Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · Canon 500D and 55-250
  
 
Tom Kelley
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Canon 500D and 55-250


Is it possible to get decent "Macro Like" photos with this combination? I have the T3I and the 55-250 Canon lens.


Nov 14, 2012 at 05:30 PM
lesaus
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Canon 500D and 55-250


Tom,

If you add an extension tube between the body and lens you will be able to focus much closer, resulting in greater magnification.



Nov 14, 2012 at 05:41 PM
mmurph
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Canon 500D and 55-250


Is that the camera that you are asking about? Might change the title (Says "500D", before change.)



Edited on Nov 14, 2012 at 11:30 PM · View previous versions



Nov 14, 2012 at 07:15 PM
Tom Kelley
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Canon 500D and 55-250


I meant the 500D adapter to go on the lens. Sorry about the confusion.


Nov 14, 2012 at 07:31 PM
Tom Kelley
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Canon 500D and 55-250


lesaus wrote:
Tom,

If you add an extension tube between the body and lens you will be able to focus much closer, resulting in greater magnification.

I see lots of them online at different prices. Do you have any suggestions on which one? I realize that this won't be true macro, but just want to see what i can do.



Nov 14, 2012 at 07:57 PM
scottam10
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Canon 500D and 55-250


+1 on the extension tube.

The 500D would also work, but it's a screw-in filter and you'd only be able to use it with other lenses with the same filter size (58mm) whereas an extension tube would work with all lenses

RE extension tubes - make sure you get one with electrical contacts on the lens mount so you can control the aperture. Wiht a 'dumb' extension tube you can only shoot wide open.



Nov 14, 2012 at 10:12 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Tom Kelley
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Canon 500D and 55-250


scottam10 wrote:
+1 on the extension tube.

The 500D would also work, but it's a screw-in filter and you'd only be able to use it with other lenses with the same filter size (58mm) whereas an extension tube would work with all lenses

RE extension tubes - make sure you get one with electrical contacts on the lens mount so you can control the aperture. Wiht a 'dumb' extension tube you can only shoot wide open.

Good information Thanks much.



Nov 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM
mitesh
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Canon 500D and 55-250


Kenko makes great extension tubes for Canon. They are a fraction of the cost of the Canon branded ones, and function every bit as well. You can get them from any of the major photo retailers, and if you're feeling really thrifty, on eBay (from China) for even less.


Nov 14, 2012 at 10:42 PM
mmurph
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · Canon 500D and 55-250


Tom Kelley wrote:
I meant the 500D adapter to go on the lens. Sorry about the confusion.


Me stupid ... cheers!



Nov 14, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Sjjindra
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · Canon 500D and 55-250


You may have already gotten your answer, but if you have the 18-55IS kit lens, a number of people have stated that it is not a bad close-up lens. Per the specs, it will do .33X at 9" at 55mm. So that would be fine for flowers and many other things. If you have that lens, give it a try as well.

Has anyone used this lens for close-up?

Thanks
Steven



Nov 15, 2012 at 03:09 PM
Tom Kelley
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · Canon 500D and 55-250


I do have that lens and i'll try it. Thanks.


Nov 16, 2012 at 02:24 AM





FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password