Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Rules & Guidelines | Canon Lens Code
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Sold: Canon 5d2 -- $1100 OBO -- Please Read (5d II Mark 2...

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Canon 5d2 -- $1100 OBO -- Please Read (5d II Mark 2 mk2)

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Canon 5d Mark II

Item Sold

Price: $1,100.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 6 Useable, but has considerable optical or mechanical imperfections
Shipping instructions: USPS Priority Mail, I'll cover the shipping, you get the fees. Shipping from 03909, USA

I'll start by saying this camera has been my baby, and this decision to let 'er go has been a lot harder than I thought. I will be 100% honest about everything we've been through together, and want to make sure she goes to a good home to live the rest of her long life.

She is 21941 clicks young, and has been used for about 80% video work. I'd estimate 5-6k more openings from the various live view opening/closings. Still, ~30k is young for these bad boys.

I purchased it mid July 2011 used from a photographer who used it as his backup. About 12-13k clicks were on it when I got it, a few paint blemishes, but was in great shape. (And yes I paid more for it used then it goes for brand new now : )

Now a few weddings ago, my buddy and I noticed a few dead (hot/cold/not sure what to call them) pixels in the footage I shot at 3200iso. I know these things happen over time, but in video they are infinitely harder to just mask out. I filmed another the next week after trying the pixel remap trick, but a few more popped up. Unfortunately it was something we couldnt work with, and I took out an emergency "I-O-U" from my dad to get a 5d III. After using it for a few weeks, I've slowly realized I a)need to sell this to finish paying him back, b)can't justify having two cameras. I held out for the longest time making this thread HOPING I could keep this and send it into CPS to get it checked out, but I just dont have the money or time right now.

Things worth noting with the camera:
-The viewfinder/pentaprism has some dust above the focusing screen that I haven't been able to clean. I think Canon can get up in there, I never wanted to risk it and didnt use it much for it to become a bothersome fact
-I had a zfinder adhesive strap on the back of the lcd for a while. I took it off recently, and am not sure if it peeled up parts of the protective glass/comprimised the seal or not.
-The sensor probably needs a cleaning. It got dirty a few times and has been cleaned by myself, but would definitely benefit from a Canon clean.
-Again, the sensor has a few dead/hot/cold pixels that become apparent as you get higher in the ISO range.

So basically, this camera needs to go to a loving owner willing to give it a bit of time and effort to get her to new. Some of the ideal candidates would be:
-Someone with a CPS membership where the camera could be cleaned and checked for free, and then any repairs to the sensor could be discounted
-Someone who needs a 5d2 on a budget, who can work around a few pixels being off if they ever venture into the higher iso range
-Someone who doesn't mind fixing it up or maybe knows better than I do
-You, because you understand I want this thing to go towards someone who will love it as much as I did

I have a link to a .zip containing some example photos and video straight from the camera for those interested. The video is a 1min clip of me flipping through the iso's (400-H1, narrated), and the photos range from iso 160-H2. It looked a lot better than I remember, perhaps from sitting around without much use, perhaps it fixed itself?

Sale includes:
*5dII
*Body cap
*Brand new canon battery + charger (from 5dIII, score for you!)
*Cheap ebay battery grip

----------
This is my first FM Sale, but beyond the feedback I have here, I have feedback on POTN (same name), Ebay, and other camera forums.

Edited on Nov 20, 2012 at 02:24 PM · View previous versions

Nov 16, 2012 at 03:43 AM
JOEinSD86

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Canon 5d2 -- $1100 OBO -- Please Read (5d II Mark 2 mk2)

Any still grabs of the dead pixels?

Nov 17, 2012 at 06:37 AM
SEJohnson83
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Canon 5d2 -- $1100 OBO -- Please Read (5d II Mark 2 mk2)

Interested in stills showing the hot pixels as well

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Canon 5d2 -- $1100 OBO -- Please Read (5d II Mark 2 mk2)

Hey guys, I'll have a public link to a .zip of some samples up soon, right now it is in my personal dropbox. You can PM me if you're interested and I'll send you the one I have up!

Cheers,
Jamie

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password