Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 40D "Card not Formatted"

genoph
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 40D "Card not Formatted"

Hey all, I'm having trouble with an old 40D. It won't read cards. No matter what I put in it, it says "Card not Formatted" and won't let me format the damn thing. I've tried formatting on camera, on the computer, I've never had this issue before, and the cards work on my 5Dii. I've tried three so far.

Any ideas folks? They're older cards, so it's not that they're too speedy for old Mr. 40D.

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 40D "Card not Formatted"

Can you see that all the pins are correct?

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 40D "Card not Formatted"

Maybe you have a faulty camera or poor connection (check for damaged pins) but if the cards format on your 5D2 the 40D should recognize them as a formatted card so problem solved in a sense.

That aside......you might want to try formatting a card with a computer first then giving it a go.....but my suspicion is that the cards are ok if the 5D2 does the job.

I have a 40D and cards that are modern going back to some that pre-date the 40D...they all work in the 40D.

Nov 13, 2012 at 01:59 PM
Shutterbug2006
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 40D "Card not Formatted"

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
Can you see that all the pins are correct?

+1 The card slot probably has a bent pin in the camera. Use a light and see if any pins appear bent or broken.

Nov 13, 2012 at 07:19 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password