Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Canon 7d status light keeps flickering

JohnBrose
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 7d status light keeps flickering

The status light on my 7d keeps flickering intermitantly about 1/2 brightness than it does when it is reading/writing to the card. It doesn't appear to be doing anything in that time and still works normally other that the light flickering. Wondering if anyone else has had this happen and if they did something to cure it? It seems to stop if I reformat the card, but then starts up once I have some shots on the card.

Nov 13, 2012 at 03:57 AM
dwweiche
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 7d status light keeps flickering

That's a new one for me. Haven't ever seen this with my 7D.

I assume you've tried this with more than one card?

Nov 13, 2012 at 05:42 AM
Jeff_Stapleton
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 7d status light keeps flickering

This happened to me when I took a card out of my 1D3 and put it into my 7D. Its like the camera was searching for the proper file system. Try formatting the card. That made it stop for me.

Nov 13, 2012 at 06:02 AM
Axel Cato

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 7d status light keeps flickering

Had this happen to me at a wedding. I kept turning the camera off and on, kept doing it once I turned it back on. Took the card out and put it back in, started as soon as I close the card door. It stop once I pulled the battery but came back on later in the day.

Formatting the card fixed it, hasn't come back up since. Just format the card on the camera like Jeff mentioned and it should fix it.

Axel.

Nov 14, 2012 at 05:16 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JohnBrose
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon 7d status light keeps flickering

I've reformatted the card several times and I believe I've tried a couple cards with same result. The main offender(the card I use most in the camera) is a Lexar. I'll try to keep my eye on it and try it for several days with a sandisk card in it to see if it acts the same. Might just be a bad card.

Nov 14, 2012 at 11:36 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon 7d status light keeps flickering

JohnBrose wrote:
I've reformatted the card several times and I believe I've tried a couple cards with same result. The main offender(the card I use most in the camera) is a Lexar. I'll try to keep my eye on it and try it for several days with a sandisk card in it to see if it acts the same. Might just be a bad card.

Try a low level format.

A in camera format does nothing to fix a damaged or corrupted card, it just marks the files as being erased.

Nov 15, 2012 at 03:09 AM
JohnBrose
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon 7d status light keeps flickering

I tried a low level format and the light stayed normal till I had maybe 50 files on it or so and then it started the low blinking again. Haven't had time to try the card much in one of my other bodies, so that is next.

Nov 19, 2012 at 04:07 AM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon 7d status light keeps flickering

JohnBrose wrote:
I tried a low level format and the light stayed normal till I had maybe 50 files on it or so and then it started the low blinking again. Haven't had time to try the card much in one of my other bodies, so that is next.

That does sound like the card. Try a different card.

If you have a pc, do a surface scan on the card. It will read and write to every location and tell you if there are bad cells. This is a long test, but thorough.

Nov 21, 2012 at 03:10 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password