Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · NHL Withdrawal: Jordan's day with Stanley

capitalK
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · NHL Withdrawal: Jordan's day with Stanley

I figured I would post these photos from August for those of us that are in NHL withdrawal. Traditionally every member of the championship team gets a day to bring the Stanley Cup to their hometown. Jordan Nolan brought it home to the Garden River First Nation reserve just outside of Sault Ste Marie.

The portrait at the end was not set up by me, I wish I had had my lights for it or even a flash closer on a stand to light him and separate him from the background. He was being photographed by another photographer and I snapped that one when they were finished. I really regret not being better prepared with an umbrella or softbox but I was not given great access despite shooting it for a wire service. My flash was just powerful enough to give him a little kiss of light, luckily the Stanley Cup on his shoulders makes a pretty good reflector

I used to shoot Jordan when he was a Soo Greyhound, so it was nice to see him bring the cup back to his community.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:47 AM
capitalK
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · NHL Withdrawal: Jordan's day with Stanley

Just a few more. You never know who is going to show up to a First Nation reserve in Northern Ontario Canada. Hey! It's Emmanuel Lewis, TV's Webster. Random!

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:18 PM
jamez
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · NHL Withdrawal: Jordan's day with Stanley

Nice work

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:56 PM
awacs
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · NHL Withdrawal: Jordan's day with Stanley

Thanks for these very good shots. As a hockey fan, this helps take the edge off. As a Sharks fan, well...

Aram

Nov 15, 2012 at 03:02 PM
capitalK
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · NHL Withdrawal: Jordan's day with Stanley

Thanks for the feedback, it was a great event to cover.

Nov 15, 2012 at 06:09 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.