Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · what is up with sales in B&S ???

carstenw
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · what is up with sales in B&S ???

FWP? Field Work Proposal? First Western Properties? Fixed Wireless Phone? Federal Writers' Proposal?

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:14 AM
SSISteve
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · what is up with sales in B&S ???

I recently was in the market for a lens and when checking the b/s board there were a few available but the sellers were living in fantasy land. The price they wanted was about $25-$50 less than what I could buy a new one with free shipping. I just went ahead and bought a new one.

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:35 AM
workerdrone
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · what is up with sales in B&S ???

^well, that's like job listings - they write what they want, in their ideal world. If you don't throw out an offer you'll never find out what they'll actually settle for

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Javier Munoz
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · what is up with sales in B&S ???

workerdrone wrote:
^well, that's like job listings - they write what they want, in their ideal world. If you don't throw out an offer you'll never find out what they'll actually settle for

Some people dont have the time (or patience) to haggle. If you want to sell fast, then price the item to sell fast. If you are not in a hurry then dont go whining about lack of bites (please note the rhetoric you, I am not personalizing in your persona)

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:53 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · what is up with sales in B&S ???

Depends on the lens, or item availability. If it's a lens always going in or out of stock, and it's unavailable anywhere then yes... price accordingly. Don't feel you have to give stuff away just because. On the other hand, with more common items, then research going rates and then also price accordingly. My rule of thumb is used, even if 100% perfect, should be about 80% of the new retail. But thats just arbitrary and a made up number I use. But in the end, if it's not selling it may be too high, just like every other thing in the world. Or, it's simply timing. The right buyer isn't there or looking at the board yet.

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:06 PM
binary visions
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · what is up with sales in B&S ???

workerdrone wrote:

If someone has an unreasonable price, I'm not going to haggle. Just like I won't respond to unreasonable lowball offers. If you can't start with a price that is rational, I assume you're not going to be rational about haggling either.

I sold a car last year on Craigslist, and can't count the number of people who offered me half of what I asked, or less, despite having priced it aggressively. That's just trolling, and I've never had a price troll end up buying something at a reasonable price. Same thing when I sold a house several years ago: when someone is asking for 35% off, they aren't going to negotiate back to something rational.

Point is, if someone's not realistic on the offer or the asking price, I don't think it's worth wasting your time.

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:07 PM
HVACman

p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · what is up with sales in B&S ???

carstenw wrote:
FWP? Field Work Proposal? First Western Properties? Fixed Wireless Phone? Federal Writers' Proposal?

Foot Warship Party!

Nov 18, 2012 at 01:39 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · what is up with sales in B&S ???

binary visions wrote:
If someone has an unreasonable price, I'm not going to haggle. Just like I won't respond to unreasonable lowball offers. If you can't start with a price that is rational, I assume you're not going to be rational about haggling either.

I sold a car last year on Craigslist, and can't count the number of people who offered me half of what I asked, or less, despite having priced it aggressively. That's just trolling, and I've never had a price troll end up buying something at a reasonable price. Same thing when I sold a house several years ago: when
...Show more

+1

Nov 18, 2012 at 02:03 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · what is up with sales in B&S ???

Only takes a few seconds to make an offer, you never know a person's bottom line.

Nov 18, 2012 at 07:06 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.