Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Last Rose .......

James McQueen
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Last Rose .......

I was helping get the last of the wifeís fern into the pit for the winter when I noticed this rose blooming in all its glory. I was surprised to see it as all of them have been gone for a couple of weeks. Got this shot just as the cold rain began to fall and is seems that winter is on its way.

As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

- Jim

Nov 14, 2012 at 08:37 PM
acjd
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Last Rose .......

Very nice but one question. It looks like the water droplets are sharp on the leaves but not on the rose? Or I could be looking at it wrong.

Nov 14, 2012 at 09:51 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Last Rose .......

A difficult color to render properly Jim. It is possible that the rose petals are a bit overexposed or over saturated and the slight hint of blue find on the petals would seem to go with this light after a rain. I often work with color sliders to get a rose looking the way I remember it and in this case yours may be spot on?

Lots of nice detail on the foliage, would agree the petals seem a bit off in contrast/sharpness?

Karl

Nov 15, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Last Rose .......

Nice comp Jim ~ Ron

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:41 AM
James McQueen
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Last Rose .......

After reading your comments I had to remove my contacts and get my glasses on. I guess it is time to take these 70 year old eyes back to the eye doctor. Iíve included a shot of the rose just before the rain started and the petals look much sharper to me. Do the petals look better to you? I must say I miss the rain drops as they add a lot to the image.

- Jim

Nov 15, 2012 at 03:11 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Last Rose .......

The no rain image looks great Jim.

Morris

Nov 15, 2012 at 03:45 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password