NUDE )

Fortunately for those of us who a) may also be offended by his photo and/or b) also appreciate open, uncensored expression, Francois has seen fit to link us to his 500px account.

Dec 01, 2012 at 01:23 PM
charlesk
• • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Two graces ( NUDE )

The crux of the problem is people who think their "being offended" actually means anything.

And that those who have the power to make decisions give in to their whining.

The appropriate response to "I'm offended!" should always be: "So?"

Dec 01, 2012 at 05:00 PM
splay

p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Two graces ( NUDE )

charlesk wrote:
The crux of the problem is people who think their "being offended" actually means anything.

And that those who have the power to make decisions give in to their whining.

The appropriate response to "I'm offended!" should always be: "So?"

No doubt! So what if you're offended by pedophiles! So what if you're offended by race jokes! So what if you're offended by abuse! So what if you're offended by oppression! So what if you're offended by me and my Nazi friends! And so what if you're offended by my images of this!
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new greatest stupid remark on FM!

Dec 01, 2012 at 06:16 PM
corndog
• • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Two graces ( NUDE )

You've really got some nerve comparing a lawful image comprised of consenting adults, with: child molesting, racism, and the holocaust. I'm pretty sure any victim of those three evils you reference would be highly offended at...yourself.

Dec 01, 2012 at 07:01 PM
       3       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password