Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              5       6       end

Archive 2012 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

skibum5
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

http://www.canonwatch.com/rumor-canons-2013-roadmap-lenses-new-rebel-eos-70d-high-res-dslr/

"And finally: the rumored high megapixel DSLR (at least 46MP) could be announced during Q3. Unfortunately no specs here, except that it will have 6fps, and a newly designed sensor with very good low ISO performance. No hints about the name, but it will not have the “D” in the name. It's said to be something “very new” and specifically aimed at studio photography. Prototypes already undergoing tests."

Wow so long as they don't leave out the 5D3/1DX AF because it is "just a studio/landscape camera" this sounds awesome.

If they get the low ISO to be more like Exmor and let it have 6fps and the 5D3/1DX AF, wow, the ultimate all around camera. Fantastic reach for wildlife and sports, good enough at 6fps for action for some (not for a main sports pro's primary dedicated body but whatever), amazing AF. D800 who?

I just pray it is in a 5D3-size body but I'm really fearing a brick .

It would be nice if they also let it shoot crop modes so you don't have to store 46MP for far off birds that only take up the middle 16MP or something, so far that has not been the Canon way, but I hope they would give in. A perfect 12MP mini-RAW tht it could deliver would not do it for that since you'd lose all reach.

But wow, totally new tech for great low ISO, 40MP or more AND 6fps and hopefully 5D3 AF, wow. Man this could be an awesome body! (if real of course)

Although the very new and specifically for studio make me a little worried that something about the body design might make it weird to use??

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:24 PM
snapsy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

Canon starts the bidding at $10,000...

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.1 #3 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

A 35 or 50 for the eos m?

NOOOO make a 10-xx uwa zoom (or even a 10mm prime).

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:41 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

snapsy wrote:
Canon starts the bidding at $10,000...

I hope they might manage $5500 for that by late 2013, early 2014, but I may be dreaming....
but Nikon won't sit still so I don't know if they can 10k even if it is the best overall body ever made.

whatever the case, all the body specs, sound super awesome at least

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:45 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #5 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

40+ MP, 6FPS...that's got to be a 2 CPU body and that would suggest a pro body, it's gonna need some big pipes!
Great news for those that need higher MP, that's more than double Canon's largest current FF sensor.
Will it be the EOS 3X?

Sure hope Intel comes out with a faster CPU, there's no doubt you'd need it!
Makes me wonder about the possible advances in APS-C sensors and the upcoming xxD and the 7D upgrades

Thanks for the link SB5!

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:54 PM
PeaktoPeek
• • •
p.1 #6 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

Since there is no "D" in the name and its probably pro body they must be calling it "The Canon XXL" and I'm sure it will cost as much as a used Honda. There in lies the problem, how much more than a D800E and how much better.

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:05 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.1 #7 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

StillFingerz wrote:
Sure hope Intel comes out with a faster CPU, there's no doubt you'd need it!

My old 2500k copes with 90 frame 5d2 stitches OK, though it does need more memory..

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM
davenfl
• • • •
p.1 #8 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

To virtual guarantees, one it will by Canon design have some gosh awful non-sense compromises, and two it will be priced out of the reach of most everyone. They have already played their hand by saying "studio camera" meaning it not a general use design. Who cares.

Dave

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

First priority is replacing 7D. The high MP FF can wait and it won't be cheap.

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #10 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

davenfl wrote:
To virtual guarantees, one it will by Canon design have some gosh awful non-sense compromises, and two it will be priced out of the reach of most everyone. They have already played their hand by saying "studio camera" meaning it not a general use design. Who cares.

Dave

Even though there's no doubt in my mind the price tag will be large...I do care.
Why, there are masters of studio, fashion and landscape photography that create truly breathtaking imagery.
Our host Fred Miranda being one of those masters!

To see Fred's images of Yosemite in particular bring back memories from my youth and my last trip to that beautiful valley before I broke my neck. I'll not trample through that lovely valley with my wheels, but I will continue to enjoy those places I cannot tread through others' images. The higher end bodies and glass do count...

Jerry

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

If it's a studio camera, why 6fps?

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:36 AM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #12 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

RobertLynn wrote:
If it's a studio camera, why 6fps?

Models, wind machines, hair blowin around n such...just one example off the top of my head, where extra FPS wouldn't hurt, drop it down to 4FPS and I'd guess you could do with 1 CPU?!
It could be used for venue shooting also, concerts, plays (Broadway), dance; ballet and modern, the Circus, Cirque du Soleil like events, etc. if the high ISO performance is like current sensors;or better...just a few thoughts

Nov 14, 2012 at 01:08 AM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.1 #13 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

PeaktoPeek wrote:
Since there is no "D" in the name and its probably pro body they must be calling it "The Canon XXL" and I'm sure it will cost as much as a used Honda. There in lies the problem, how much more than a D800E and how much better.

All rumors still, but there seems to be a sort of trend in the recent high MP sensor rumors that it will come in a pro body with a huge price tag - a 1-series body which I couldn't care less about. This just means it will take a while for this technology to make it down into a 5D body then unfortunately. More people will go for a D800(E) in this kind of scenario. As many, I only hope Canon is not delaying this further to come up with a high MP studio/landscape camera for <= $3K.

Nov 14, 2012 at 01:09 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

The same rumours about the new FF sensor say the 7D II will get the crop version of the same sensor tech and be 24MP, but supposedly much better IQ than current 18MP sensor. One can only hope it's true but I'm skeptical.

Nov 14, 2012 at 03:35 AM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

StillFingerz wrote:
Models, wind machines, hair blowin around n such...just one example off the top of my head, where extra FPS wouldn't hurt,

Yeah, my hope is that they also just call it studio but it will still be a normal body and awesome for general purpose. At 6fps it would be solid for wildlife and even sports so long as you are not shooting for some serious organization and simply can't miss THE key frame in any scrum or what not.

I hope they don't do seem little weird thing that somehow makes it studio only. They see a MF format camera with 3 AF sensors and then do that or something else weird.

Calling it studio focused might well be mostly just so justify some $$$$ price though, if it too crazy like snapsy suggested that would be unfortunate (not that I am expecting any sort of $2500 by any means hah).

Of course all of this assumes that the source actually is reliable as the guy claims.

Nov 14, 2012 at 06:00 AM
Speter
• •
p.1 #16 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

Why in the bloody heck will I need that many megapixels. I can't imagine all the hard drives I'll need.

Nov 14, 2012 at 07:51 AM
thw2
• • • •
p.1 #17 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

davenfl wrote:
it will by Canon design have some gosh awful non-sense compromises

Have you read the complaints about the unresponsive and inaccurate AF (particularly peripheral AF points) on the new Nikon D600? Looks like the 39 AF points on D600 just look good on paper, but is actually a major fail in real usage.

Nov 14, 2012 at 08:21 AM
justruss
• • • •
p.1 #18 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

Speter wrote:
Why in the bloody heck will I need that many megapixels. I can't imagine all the hard drives I'll need.

So sayeth the oracle with the release of the Canon 1Ds.

So sayeth the unbelievers in the time of the 512K hard drive...

Nov 14, 2012 at 08:23 AM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

Speter wrote:

You don't need them. You can't imagine needing it or wanting it. Don't buy it. Simple.

Others will at least want a high MPx camera and may even need it. Be a sport and let them buy it.

Personally, if the price is good I'd like very much to get it.

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:15 AM
KiboOst
• • •
p.1 #20 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

Make it 1serie like (integrated grip), with real iso 12/25/50 and a slow mode (slow sensor reading/high DR) and I take it now ...

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:21 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password